• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bad Enzo wreck

There is a picture floating around of motorcycle (Ducati, I think) that tee-boned a V W (Golf?) at 150 MPH. Instantly killed was the rider and both occupants of the car. The motorcycle and the driver were impaled inside the car.

I can take blood and guts ok, but that picture was nauseating.

Speculation was that when the rider saw the car he was something like 2-250’ from the car. However, at that speed the reaction time of the rider required something like 3-350’ separation distance to avoid impact.

I think the incident was in Sweden?

Yellow Rose said:
There is a picture floating around of motorcycle (Ducati, I think) that tee-boned a V W (Golf?) at 150 MPH. Instantly killed was the rider and both occupants of the car. The motorcycle and the driver were impaled inside the car.

Speculation was that when the rider saw the car he was something like 2-250’ from the car. However, at that speed the reaction time of the rider required something like 3-350’ separation distance to avoid impact.

I remember seeing that picture. I think someone posted it here and it was ugly.

Good for him!

He went out doing what he loved. 2 thumbs up for this ballz italian. Rather go out in an ENZO .... no the mention the 1 zillion postings about me then slow death at the hospital due to old age.

Props to this guy. :cool:

Yellow Rose said:

Are you referring to this clip?

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=AEAAF15D-1270-444E-8BD5-758E2C26C862&term=motorcycle

RON98 said:
Good for him!

He went out doing what he loved. 2 thumbs up for this ballz italian.

He apparently left behind a wife and kids. Driving that irresponsibly on public roads was a very selfish thing to do. Can you imagine the sorrow and grief that his survivors are going through right now? I give him 2 big thumbs down.

anyone see the picture of the guy in the corvette that hit the back of a semi?
you could see his arm in the picture. That was one of the most disturbing pics I have seen.

PAUL M said:
anyone see the picture of the guy in the corvette that hit the back of a semi?
you could see his arm in the picture. That was one of the most disturbing pics I have seen.

Yes, and if you look closely, you can see a large blood splatter on the back of the semi's trailer. Hmmm, looks to be the height of what was the driver's head.

But talking about disturbing....how about the picture of the motorcycle that tee-boned a car at 150 MPH. The bike was wedged into the car. See post # 26 within this thread.

RON98 said:
Good for him!

He went out doing what he loved. 2 thumbs up for this ballz italian. Rather go out in an ENZO .... no the mention the 1 zillion postings about me then slow death at the hospital due to old age.

Props to this guy. :cool:

Maybe, but I'd rather still be driving the Enzo. I vote for crashing the Enzo when I'm 99 years old.

But talking about disturbing....how about the picture of the motorcycle that tee-boned a car at 150 MPH. The bike was wedged into the car. See post # 26 within this thread.

I think the most disturbing has to be that F355 crash in Sao Paulo. You need trauma surgeon stomach to handle those pics.

Arshad said:

I think the most disturbing has to be that F355 crash in Sao Paulo. You need trauma surgeon stomach to handle those pics.

I remember seeing that on rotten.com a few years ago! That was sick! I had someone here translate it for me just to see what the words with the pictures said. It didn't matter though because the pictures spoke for themselves.

I have always wondered why many cars are artificially governed to a top speed of 155 mph, and I assumed that it was because 250 km was chosen and deemed fast enough. Now, I have a new theory. Electrical impulses travel though your central nervous system at 156 mph. So, in theory, any speed greater than that and one loses the ability to react in realtime. I wonder what the legal ramifications are of selling a car so fast that you cannot control it.

Back