• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Attaching R-GT snorkel to the rear hatch.

I like the R-GT snorkel a lot. I have look at the one sold by Umbrella. Is there anyway that I could use doublesided tape that would be strong enough to withstand the air resistance if I go to speed more than 120mph?

The glass hatch won't have any hole as I would like to reverse the mods if required by the authorities.

I hope Kane doesn't mine I use one of his photo.

DSCN2268.JPG

No way that will stay on at 120mph... I can't imagine it will last you more than a few months at most. Even the heavy duty commercial grade 3M double stick tape will probably give out after a little while.

Buy a lexan window, cut a hole in it to make it functional, and bolt the scoop to the window and use double-sided tape.

Then just slap on the stock glass rear hatch if you have problems with local authorities.

Thanks for the advise guys. My plan was to drill some holes at the bottom end of the snorkle. It will be non functional but I really like the look. The cost of getting the lexan hatch is quite expensive if added with shipping cost. The Route KS snorkel looks to small for my taste even if it is functional (comes with lexan hatch).

I would call a glass company and see what they. I loooooove that snorkel ...if I were going to do it? Not have it functional...I would look into an epoxy and go that route. For a more perminant with the glass....I would take a dremel...etch the glass and epoxy it on.. Can you pm me what you did or what they list for? I was looking for an alternative to the lexan with scoop. I hope that kinda helps. And btw I was watching the history channel and did you know that some of the sky scrapers use industrial grade 3m tape to hold their windows in? Crazy huh :)
Bill

I like the R-GT snorkel a lot. I have look at the one sold by Umbrella. Is there anyway that I could use doublesided tape that would be strong enough to withstand the air resistance if I go to speed more than 120mph?

The glass hatch won't have any hole as I would like to reverse the mods if required by the authorities.

I hope Kane doesn't mine I use one of his photo.

DSCN2268.JPG

My first answer to this is.... go to a track... roll your window down at 120 mph and stick your hand out the window... now pretend your hand was a perfectly designed tear drop snorkel and ask yourself if you think anything would hold it on...

but with that said.... I have had a few NSX owners asking for a hatch and snorkel...

We make a much more structurally sound snorkel that would require much less body work than the $1000.00 snorkel offered by Umbrella Auto.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109894&highlight=stmpo

Our retail price is only 600.00… without the expensive international shipping, taxes, tariff’s…. and most importantly… it’s made where you want it made !

I will start a group by here… LOL

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1248739#post1248739

I hope enough NSX owners are interested in this... my snorkel hatch combo with a shroud (see in the pics included) to my ATA innercooler works so well on my STMPO Stage 3 turbo... that after an hour of driving in the az heat... the charge pipe before the ATA is so hot you wouldnt think to touch it... but the pipe after the ATA can be grabbed by an uncovered bare hand...

and that is my $.02

Regards

Attachments

• snorkel 1.jpg
    snorkel 1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 602
  • snorkel 2.jpg
    snorkel 2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 599
  • snorkel 3.jpg
    snorkel 3.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 570
  • snorkel 4.jpg
    snorkel 4.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 647
Last edited:
That snorkel and lexan hatch maybe the answer to my dream. The pricing is also good value for money compared to what Route KS was asking for a similar combo.

Last edited:
Wasn't the genuine R-GT snorkel mounted on the OEM glass hatch? I thought i read somewhere it was none functional.

I would have thought that as long as the entry of the the snorkel was blanked off (ie. no air can enter, therefore not creating a high pressure area. it might be ok. but I'm not sure I'd like to test the theory!

I think you're right. The R-GT supposedly used the same OEM induction as the NSX-R and only the JGTC NSX used a functional scoop with ITB. I wonder how they attached the scoop to the hatch glass?

Wasn't the genuine R-GT snorkel mounted on the OEM glass hatch? I thought i read somewhere it was none functional.

I would have thought that as long as the entry of the the snorkel was blanked off (ie. no air can enter, therefore not creating a high pressure area. it might be ok. but I'm not sure I'd like to test the theory!

i also agree. i think you are right.

Taken from MAJOR STONER GALLERY

looks like they only used chewing gum :biggrin:
4723nsxr-mugen_duct.jpg

How about windscreen bonding from 3m?

i also agree. i think you are right.

Taken from MAJOR STONER GALLERY

looks like they only used chewing gum :biggrin:
4723nsxr-mugen_duct.jpg

We are trying to build a functional hatch snorkel combo so for anyone interested please contact us...

To help aid in how Honda most likely did that... it would show on the underside so a black a/b epoxy would work to attach the snorkle and also fill the seal between the snorkel and the glass (around the edges)...

Regards

I've been wanting this piece on my white NSX too....

however I do not want to replace the glass with lexan and hesitant to use any type of glue in fear of damaging the glass.

If you figure a way to do this let me know, would hate lose it on the highway and the state tropper is the recipient of this snorkel in his windshield! :eek:

I have seen the snorkel at STMPO. I am getting one. The price Ross charges can't be beat now because Ross wants to put his products out there at an affordable intro price. Higher prices don't always mean higher quality. U be the judge, my hondas are all there to have STMPO do there magic on not just looks but to be functional as well.

+1. This looks silly enough as it is. If you're going to do it, at least make sure it is functional.

+2. This part has been so terribly "lost in translation".

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
+1. This looks silly enough as it is. If you're going to do it, at least make sure it is functional.

+2. This part has been so terribly "lost in translation".

Regards,

Danny

I've been wanting this piece on my white NSX too....

however I do not want to replace the glass with lexan and hesitant to use any type of glue in fear of damaging the glass.

If you figure a way to do this let me know, would hate lose it on the highway and the state tropper is the recipient of this snorkel in his windshield! :eek:

we will only have a funtional part made.... and the first lexan piece is almost complete

Regards

Different people different stroke. Same as why use bigger rims if not going to fit BBK.:smile:

Different people different stroke. Same as why use bigger rims if not going to fit BBK.:smile:

Jin,

We have 1 snorkel that was made for someone who ended up not buying it... if you would like it... please check the quote I emailed you and reply.

Regards and Happy Holidays

Just bought one from Ross. Great product! I'll post pics when my product is done. Thanks Ross. :biggrin:

Are you planning to glue yours onto the glass window? OR double sided tape?

I love the look but do not want to replace my glass hatch with a lexan window.....hmmmm

Back