• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC Supercharger with E85 Fuel Conversion Finished Results "508 RWHP"

Just so I'm reading this right... You have THREE fuel pumps? Have you considered using just one inline Bosch 044 fuel pump in conjunction with the intank pump?

Nice numbers!!! I bet that thing rockets!

Just so I'm reading this right... You have THREE fuel pumps? Have you considered using just one inline Bosch 044 fuel pump in conjunction with the intank pump?

Nice numbers!!! I bet that thing rockets!

Yes that's correct 3 pumps we prepared the system so that if I ever go with more power in the future .I won't have to do anything else to the fuel system.

My 5th gear feels like a stock NSX's 3rd gear

Last edited:
A Bosch 044 would allow the same and is capable of delivering more pressure than the Walbro's. Those Injector Dynamics are capable of handling very high pressures. I have the same injectors and the 1,000cc injector can be made to safely flow just like a 2,000 cc injector.

A Bosch 044 would allow the same and is capable of delivering more pressure than the Walbro's. Those Injector Dynamics are capable of handling very high pressures. I have the same injectors and the 1,000cc injector can be made to safely flow just like a 2,000 cc injector.

To each their own this is our custom set-up that works for us .I'm not asking anyone to choose one or the other just stating that is our set-up.I am not a mechanic so I could not argue which is best .

The National Ethanol Coilition states the following: E85 is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline, that is for easier starting. So E10 is 10% ethanol and 90% gasoline. There is a lot of misinformation about the use of ethanol. It is hard to sort it all out. A long time ago the car manufacturers stated that one can not run any more than E10 in our cars. The reasons included a variety of problems that would occur. BUT, then the manufacturers admitted that it was Methanol not Ethanol that caused the problem. As far as I know no one is using Methanol only Ethanol. Now back to the subject at hand, ethanol is 100 octane. It naturally increases the octane of any gas it is added to. On the other hand it contains less BTU's so it will take more alcohol to run a car than gasoline, meaning your mileage will drop about 1-2%. Alcohol burns cleaner and cooler than gasoline, so our engine internals aren't exposed to as many nasty chemicals. This I know for sure. The computer has to be flashed to burn E85. Beyond that I do not know, it is very confusing. Early data suggested that a constant exposure of Neoprene, (gasket material) to alcohol deteriorates the gasket. Now was that Methanol or Ethanol?? No one is talking about that anymore. AT one time I heard that intake and exhaust valves would have to be replaced because alcohol burns hotter, BULL! It is the other way around. Soo, the last I have heard is it is very expensive for current engines to be recertified for multiple fuels because of the EPA standards and that is the MAIN reason that manufacturers have not condoned the use of alcohol in our cars. Point: Some of my racing buddies have used alcohol for years in their engines....... As more pressure is put on manufacturers I think we will see aftermarket kits available similar to the buzz around propane and some computer geeks will get busy and develop a reflash for our cars increasing the volume of fuel, air-fuel mixture and change in the timing. Do it yourself.... purchase a gallon of E85, take it home, purchase a neoprene gasket and soak the gasket in the E85.... see what happens. If nothing happens, then possibly the only thing we need is a reflash of the computer. Oh yes, someone in a local dealership mentioned that they thought the muliple fuel cars had a stainless steel gas tank. I don't know, that one does not make sense. I think there is a lot of misinformation out there trying to get us to buy new. Sound familiar?:rolleyes:

Holy smokes Bat Man this is more info than I can handle LOL

Is your car OK? We missed you at the Orlando event.

Dude I blew a water hose under the car the day before the event & had no way of replacing it till 3 days later.I really wanted to be there it was my birthday that weekend as well.I will definitely be up on next event.

Re: Ethanol and mileage: Mileage will decrease by far more than 1-2%. The 2011 flex-fuel Chevrolet Malabu, for example, gets an EPA estimated 22 (city) to 33 (hwy) mpg on regular gas. When the same car is running on E85, EPA mileage drops to 15/23.

Re: E85 and high performance: Ethanol does have a significantly higher octane value than premium gas so an engine running on e85 can run more agressive timng, leaner air/fuel mixtures, and/or higher compression (including more boost) without developing detonation (knock), which is the real danger to engines when tuning is too agressive.

Re: the 400 HP Limit: The 400 HP limit on stock internals is still a good rule of thumb for pump gas engines becuase the level of tune (timing/air-fuel ratio/boost) needed to produce more will most likely also produce detonation given the stock compression ratio. You reach a point where adding enough fuel or pulling enough timing to overcome the onset of detonation will also kill the hp gains that would result from an increase in boost.

Because of E85's greater resistance to detonation, you can tune the combination of these factors more agressively than you could with pump gas, and thus produce higher hp numbers on the stock internals.

Last edited:
E-85 should have no impact on your gaskets provided you car was manufactured post 91.

The industy made major strides to improve the quality of gaskets with added inhibitors,albeit rubber based or other forms of thermoplastics.

Here in toronto we have 94 octane which cointains 10% ethanol. I have run and stored my car in the winter using this fuel since 1994. When at sos for a re-build,s/c and intercooler ,the engine and rest .....suprisingly was in good shape,given i have close to 200,000 miles lodged.

The use of ethanol has created noise, a lot of which inaccurate!!!

Tof seems to know what he's talking about I was making 465rwhp on pump gas & jumped up to 508 RWHP on E85 a 43hp gain for around $1500.00 what it cost to upgrade the the fuel system.Now that's worth every penny.

Higher octane shouldn't have a problem on the gaskets. I use C16 which is 116 octane (leaded gas) on my turbo charged GSR making 800+whp. Only bad part with the leaded gas is that it kills the O2 sensors and the Cayt con.

Please tell my wife.

;)

I was going to give you a ride on a 550whp nsx but you were busy when i rolled with 6 other NSXs in Pensacola last November. It would make you tell your wife that you are going turbo:biggrin:

Nice numbers step... I could only do 11.6@133mph on street tires. I need to get drag radials.

I was going to give you a ride on a 550whp nsx but you were busy when i rolled with 6 other NSXs in Pensacola last November. It would make you tell your wife that you are going turbo:biggrin:

Nice numbers step... I could only do 11.6@133mph on street tires. I need to get drag radials.

Yes I will never use a street tire again the Drag Radials made a night & day difference. Nitto 555R Drag Radials amazing & great in the rain too.

Chya...I've already started the "Help the Old Guy Get a Nice NSX Turbo Kit Before He Dies" (HOGGNNTKBHD) fund. Contributions are not tax deductable but they are, none the less, appreciated. :D

Back