• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AutoBlog: Remember, Honda

The european accord has a nicer looking grill, I'm wondering if it will fit the usdm TSX..

Man - how come they get the good looking model - damn that is so much better than the one imported to the US! Gotta like the V6!

Man - how come they get the good looking model - damn that is so much better than the one imported to the US! Gotta like the V6!

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In my view, the US TSK has a more sporty appeal with ist grille.

For the RL, "perhaps" the European grille would have been a better option but still it has a more family/sedan look not a luxury .... kind of indeed a Hyundai/Toyota realm .......

I echo most of the above sentiments. We have been driving Acuras for past 10 years -- 2000 TL (exported to my Dad in Toronto), 2003 TLS (leased); 2004 TL (exported to my Dad in Toronto) and 2006 TL (my daily driver when not tooling around in my /94 NSX). However, with the /08 restyle of the TL and then the restyle of the TSX (too small for us in any event), this pushed us out of the Honda family back to a couple of Volvos (/08 S80 T6 leased and just replaced with a /10 S80 T6). The funkiness of the new Honda/Acura designs is for certain pushing many of their loyal customers away -- this is not just my impression but my local dealer has candidly admitted as much. The slide in sales volume for the TL is not just due to the economy. I hope Honda/Acura will get back to their roots and the next iteration of the TL/Accord will have a more pleasing/organic design -- kind of like what has become of the BMW 5 series (the new one of course, not the Bangle version). I would be very happy if my next daily driver were an Acura as I have enjoyed every one that I have had and despite some minor squeak/rattle issues they have been great cars to own and drive.

Cheers,
Jeff

Sorry all -- meant the /09 restyle of the TL! And no offence meant to anyone who finds the new body style pleasing to his/her eye but I just find it heinous looking. The funny thing is that IMHO the mechanicals are 10-15% better than the /04-08 TL -- faster, better brakes, slightly better ride/handling (although I didn't much care for the steering) but I could not bear the thought of having to look at it in my garage for the next 5-7 years! Don't worry, this is a company that learns from its mistakes -- I predict Honda/Acura will be back with some great sedans next model cycle.
:smile:

Ok, guys, just watched the blog video provided by the OP - never had seen that one before - great video!!!!

So now I'm wondering:

1. What's that rear valence?
2. The side skirts look so clean
3. The car is lowered - on what? Is that the stock R suspension set up?
4. Saw just a bit of the console - of course it was CF - and the push button start - what's up?
5. Wheels - what were they -
This did not look like a stock R?

Is all that stuff available? Anyone know exactly what that stuff is? I mean it didn't seem like I'd seen that rear valence before - must have missed something - haven't seen an R lately in pics.

Comments? BTW - awesome looking -

before i got my nsx,i was trying to convince myself i should get the previous tsx instead,more practical and all that.then the new one came out,and i almost sent acura an email saying thank you for making it so ugly,now i have to get an nsx.
i found a nice nsx with 30k miles for not much more than a new loadad tsx,and kept my integra for a dd.
so,things work out,but i agree with what people are saying about the direction the company's taking

Back