• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C6 Z06 vs NSX-R Tsuichya's impression in Bestmotoring September 2006

http://www.bestmotoring.jp/BM/200609/

While the NSX-R did not race the C6Z06 at the track. Drift king did drove both cars back to back for comparison, his comments were:

He is all about fun in the corner, not about straight or power. He likes total package and cornering. NSX-R is still his choice for the world class sports car.

The NSX-R did seems equally as fast at the side by side comparison, but Tsuichiya seems a bit nervous with the Z6 Z06 at the corners, the C6 Z06 might not have shown full potential due to the lack of driving experience Tsuichiya has with the Z6 Z06.

The C6 Z06 came in second beating Italian and German super cars, but lost to a family hauler.

C6Z06 did 11.8 1/4mile
997 Carrera S did 12.7 1/4 mile
I forgot the rest.

Last edited:
How long does it usually take for bestmotoring to get these DVDs to NAmerica?
I want a copy of this one!

Although I haven't got a chance to read or see the link (work filters out .jp and other countries) your explanation reminds me of somethings I said about the nsx in another forum:

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1972011&postcount=156

there's the link... here's the post:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok.. so i was referred to this post via someone who knew I drive mine regularly.

Not only do I drive it regularly I also have close to around 10k track miles on the car and instruct regularly.

This is a debate i hear all the time. I've driven everywhere and have even heard people screaming "slow!" in the background while I drive around town.. sure.. they're right.. But I'm no longer all about straight line speed..

I used to have a H22 civic that hit 13.0, (should've been high 12) all motor in a EG (red 4-door for those of you who are old school.. when i mean old school i mean about 98 era..) And comparing it to my nsx... yeah... the nsx is slower.. however.. my civic couldn't turn nearly as agile as my nsx... ok.. so in this instance, if we were comparing 'driving' a car... then we can eliminate my hybrid. But it's all about what you're into... if straight line is all you then go hybrid, viper... whatever extremely high horsepower car appeals to you....

hell, back in 98 even I used to joke on nsx's saying they were too expensive and for umpteen THOUSAND less i have a faster car and maybe even generate better numbers overall.. eh.. it's true.. but when I looked at it.. it was still a civic.. but like i said.. it's all about what you're into..

Now for those of you who have never driven on a track you surprise me to say you know which car is better or even remotely understand considering your lack of knowledge. However, you all make some good points. Especially when it comes dollar for dollar, hp vs. hp... But please.. at least take a side that you're well knowledged in...

However there is a difference when you 'drive' the car. The C5, and C6 can really generate some numbers... and honestly, for the power and cost.. you really can't beat it.. it's just amazing what they're doing to the market as far as the horsepower wars. You have to give them credit... they've made a great car at an exceptional cost. However, when I drove one... it just wasn't 'me'... I felt out of touch with the car and it was just not really well balanced for my style of driving. However, for Brian, it may work well for him and his driving style. The nsx was designed as a sports car and yes it's a lacking on the power side... but.. it was designed for the driver.. from beginner to advanced.. And yes the design as far as power is outdated (in 1990 200+ was like.. whoa).. But at least give it the credit that it held its own for a long time...

I love reading these posts that compare the nsx to x... you get the entire spectrum of car enthusiasts.

If I were to complain about my car it would solely be about the power. VIR Full course... I just can't compete against the Vipers or the Corvettes.... when it comes to the straights... a usual routine for me is to watch a vette go away and then beat them up in the turns.... then repeat.. unless of course the driver is better than me.. then I just can't compete.

I have driven a c5, c6 and even a 500 hp evo on the track.. and many other cars for a good comparison... and for me.. the nsx is still my choice considering it's reliability and lower maintenance costs.

I was hoping to squash this thread b/c my point overall is that to say a car is better is to say that everyone should like 'x' better because of... it all depends on what you're into... earlier I was reading a thread with someone trying to decide on an element or an xB. wtf? IMO i'd say neither b/c to me, they're both ugly.. but.. then again.. that's just me.

What really makes me wonder is why is it that the nsx always gets the beat up in forums when it gets compared.... must be b/c there are both extreme lovers and haters of the car.

That's just my .02... probably not even worth that..considering this is just another useless discussion..

however, when i heard this thread was up my curiousity got the better of me and I had to visit.. this is probably my first time on this forum in around 4 months or so..

cheers,
x

I don't doubt the NSX-R is faster in the corners. I doubt many cars can even come close, but on a straight it will get DESTROYED by the Z06.

We have already seen in their other videos that the R can basically keep up with anything on a tight track without long straights.

We also have to remember that the Z06 is not nearly as stipped down as a NSX-R. The Z06 can still make a decent daily driver, the NSX-R would be awful.

I dont mean to hijack the thread, but does anyone remember a a 1.5 hour video, maybe shorter, on all the Type Rs? I think it was a BMI video, and someone posted it here to an external site...sorry for asking but I've looked and I cant find it and ebing this is BMI related, maybe someone knew.

I have to say that the C6 Z06 is growing on me. Saw one at the Korean market the other day. Pretty nice. It looks pretty mean at night also with the HID's or Xenons.

Car looks best stock. For some reason I didn't like it with the aftermarket rims with a huge lip on the C6. The stock rims are nice enough in gunmetal.

Anyone got pictures of some nice modded ones?

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
I dont mean to hijack the thread, but does anyone remember a a 1.5 hour video, maybe shorter, on all the Type Rs? I think it was a BMI video, and someone posted it here to an external site...sorry for asking but I've looked and I cant find it and ebing this is BMI related, maybe someone knew.

You can get this video at http://www.mininova.org/ i believe just search for best motoring, and i think its one of those... you need a bittorent client thought, I would suggest bitcomet.

I think its kinda unfair. BMI is always been bias and Tsyuicha has had waaaay more time behind an NSX than any other foreign (in japan) car. Driving the NSX is like putting on a pair of well-broken in sneakers you've worn for the past 2 years vs. brand new ones.
Heck, I was nervous as hell when I first got my NSX...it was my first mid-engined car, and had a different feel than my S2000 and Rx-7.

OK, I just finished watching the 9/2006 Best Motoring. I was very interested in seeing how the C6 Z06 would do in the BM environment.

The primary subject of the comparison was actually the Subaru Impreza WRX STi S204, which is a limited edition of the car tweaked extensively for performance. After quoting some very confident and almost arrogant words from the Subaru guy (I don't remember his name), they decided to pit it against difficult competition: C6 Z06, Gallardo, 911, and in the Tsukuba race, the Murcielago.

I'm not going to summarize the entire test here, but here's the overall impression of the Z06: First, the engine is extremely good. Tsuchiya and Kinoshita had universal praise for it, saying it pulled all the way from the bottom to redline with huge torque. They were impressed how far you could go with OHV heads. The car pretty much dominated the straight line tests, and that was with very careful and deliberate shifting by Kinoshita.

In the case of the chassis however, it was a slightly different story. On the oval, Kinoshita lamented the stability of the car on bumps. He talked about how the car would wander and be upset by the bumps at high speeds, and he wished for more downforce to help with this. In the smooth areas off the banking, the car seemed to be quite good. The overall star of high speed handling seemed to be the 911, which could soak up bumps without deviating from its line.

Then the testing moved on to Tsukuba, and Tsuchiya took it out for a few laps and illustrated how the Corvette's chassis responded compared to the NSX-R. The Corvette was tricky and the word Tsuchiya repeated most often was "scary". It appeared to be a result of a difficult to modulate throttle, probably because of how much torque there is available. The chassis also seems to let go suddenly at the limit, then snaps back into line, making it difficult to drive very smoothly. The NSX-R is more forgiving, and looks almost boring as it goes through the turns. However, there's no doubt the Z06 is extremely fast, and it held its own against all the cars there in speed, although it lacks refinement in handling. I'm also sure that some of the Z06's character is due to deliberate design decisions by the engineers and test drivers.

I have read a few articles that talk about the Z06 being hard to handle at the limit.

However, the Stig sure didn't have any problems with it. It beat the NSX-R on their test track by a huge margin. Of course the NSX-R track was soaked, but even taking 4 seconds off for a wet track doesn't put it near the time the Z06 turned it.

The Z06 would OWN any nsx hands down. It's like having GM test drive the NSX-R and the Z06, what do you think they would say is better? The nsx is good but the Z06 will hand it it's ass. Also who here has a NSX-R? That's what I though so who cares.

After watching the Video, the Z06 sure does look like a handful on the track. The NSX-R holds the line much better, but it is hard to tell how fast each car is going through the corner.

Back