• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bose amp replacement - RSVP

Has anyone used M & R ELECTRONICS to replace a speaker/amp going bad? They cost $70 at M & R ELECTRONICS and that seems like a bargan. yes/no.

Also how much $ is it to rip out the entire system and replace it with an Alpine system, (I hear it uses exsisting NSX wiring.)

Thanks in advance,

Skyguy

image_01.gif

My daily driver

skyguy said:
Also how much $ is it to rip out the entire system and replace it with an Alpine system, (I hear it uses exsisting NSX wiring.)
You can't just make a blanket statement like "replace it with an Alpine system" - there are a huge number of combinations of head units, amps and speakers that you could use.
Speakers alone range in value from $70 to $3500 with a big range of options in between.
Subwoofer?/No subwoofer?

There is no after-market system that uses the existing NSX wiring - it is possible to modify the existing wiring with adapters for the head unit, but you'll still need to add RCA cables & power cables & speaker cables to/from the amp (even if you splice speaker cables into the original pre-out wires to the doors).

What you might do to help qualify your requirements is identify what features you are looking for in a head unit (in dash CD; MP3; cassette; EQ etc) & some general budget for the whole job & maybe some recommendations could be suggested to fit your scope.

If you check in the stereo forum, you can probably get some good suggestions from what others have done.

I had mine repaired last week at World of Sound in Lake Park, Fl (north Palm Beach). The price with tax was $101.00. Very good customer service and next day turn around. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to fix their amps. The number is (561) 691-4434. Ask for Peter.

Back