• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BaschBoost Supercharger Dyno Graphs

Posted from ScienceofSpeed:

Thanks to Bryan Z for sending these.

baschboost_rwh_1992_stock.gif

baschboost_rwt_1992_stock.gif

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 16 October 2001).]

That's a really nice smooth curve. What impresses me most is the torque curve.... it just keeps going.

Got the pleasure to meet Mark Basch last night as the SW Caravan rolled thru Tulsa last night. I was very impressed with the design and looks of Da' Supa'. It is extremely clean and he said it would probably be a 2-3 hour install. Wow! You guys going to NSXPO are very fortunate. Very fortunate.

Shawn

I am a little upset I ordered a Comptech a year ago! I talked to Mark B. just before ordering and he didn't even mention that he had this in the works! I guess this is a testament as to how honorable a guy he is, if he would of mentioned that he was working on this I probably would of waited.

His unit looks superior in every way to the Comptech unit. Horsepower, installation, looks. I can't wait to see it at NSXPO, but I think I am going to be a little jealous!

I'm curious if anyone knows what mod would best compliment Mark's SC in a way to create even greater torque. I understand that opening up any airway would work, but which would be the most effective. I really want to feel the low end punch up after I get this baby installed.

>I'm curious if anyone knows what mod would
>best compliment Mark's SC in a way to
>create even greater torque.

If you want more torque across the entire RPM range, then more boost pressure will do that. If you want more torque at the upper RPM range, headers, no cats and aftermarket exhaust would be the best initial change. After that, ported heads and higher lift cams. My first mod will be to replace the cats with bypass pipes because I am concerned about heat build-up when I am on the track (sustained full throttle).

Anyone have some used cat bypass pipes for sale?

------------------
Zublin Engineering
http://www.zublin.com

Anyone have some used cat bypass pipes for sale?

Bryan -- have you seen the TAITEC straight pipes listed on my site? They are less than other alternatives. I post this because I thought you'd be interested in the option to connect an exhaust probe for temp. readings.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Actually, it took a lot of getting used to for me after 3 corvettes... where I was used to always drving below 3Krpms.
smile.gif

Yes, there were a couple more K available, but purely aesthetic.
wink.gif

Is it 5600 with Mark flying out and installing it or could it be installed by anyone?

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT BPU+

Originally posted by nsxbadboy:
Is it 5600 with Mark flying out and installing it or could it be installed by anyone?

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/superchargers/BaschBoost/
If you go to Chris's site a scroll to the bottom, you'll find this:
Terms and Conditions of Sale:
This product is sold with installation for free provided by Basch Acura Service. This is a limited time offer. Certain terms and conditions apply. By purchasing, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
The BaschBoost Supercharger must be installed by Basch Acura Service of Phoenix, AZ and San Diego, CA. This is a limited time restriction for the first 30 units including free installation.
Receipt of payment to ScienceofSpeed places your NSX in line for installation.

Mark has been known to fly out to install parts and work on cars, and gets paid accordingly.

Don't be silly. NOBODY drives an NSX below 3000 rpm.
biggrin.gif
[/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, I am looking for that off-the-line-lurch. Probably more important for me to get some clutch work done first, but I have always felt that second gear always needed a lot of help on my 91. Haven't had the chance to play with the 6 speed.

Bryan, check your mail. A friend of mine is selling a practically new set of the Comptech pipes. I was going to buy them, but I'm still undecided with exhaust so I'm going to wait. I emailed you his number. I think it's only been on his car for a couple weeks and he was selling for $200 or so.

The posted dyno plots don't really show it, but the more detailed dyno print out that I have shows a jump in the torque at the point that the engine switches to the higher profile cam lobes ("VTEC range"). I wonder if there is any performance to be gained by lowering the RPM at which it switches to the VTEC range. I know with NA NSX's there is probably no gain, but with boost there might be. Has anyone tried this on their Comptech or Groupe M SC?

------------------
Zublin Engineering

The VTEC engagement is controlled by a spool valve that is electrically powered. So all that is needed to to apply the power to the valve at a lower RPM. The SmartShift could do this, as well as other VTEC controllers on the market.

The BaschBoost SC uses the stock fuel injectors. The increased fuel flow is achieved by using a higher fuel pressure.

------------------
Zublin Engineering

This probably isn't a big concern for most people, but what would the expected drop in fuel economy be? In general, I prefer turbos to superchargers due to their minimized parasitic power losses, but this supercharger appears to make awesome power and is the first I'm actually considering.

Back