• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bottoming Out!

AAARG! :eek: I had my first major bottom out today. I seem to get in trouble when backing up? :frown: I took a good look and dont seem to see any thing. I will have to get it on a hoist so I understand where I hit the bottom. I guess I will have to pay better attention :rolleyes:

I was in a parking spot behind a commercial building that had a bit of a downhill slope from the alley. I pulled in nose first (with no problem) and when I backed-up to to leave I got high centered. The noise was most unbearable!

Anyways, the good news is I got it on a hoist today and we could not find a scratch anywhere? Go figure! I think as a new NSX owner I may be a little sensitive to any bumps or scratches to the car :rolleyes:

Shittake Mushrooms!!!

I'm sorry dude. Yeah, with 4.5 inches of clearance, even some speed bumps are dangerous to approach head on.

Hey btw - are you from Vancouver? I might be moving there soon. Would be cool to meet up. :cool:

theSAGE

There is this metal clip just behind the front lip... maybe this is what was scraping? sometimes my NSX-R chassis bar scrapes too since I have the spacers on... no biggie tho I'm not that anal about it... there really isn't anything important that you can damage unless you run it up on a curb or something... I'm sure it will be fine. :)

say it with me: drive up and down hills at steep angles.. :)

damn...i had a dream i bottomed out hardcore last night. in my dream i managed to hit the front right of the car so hard that it bent the front fender up...dont know how that happened but im glad i dreaming.:eek:

Back