• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bought a 350Z, still dreamin' bout the NSX!

Hey everyone,

I recently bought an 06 350Z, mostly because its a newer car than the NSX and because it is a car I really like. But oh my I am still dreaming bout an NSX !

So I am now actively searching for an NSX, hopefully I can trade my 350Z (11 000 miles ).

Hey everyone,

I recently bought an 06 350Z, mostly because its a newer car than the NSX and because it is a car I really like. But oh my I am still dreaming bout an NSX !

So I am now actively searching for an NSX, hopefully I can trade my 350Z (11 000 miles ).

I sold my 2003 Performance 350Z for my '91 NSX 3 years ago. I can't say that I miss the Z...although it was a great car.

Last edited:
I truely enjoyed my 03 track model for 2 years, and now my best friend owns it. Both cars are enjoyable but just in different ways. :smile:

Did you guys have trouble... I mean switching from a newer car to an older one ?

I have an 06 350Z with only 10 000miles on it. My budget would allow me to get a 90 to 95 NSX probably!

Just want to get your opinions since you have had bith cars... thank you !:smile:

well i havent owned either car, but i would assume the Z is easier to live with because of the more room it offers.

The nsx outperforms it in every way though i would think. A few of my friends have 350z's and they love them.

i would have never traded a NSX for a 350z.

Both are great cars.

1M-Workz350Z-me.jpg

FX750LagunaSeca.jpg

Did you guys have trouble... I mean switching from a newer car to an older one ?

I have an 06 350Z with only 10 000miles on it. My budget would allow me to get a 90 to 95 NSX probably!

Just want to get your opinions since you have had bith cars... thank you !:smile:

Well, it's not like the 350Z has a ton of technology that really blows away the NSX...I guess I do miss the TPS, but that's about it. The 350Z doesn't have much more room than the NSX, so that's not a big deal. The NSX is built better than the Z, so you never really feel like you're driving an older car (At least I don't)....just so long as you upgrade your leather and stereo.

The NSX is a hand/purpose built sports car. The Z is a mass produced shared platform sports car. They did a great job with it, but there are aspects where you can tell the engineers did the best they could with what they had to work with (The Z).

The Z was quicker through the gears than my NSX due to the fact of the taller gearing the NSX has but I pulled away considerably on the interstae from a 80mph 3rd gear roll. The Z does have a 167 top speed which is fairly comparable to the acura. Both cars have their problems. Early Z's were plagued with tranny probs but warranty covered most. My Z was very dependable and yes I had a huge issue paying close to 30 grand for a 16 year old car in the beginning, but as time went/goes on, the rewards of compliments, and openning the garage every day and seeing it set there waiting for me has more than erased that issue.:smile:

BTW I can't tell you how many Z owners have slowed down to take a look at the NSX while driving down the road. Thats gotta count for something.:biggrin:

My '03 Silverstone Performance was alot of fun. Nismo skirts, front lip and Stillen rear wing, Nismo LMGT4, etc. Looked sharped and drove well.

As others have said, there's not alot of difference in interior room between the two. In fact, the NSX's trunk is more user friendly since you don't have to contend with the rear strut brace the Z has.

I have a '93 NSX, so I miss the 6 speed of the Z. My Z ate tires and needed alignments frequently. And in my opinon there is a definite build quality difference between the two with the winner being the NSX.

Z had plenty of squeaks for a new car whereas my NSX is amazingly quiet for a 15 year old car.

I enjoyed the Z, and am now enjoying the X even more.

Take the plunge, it's worth it.

No need to dream when you can afford it. I'm on my second NSX, and like many returning owners who found out later that there's really no substitute for the real thing. Surfing this site will only make it worse.

...... The Z does have a 167 top speed which is fairly comparable to the acura......

:confused: you got to be kidding right? ... sorry 150MPH i believe ... but 167MPH? ,,, hummmm to get there you'll need some good $$$ .. even the Nismo Z it's rated 155 .... + by the time you get to 150 the NSX could have more speed .. ..

OScar

Thanks guys for all your comments and opinions, they are much appreciated. I know in my heart that I will be getting an NSX, probably within the next year, as I will be patient in my search, no rush I already have a nice car!

Cheers :smile:

Yes you do. Enjoy and get out and DRIVE!

Thanks guys for all your comments and opinions, they are much appreciated. I know in my heart that I will be getting an NSX, probably within the next year, as I will be patient in my search, no rush I already have a nice car!

Cheers :smile:

I was on the same boat as you . Keep viewing this forum, and before you know it, you'll spend the extra $$ to own one. I assure you, there no looking back. It's a totally different car, and class.

I just bought a 07 350 z but you know hands down the nsx is better in so many ways. im not totally in love w/it like I was the X but it is a fast and newer car. The plan is to drive the 350 while I save up for another NSX. So if a car came in a close second ( in my budget anyways) its the Z but there will be another NSX in my future. My advice, if your single and can afford an NSX, do not hesitate, just pick the right one and go for it!

yup a 17 year old acura nsx does not drive or feel like a 17 year old car period. amazingly solid car with a interior that was well ahead of its time. it has digital climate control, awesome seats, almost not squeeks or rattles. This car is built solid.

I like the Z and the new 370Z i think coming in 2010 or 2009 as a 2010 model will be even nicer.

However I do know a stock 91NSX will outrun a stock Z on the highway......:biggrin:

Well I guess I have two options :

Search for an NSX at a dealer and trade in my Z plus cash

or ...

Pay off the Z within the next 2 years and then buy an NSX! :rolleyes:

Now I wonder if I could sell my gf on that one, I told her I would start putting cash away for a house lol.

I guess it will probably be option 1!

Hey buy the way I love this forum, you guys are really cool!

:confused: you got to be kidding right? ... sorry 150MPH i believe ... but 167MPH? ,,, hummmm to get there you'll need some good $$$ .. even the Nismo Z it's rated 155 .... + by the time you get to 150 the NSX could have more speed .. ..

OScar
Sorry:redface: type-o, my speedo showed 157 in the Z. I gots clumsy fingers.

I also have a 350z and need to sell in order to pick up a 02+ NSX. I thought I had a buyer this week for my Z, and was about to book a couple of flights to inspect some prospective cars. However, the sale fell through. :( Just need to find the right buyer for my Z since highly modified.
Thats sucks. You can still make the breakfast meet though.:smile:

Yeah lol, 91-95, hehehe, I knew that!

Back