• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BoostZilla Dyno Graphs

Can someone please paste together the stock dyno graph and the boostzilla dyno graph together? I think it would be good for the community if we got to see where the kit starts making power. TIA!

I didn't see it........I don't think it was there

FactorX was there....but no 3.2 kit, unless I want to convert my car to OBD1 :mad: :mad: :mad:

Gerry Johnson turbo….I asked him if he has anything for a 3.2. He said he had one that he is currently working on now. I said, the problem is I’m on the East coast, and can’t get my car to your shop. He said (literally), “Yeah! That is a problem, hey guys let’s get some lunch” and with that he walked away. So much for my magic solution from the “god of all things turbo”

It seems like all of us with the current NSX 3.2 engine, that leaves:

Comptech: Awesome clean install, horrible targa storage, questionable power, very good reliability

Basch Boost: OK install, awesome targa storage, nice high end power, good only knows if my engine will last reliability

GruppeM: Oh my god what happened to my clean engine install, oh my god where do I put my targa, oh my god the car pulls like a raped ape throughout the whole rev range, only kit co-developed with Honda's knowledge in Japan (very reliable)

PS: I’m not shooting flames at Gerry, he seemed like a really great guy, and he did answer some of my questions (until I told him I have a 3.2) I just thought he, of all people was going to be my solution to my FI decision.

I think it's simpler than that. If you can't afford to ship your car accross the states, how can you afford such a lavish kit? These guys don't care about your problems. I've seen this "OBDII Rant Dance" too many times to care either. Yes, we understand. Yes, it sucks. But some of us have waited 13 FREAKIN YEARS for what you see. These gentlemen you are griping about are tuners, not servants. They owe you nothing. I for one am happy anyone has bothered to push the envelope so far for us NSX owners. It's not like we are a lucritive majority with vehicles to spare.

I'm sorry if I seem cold, but you have the solution right in front of you. Arrange for your car to be shipped to Gerry. Pay the man $$$. Ship car back home after lengthly stay in CA your wife would be envious of. Enjoy bullet-proof low # ET's.

Am I alone on this?:confused:

NSXPO

I do not think Boostzilla attended this year, was hoping to see the car first hand.:(

Juice said:
...I'm sorry if I seem cold, but you have the solution right in front of you. Arrange for your car to be shipped to Gerry. Pay the man $$$. Ship car back home after lengthly stay in CA your wife would be envious of. ...

You and many others may be jumping the gun a bit. Given the nature of the Tec3 Gerry uses he is in a good position to come up with an OBDII compatible system, but from what I've heard he is already backup up with more cars than he can handle and is only messing with the OBDII thing because it seems like someone needs to. Pretty much the same reason he started building turbo systems for people in the first place. I don't think he ever intended to make this his full-time+ occupation and he may be growing tired of people pushing for this and that. I certainly don't mean to speak for him, but I think people would do well to chill a bit and let the man work.

Look.....I started this response with all the usual quotes from your post and my answers to them. Then I turned around and said, "why am I wasting my time, this man (or woman) is going to just respond to me with something more witty". I'm sick of these one-up posting games.

If you mis-understood me, well...I guess I'm sorry. But, anyway, I think I have good reason to be upset (even if just a little). When I went to NSXPO, one of the big things I was looking for is someone who had a "working" turbo "kit" for a 3.2, I guess I didn't find one.....that's it, period. I do all my own work on my own car and I don’t want to send it to anyone especially across the country. I thought somebody would have something in "kit" form that I could install, and tune with the help of Larry B (who is local to me) and a dyno.

The other reason I am a little upset is that I just bought my car, I could have saved 15k if I bought an earlier one. I could have taken the saved money and bought whatever FI. kit I wanted. It's just I desired the 6spd, bigger brakes, more rigid chassis, P/S, nicer wheels, and generally newer car. I guess my big mistake is not realizing the fuel systems were so different. I knew the engine had a larger displacement, however I never took the time to see what was and wasn't available.

Regardless, I just got an Email from another manufacturer today that said their kit is done and it is available for my car, and it has twin turbos. So if everything checks out I will be going that route. I won't be until early next year so I have plenty time to check out their fuel management solution first.

No Boostzilla

Mark Johnson is having trouble getting the plumbing fabricated the way he wants. He needs a 3" pipe that carries the boosted air from from the blower and make a 180 degree turn into the throttle body. Due to the tight tolerances, his previous suppliers have not been able to consistently reproduce the pipe bends without inducing structural weakness. So now he is looking overseas. This is how he explained it to me.

jadkar said:
...Regardless, I just got an Email from another manufacturer today that said their kit is done and it is available for my car, and it has twin turbos. So if everything checks out I will be going that route. I won't be until early next year so I have plenty time to check out their fuel management solution first.

Seems safe to assume that you are speaking of Cartech. I too am eager to hear what they will do for fuel management, as well as timing control.

Juice said:
These gentlemen you are griping about are tuners, not servants. They owe you nothing. I for one am happy anyone has bothered to push the envelope so far for us NSX owners. It's not like we are a lucritive majority with vehicles to spare.

I'm sorry if I seem cold, but you have the solution right in front of you. Arrange for your car to be shipped to Gerry. Pay the man $$$. Ship car back home after lengthly stay in CA your wife would be envious of. Enjoy bullet-proof low # ET's.

Am I alone on this?:confused:
No, you're not alone. Some are just frustrated and blowing off a little steam like Jadkar. Some, on the other hand, just can't figure out why a company can't give them a 500hp bolt on kit for their non-internally modded 70K mile engine, at a price of $4K. Those are the ones that I have to laugh at.

jadkar, As to Gerry's comments to you about shipping the car out being a problem, what exactly did you expect him to say? He has cars lined up till spring already, which are coming to him. Let's face facts; you, me, or most anyone else would be dreaming to get him (or FX for that matter) to drop their business resposibilities to fly accross the country to do an install without access to their machining resources, shop resources and additonal labor help. You don't have to like the current turbo install/system operating enviorment, but you have to respect both FX and Gerry for telling it how it is. I'd much rather have reality now instead of "yes" now, only to result in failure and dissapointment later.

Originally posted by jadkarI think I have good reason to be upset ... When I went to NSXPO, one of the big things I was looking for is someone who had a "working" turbo "kit" for a 3.2, I guess I didn't find one...
Someone promise you a kit before you left? Upset I can understand, but only if it's at yourself because you yourself created an expectation that was not met (assuming nobody made some wild promise).

The other reason I am a little upset is that I just bought my car, I could have saved 15k if I bought an earlier one.
Yea, I here ya. But, there's no logic in taking out on any of the turbo guys.

Not trying to onen-up you at all here, really. I just think that expectations (for all) need to be established so these guys can get on with their work instead of fielding stupid phone calls from people asking if they have a $4k bolt on kit (whatever the wish).

I really hope that the Cartech option pans out. I'm interested to hear more about it. You going to ante up for it?

sjs said:
Seems safe to assume that you are speaking of Cartech. I too am eager to hear what they will do for fuel management, as well as timing control.

They are using the Rebic with extra injectors for OBDII cars, and the AEM for OBDI cars.

Damn....just got back from the my garage, trying to fix my damn sway bar/Type R bar problem (there is a published book on the problem in the "technical" forum)

Anyway guys, I wasn't trying to pick on anyone, actually I think I got picked on for venting :)

Yes, I am talking about Cartech. Am I gonna buy it?..... I have to wait until Spring anyway, so that just gives me more time to check out the specs. I know nothing about the Rebic system, so I have plenty of time to read up (or listen to what you guys have to say about it). Hopefully I can get more info, I am very interested to see some facts and pics from Tim Shinn's car.

I think it's safe to assume (for now) that for us 3.2 people this could be a great option.

Any comments??

I talked to Jerry he was a real nice guy. Verry laid back.
His car was a real beast. The detail of his install was awsome.
He told me he he couldnt get my can in until Febuary 05. It Looks like its going to be a long year, but worth the wait.

If you want it that bad you can back date your car to OBDI.

Last edited:
Back to the subject, what hapened to Boostzilla? I thought this thing was suposed to "blow [our] minds"! Kind of forboding that the thing never even showed.

ncdogdoc said:
They are using the Rebic with extra injectors for OBDII cars, and the AEM for OBDI cars.

I’ve got a Rebic IV sitting on the shelf, which is where it will stay. The auxiliary injector approach can work OK for a relatively low boost engine where the acceptable margin of error in A/F is still reasonable wide. Given a controller with more fuel map points than the two or three that the Rebic has (if you can even call that a map) it might even be OK for somewhat more aggressive boost. But even then you are spraying fuel from in front of the throttle bossy and hoping it gets where it belongs and evenly distributed. Not exactly ideal, but I’m not saying it won’t work. Just don’t try running 18psi and get 10/10ths from the A/F.

Anyone know what they’re doing about ignition timing?

Damn, I was affraid that's what was meant by "extra injectors" That really stinks, I wonder if I ask for larger injectors if the Rebic can handle that. I would rather go that way instead of seventh injector. Does the Rebic handle timing? or is that still left to the OEM controller.....................................actually I have a lot of questions about this setup, I will create a new thread.

Gerry Johnson turbo….I asked him if he has anything for a 3.2. He said he had one that he is currently working on now. I said, the problem is I’m on the East coast, and can’t get my car to your shop. He said (literally), “Yeah! That is a problem, hey guys let’s get some lunch” and with that he walked away. So much for my magic solution from the “god of all things turbo”

Hello jadkar, I am sorry if I offended you in anyway, that was not my intensions. I didn't mean to walk away from you and didn't realize that I had, I also had three other people that had been in contact with me for the last few months wanting to go to lunch and talk about the Turbo, you were more than welcome to join us, sorry that I didn't ask. I am working on an OBD2 car and will hopefully be finished in the next few weeks and at that piont I will know for sure if it will be as simple to do as the OBD1 cars.

Re: Back to the Original Question...

NoClgDeg said:
Can someone please cut and paste a stock NSX dyno graph with a Boostzilla Dyno graph so we can all see when and where the kit makes it power.

Thank you.

The Dyno looks almost the same as the BBSC. You won't find one posted anywhere.. .but it once was on boostzilla.com.

Re: Re: Back to the Original Question...

NetViper said:
The Dyno looks almost the same as the BBSC. You won't find one posted anywhere.. .but it once was on boostzilla.com.

I thought it was possible to cut and paste the two graphs and have them overlap each other. Am I wrong?

You can do that.. if you have both graphs and chart it yourself in photoshop or something like it...

I am telling you.. the power is the same.. they both use the same style of supercharger that makes power @ high RPM.

This thread has some graphs to look at.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/show...&perpage=50&highlight=boostzilla&pagenumber=1

The thing you have to realize is that these graphs compare different cars that were tested on different days, with different air conditions, on different dynos. The cars were in unknown states of tune, with unknown mods. A wild guess on my part is that the margin of error might be about plus or minus 8%, or about a 65HP range at peak. When you try to consider all the unknowns, I think you can only say that they are roughly equal.

I'm not sure how you arrive at 800RWHP, but I'm pretty sure that in real numbers 8% of 400 is 32. Double that, and you have a range from 368 to 432.

Back