• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bringing back an NSX to life

Great project and a nice writeup. If it was me, I'd leave the roof black.

BTW: looks like your front tire's are mounted the wrong way:tongue:
I know I posted about it right under the pic I posted.It was a mistake by Discount Tire not me.I just have to take that front passenger wheel back when the car is on the road. :smile:

Hmmm im wondering if you guys are saying keep the whole top half of the NSX in black like the older model cars OR keep it with white sides and leave the middle of the top black only?

I have that done on my IS300 to go with the rear window and wheels...
2dp455.jpg

2dax7v4.jpg

Got my newest NSX mod in the mail just yesterday.Its just a piece of paper but its probably the best mod out there.Its my car title! Nothing better than a paid off NSX over one with money still owed on it.Glad to see a TX title now over the Florida one it came with,no offense guys. :biggrin:

I vote for whole top black.

Fenders,doors,quarter panels and trunk lid are back on and getting prepped for paint.

The antenna is shaved already.I think im gonna get rid of the holes were the front blinkers go too and just leave the fender ones.

x1d65g.jpg

24p07qg.jpg

dc4ef9.jpg

flybra.jpg

256xlyf.jpg

dcu428.jpg

72dcu9.jpg

Today I finally opened the hatch with the new science of speed struts and I have to say im pretty satisfied with them.The heavy glass hatch opened right up and stayed up with ease.

Im super eager to see the whole car all painted up.The suspense is killing me. :frown:

Got my newest NSX mod in the mail just yesterday.Its just a piece of paper but its probably the best mod out there.Its my car title! Nothing better than a paid off NSX over one with money still owed on it.Glad to see a TX title now over the Florida one it came with,no offense guys. :biggrin:

Gratz man :smile:

The carbon hood had small scratches that showed up pass the primer so had to go back and puddy them in.After that is a small layer of filler.Sideskirts will go on later since they will be painted separate from the body.

Main%2019851.jpg

Main%2019853.jpg

Main%2019854.jpg

SO FREAKING CLOSE!!!11

Last edited:
I figured you'd fill the front fender lamp holes.:confused:
I was thinking about it then changed my mind.Im gonna leave them on there since I dont even wanna keep those fenders forever.I want the closed version wide front fenders with the jdm sidemarker.This will just be my "beginner" version of the car.

How did you manage to blow the original engine? Or what happened to the original motor? :confused:

How did you manage to blow the original engine? Or what happened to the original motor? :confused:
I didnt get a chance to do anything to it,the car didnt come with an engine to begin with.The body now has 108k on it but the motor will be 60k with all new gaskets,belts,etc. :smile:

Get that bad boy done and come to Dallas well or FortWorth....I live in the middle and I will buy you dinner.......About time Texas puts together some nice NSX's.....ok I new there were a few..........I will bring my widebody too.....just got my custom seat mounts/rails for my black leather Recaro Sporster CS seats in.......Sweeet!!:biggrin:

Get that bad boy done and come to Dallas well or FortWorth....I live in the middle and I will buy you dinner.......About time Texas puts together some nice NSX's.....ok I new there were a few..........I will bring my widebody too.....just got my custom seat mounts/rails for my black leather Recaro Sporster CS seats in.......Sweeet!!:biggrin:
Sounds good Brent let me just get it up to par.You need to post pics of yours though! I wanna see those tail lights on. :smile:

May.2,2009

Cellphone pic update:
33lfgnr.jpg

2bbmev.jpg

Real pics sometime next week after the side skirts are on and car is wetsanded,buffed,etc.

That is not his. Than NSX belongs to Curtis Boodoo who owns Asian Imports, a shop in Maryland near Wash DC. He works on my car. I was there when that video was taken and took another one at the same time. I think he is CB169 on Prime.

BTW the car looks great. I cant wait to see the finished product.

All the best!

Nate

May.4,2009

Took some pics of the car today.Its still taped up on some sections since its not done yet.There is still black accents that need to be added like on the hood and rear valance.

I wanna see it with the side skirts on already!!! Thats whats gonna set it off. :(

Main%2019856.jpg

Main%2019857.jpg

Main%2019859.jpg

Main%2019860.jpg

More updates as they come in.

-Alex

Started to jack up the whole car.The motor can almost slide under...almost. :frown:

verm06.jpg

Were doing this at my house garage with average joe tools.Dont mind the mess I was in the middle of cleaning up.Will post more pics tomorrow or so.

-Alex

All these pics happened yesterday.
sffrec.jpg

mt3u2v.jpg

sne1ky.jpg

Sitting way lower now. :biggrin:
332pekj.jpg

More updates coming later.I think today might be rest day after yesterdays hardcoreness! lol.

thatta boy!

Definitely much closer to being ALIVE again!!

Back