• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best lease deal so far?

Sorry for confusion, we are well aware of sales tax being paid ~ that is not the issue.

Typically sales tax of $4400 is divided into each monthly payment, it's not paid up front as as lump sum.

IL and CA are the same in that sales tax is only calculated on the portion of the vehicle being leased. Not the entire amount.

Maybe my brain isn't working right today, but in the quote i sent you, it says IL isn't like CA and they collect tax on the full amount of the car.

Maybe my brain isn't working right today, but in the quote i sent you, it says IL isn't like CA and they collect tax on the full amount of the car.

According to my dealer, they changed that rule now so IL is same as CA....I think there's only like 6 states now that collect sales tax on full price of car which of course makes leasing a lot less attractive in those states.

Found this article which supports what dealer says:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...25-illinois-autolease-tax-20141222-story.html

Last edited:
According to my dealer, they changed that rule now so IL is same as CA....I think there's only like 6 states now that collect sales tax on full price of car which of course makes leasing a lot less attractive in those states.

Found this article which supports what dealer says:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...25-illinois-autolease-tax-20141222-story.html

That's a great method for taxing the same car twice. There's no way I'd lease a car having to pay tax on the full MSRP when I'd only be paying for 45%-50% of the car's value during the lease.

But that applies to IL registrations.

I believe this gentleman is coming from the West (and I don't mean Hinsdale).

I’m in Illinois and they only collect taxes on the monthly payment. Rules changed in 2015.

The question is:

Does the dealer collect the ENTIRE FULL TAX amount for the lease term up front? For example, let's say the total tax amount for the portion of the lease is $4400 on a 3 year lease so $4400 / 36 = $122 per month added to the lease.

This dealership wants to collect the full $4400 up front?

The question is:

Does the dealer collect the ENTIRE FULL TAX amount for the lease term up front? For example, let's say the total tax amount for the portion of the lease is $4400 on a 3 year lease so $4400 / 36 = $122 per month added to the lease.

You are registering the car in California, correct? If yes then it is based on the Cali laws. The tax is not collected upfront. Some other states do that but that wouldn’t apply for you because the car is registered in Cali. Who knows what these people are doing.

The question is:

Call your local DMV & explain the transaction

Just picked up my new NSX. Still some great lease deals to be found. $166MSRP for $122,819. With a discount plus $30K incentive. Thanks everyone for the helpful information from this forum.
23795053_10155137541248527_7143762675087847444_n.jpg23722208_10155137541163527_8127482361771034317_n.jpg

Congratulations, job well done. Love the 130R White, Enjoy!!! :cool: ..JM2C..I could be wrong...

Last edited:
I'm in CA, so I got this one at Hopkins Acura in Fairfield. If you're in the bay area, I know there are two more NSX's at Acura Fremont.

Sick! I didn’t realize Hopkins had another car. Did they just get that one in?

Fremont sold one and only has 1 left now.

Is yours an exposure vehicle or brand new with no miles? I think you have the cheapest NSX so far from what I've read. :)

He is definitely one of the cheapest due to the low msrp to start with.

Karen Radley Acura in Virginia has a $164k 130r with black interior that they got 2 or 3 days ago for $121k. If you want the guys contact info let me know.

Howdy All,

Congrats on all for all the great lease deals, now how do I get one?

Sam

A lot of dealers are looking to move cars before the end of the month with the end of the down payment assistance.

The main thing is...

Get the full $30k down payment assistance

Pick your ideal term

36/10k 54% residual
36/7500 55%
36/5k 56%

Money factor .0018

The rest is on you to negotiate. Try to get A good discount off the msrp in addition to the $30k

A lot of dealers are looking to move cars before the end of the month with the end of the down payment assistance.

The main thing is...

Get the full $30k down payment assistance

Pick your ideal term

36/10k 54% residual
36/7500 55%
36/5k 56%

Money factor .0018

The rest is on you to negotiate. Try to get A good discount off the msrp in addition to the $30k

Thanks for the great info! According to my local dealer, the $30k down payment assistance is taxable. It isn't just deducted from the selling price. For example, if the agreed selling price of a $200k car is $190k, you pay $190K + TTL, then the $30k is added toward your downpayment of this total amount. I'm not sure how this works on a lease deal, as I didn't ask him about it. Do you happen to know if the $30k is deducted directly as a cap cost reduction? If so, then that would be awesome.

Thanks for the great info! According to my local dealer, the $30k down payment assistance is taxable. It isn't just deducted from the selling price. For example, if the agreed selling price of a $200k car is $190k, you pay $190K + TTL, then the $30k is added toward your downpayment of this total amount. I'm not sure how this works on a lease deal, as I didn't ask him about it. Do you happen to know if the $30k is deducted directly as a cap cost reduction? If so, then that would be awesome.

It is a cap cost reduction. The $30 is taxable.

Back