• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C7 new vette any body interest to buy?

You can still push the body panels in/out with your finger. Ridiculous. They are car panels, not pudding cups.

Body 'panels'? If you are talking about the NSX- yes that's true. The thin aluminum panels on my 05' could ALL be flexed in and out with the push of a finger rather easily.

It's for weight savings.

As for the vette - the only body 'panel' you can push in is the rear bumper.

Again - weight savings.

Interesting you find that a particular problem with the vette, but not the NSX. :confused:

Can't wait till the HiPo versions of the C7 start materializing. FI versions of the new LT series engines will be monsters.

For me the only disappointing thing for the vette is the performance is pretty much exactly the same as the c6. It's still plenty fast though, but trading a z06 for one would be a big drop in performance - especially in the 1/4 mile.

Body 'panels'? If you are talking about the NSX- yes that's true. The thin aluminum panels on my 05' could ALL be flexed in and out with the push of a finger rather easily.

It's for weight savings.

As for the vette - the only body 'panel' you can push in is the rear bumper.

Again - weight savings.

Interesting you find that a particular problem with the vette, but not the NSX. :confused:

Can't wait till the HiPo versions of the C7 start materializing. FI versions of the new LT series engines will be monsters.

Because I don't find this particular problem on the NSX. There is some slight bend on the lower fairings, but not in the middle of a body panel. And certainly no squeaking like this:

http://youtu.be/8ID3uTQWLdA

Granted the C7 is a great improvement from the C6 and C5, but it's still there. Just something I was shocked to discover on a C5, and amused to still find on the newest iteration (although it is much improved). And no, it is not a big deal. I never said it was. Also, before you go finding some weak spot on the NSX, I will admit I haven't been over every inch looking for bend. I just haven't noticed any off the bat personally.

You can say whatever you want about about weight savings. They have marketed all of the vette's negatives in the past as advantages (leaf springs, balsa wood construction, etc.) but it's really just about saving money.

I'm not knocking the vette for anything else. It's still arguably the best sports car bargain out there. It's not for me personally, but I give them all the respect they deserve (performance, bargain, history, etc.). However, build quality is not one of them. They are improving, and will get there some day. Just not there yet.

I can't find the documentary, but they showed an inside look at how they glued the roof onto the ZRI: the worker looked completely uninterested in perfection, and just eyeballed the fit/finish and said "close enough." Seriously, on tape. It's quite different from the work/perfection ethic in the NSX factories.

Then when you heard about the roofs flying off of vettes early on in production, it all made sense.

Again, the vette is a great performance car. I am not denigrating anything else about it. Don't take it so personally. Nice vette.

Last edited:
Because I don't find this particular problem on the NSX. There is some slight bend on the lower fairings, but not in the middle of a body panel. And certainly no squeaking like this:

http://youtu.be/8ID3uTQWLdA

Granted the C7 is a great improvement from the C6 and C5, but it's still there. Just something I was shocked to discover on a C5, and amused to still find on the newest iteration (although it is much improved). And no, it is not a big deal. I never said it was. Also, before you go finding some weak spot on the NSX, I will admit I haven't been over every inch looking for bend. I just haven't noticed any off the bat personally.

You can say whatever you want about about weight savings. They have marketed all of the vette's negatives in the past as advantages (leaf springs, balsa wood construction, etc.) but it's really just about saving money.

I'm not knocking the vette for anything else. It's still arguably the best sports car bargain out there. It's not for me personally, but I give them all the respect they deserve (performance, bargain, history, etc.). However, build quality is not one of them. They are improving, and will get there some day. Just not there yet.

I can't find the documentary, but they showed an inside look at how they glued the roof onto the ZRI: the worker looked completely uninterested in perfection, and just eyeballed the fit/finish and said "close enough." Seriously, on tape. It's quite different from the work/perfection ethic in the NSX factories.

Then when you heard about the roofs flying off of vettes early on in production, it all made sense.

Again, the vette is a great performance car. I am not denigrating anything else about it. Don't take it so personally. Nice vette.

Call me crazy, but it doesn't appear that I am the one taking things personally. :wink:

Domestics never get old enough to encounter those issues?

both GTO and NSX have the same mileage of around 125k.

I pressure wash the NSX and GTO engine bay as well as the truck.

NSX gets a tamper tandrum.

Even the RX7 loves water in the engine bay.

both GTO and NSX have the same mileage of around 125k.
I pressure wash the NSX and GTO engine bay as well as the truck.
NSX gets a tamper tandrum.
Even the RX7 loves water in the engine bay.

No idea. Maybe an overhead cam + age issue?
My NSX has had a coil pack go bad. Gasket got old, rotted, and allowed water in it. Had the resulting tamper tandrum as well.
My 66 Mustang couldn't care less about water.

I got my C7 Z51 on Friday and it has really exceeded my expectations. Interior is top-notch with nice quality leather and alcantara. Seats have a wide range of adjusts with great side bolstering. Exhaust is throaty especially on start up. Weight distribution is much more neutral than prior. It takes a lot to throw the rear end with traction control on. The steering boost is just right and the brakes are finally up to Porsche quality. I got the auto trans, and although it's not as good as DCT on my M3 or PDK on my 911 4S it's much better than prior models. The paddle shifts are slower than you'd want but smooth.

Tons of car for the money.

Oh man, I can't wait to see some pictures! We saw our first new Vette in downtown Riverwalk, amazing machine! Think I need to go test drive it one of these days locally.

Oh man, I can't wait to see some pictures! We saw our first new Vette in downtown Riverwalk, amazing machine! Think I need to go test drive it one of these days locally.

Planning to do that on Friday when I'm back from Dubai.

Planning to do that on Friday when I'm back from Dubai.

Cool, I'm really anxious to see your color combo, which is one of my favorites! My Green/Brown is a rustic vintage look I love :)

Earlier this year Hennessey promised us a 1000bhp, turbocharged version of the Corvette C7 ‘Stingray'.

Thankfully, the company behind some of the most bombastic motors on earth has decided to start with a slightly more subtle modification for the American performance icon. Meet the 600bhp HPE600 Corvette.

It takes the entry-level 455bhp 6.2-litre V8 - the most powerful base-engine in a Corvette ever - and adds stainless steel intake and exhaust manifolds, a high flow cat and mid pipes that work with the factory-fit dual-mode performance exhaust. There's also a hydraulic roller camshaft, ported and polished cylinder heads, and a remapped ECU to work with 93-octane unleaded.

No confirmed performance stats, but given the standard 455bhp ‘Vette hits 0-60mph in just 3.8 seconds and runs on to a top speed of 190mph, expect some serious fastness.

Visual accompaniments to this extra power are also available, including monoblock forged wheels, carbon fibre door sills, and Hennessey's ‘CarbonAero' bodywork (a deeper front splitter, side sills and a notched rear wing made from carbon fibre).

It'll cost you $10,950 - installed - for this 600bhp option, complete with a 3-year or 36,000-mile warranty. That, or you can wait for the twin-turbo 1000bhp version and shorten your life span considerably.

Did anyone see Car and Driver test Vette vs. 911S this month? What struck me as surprising is that reviewer felt that the gates in gearbox on the Vette were a bit vague and there were a lot of missed shifts. Unless a case of driver error that is very disturbing. Every time I think I might want to get something more modern than my /94 NSX with 42,000 miles on the clock I ultimately come to the realization that but for lack of a few modern conveniences and a slight hp/tq deficit, Honda got it right back in the /90s and I'll regret parting with the NSX. And yes, there is that nagging quality issue and fear of the Chevy dealer experience. No thanks, I'll keep the NSX.

uhm..... "slight" HP deficit?? I need what you're smoking, cause cause the NSX, by modern standards, is painfully, ridiculously, painfully (did i already say that?) SLOW. my mom's accord is faster. as is most civics. and pretty much any other car. That's like saying my I'm going for a little jog, maybe 40 miles. Not too far, see you soon!

uhm..... "slight" HP deficit?? I need what you're smoking, cause cause the NSX, by modern standards, is painfully, ridiculously, painfully (did i already say that?) SLOW. my mom's accord is faster. as is most civics. and pretty much any other car. That's like saying my I'm going for a little jog, maybe 40 miles. Not too far, see you soon!

You'll have to excuse the likes of Bavaria that has a 20 year old car with 42k miles.

That's tantamount to a woman having sex every 6 months where everything feels big and new ....... again.

Finally had a chance to sit in one at the cheezy SD "international" auto show to see what the hoop-la was about. I am short at 5'7 7/8" and as soon as I slid in the driver seat, my right arm hit the tall/wide driveshaft tunnel. Fiddling with the shifter thru all the gears, there is no way my right arm can shift freely without rubbing the tunnel. The pedals were nicely placed for H&T. Conclusion = I am too short/my arm is too big for this car or maybe they can make pedal shifter avail. so they can use the wide tunnel for cup holders.

The new Vette is pretty sweet. however in 3-5 years they will be a dime a dozen like the C4 C5 C6 is.

I still get people taking pictures of my 1991 NSX which is over 20 years old.(while I'm driving) As far as performance and technology the Vette is awesome.
I always wanted something no one else had that is why I love the NSX (amongst other things) Choice is yours..
Also from a $$ standpoint the NSX is done depreciating?? The Vette will lose a ton of value in 3-5 years.

Finally got mine and my friends cars together today.

A05FAAF2-8331-437F-B2AE-53732436A5B3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Can you spot the NSX in this pic.....lol
F19B6C4E-AD4B-45DC-A894-ABD6AD221F21.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

9D506582-2222-447C-980B-652E4A60626A.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

1D674D2A-D866-4060-893D-AC6F178550D5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The Vette has some really cool features.....I still like the last few model year ZO6 much better though. The Camaro style rear is a big fail in my opinion.

Last edited:
Finally got mine and my friends cars together today.

A05FAAF2-8331-437F-B2AE-53732436A5B3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Can you spot the NSX in this pic.....lol
F19B6C4E-AD4B-45DC-A894-ABD6AD221F21.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

9D506582-2222-447C-980B-652E4A60626A.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

1D674D2A-D866-4060-893D-AC6F178550D5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The Vette has some really cool features.....I still like the last few model year ZO6 much better though. The Camaro style rear is a big fail in my opinion.

There is a company selling a retrofit rear bumper that has the C6 vette tailights instead of the camaro of the C7s....:cool:

^Those are some very quality pictures that really show the two car's different lines! Great job man - I've seen both cars up close and driven the new C7, not a shabby car for sure.

It's definitely a head-turner, especially in yellow. This is the first time seeing it in silver!

NSX's biggest drawback is how narrow it looks - by itself the car looks sexy but park it next to a modern exotic and the deficiencies show up....

Call me crazy but the NSX looks better in the front and rear pictures while the C7 looks more stunning in the side profile shot. I still don't care for the droopy eyed camaro rear BUT a z51 with a proper 3 pedal manual would be an awesome car to have in the garage.

Back