• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C7 new vette any body interest to buy?

i dont know about you guys but the c7 looks horrible next to the nsx. i dont own either car but i dont really like the looks on the c7.

Yeah. Having been looking at them for the last 7 months it's sad, they are not growing on me. I really dislike the back do the car.

I got to drive one at the track this weekend. It just felt... disconnected and dead to me. It reminded me more of my Volt than of my NSX, and I don't think that's a compliment for a sports car.

The steering was light and numb, the rev-match feature took all the fun out of rowing your own gears, all the plastic and screens and buttons everywhere.... meh.

Mind you I don't think all modern cars are this way. I got a ride in a Porsche Cayman at the track and it was fantastic, lively, engaging, raw. The Corvette just wasn't.

That is sick!

I think that I'm going to shoot for a 2015 Arctic White exterior with red interior. They have made many improvements with this new Corvette and the price is not bad at all.

......now if they could just fix the styling on that hideous rear bumper......lol

aren't these motors drysump?

The C7-Rs in Le Mans had no problems! Guess people who want to track should buy one of those instead :) BTW, red interior generally = lower resale value.

......now if they could just fix the styling on that hideous rear bumper......lol

There is a company that makes a perfect fitment replacement bumper with C6 tail lights.......

The C7-Rs in Le Mans had no problems! Guess people who want to track should buy one of those instead :) BTW, red interior generally = lower resale value.

Red interior with white exterior are considered "original classic" Corvette colors...so I have no major concerns about resale. Plus it would be for me to enjoy.

aren't these motors drysump?
Service update for engine protection during aggresive driving - PI13417
13417: Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles - Engine Protection Mode Activated During Aggressive Driving - Expires with Base Warranty - (Jan 24, 2014)
Subject: 13417 – Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles — Engine Protection Mode Activated During Aggressive Driving — Expires with Base Warranty

Models: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette
Equipped with a 6.2L Engine (LT1), 7-Speed Manual Transmission (MEP), and Wet Sump Oiling System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This service update includes vehicles in dealer inventory and customer vehicles that return to the dealership for any reason. This bulletin will expire at the end of the involved vehicle's New Vehicle Limited Warranty period.

Purpose
This bulletin provides a service procedure to reprogram the ECM, instrument cluster and on some vehicles, the BCM, HVAC, and radio modules, on certain 2014 model year Chevrolet Corvette vehicles, equipped a 6.2L engine (LT1), 7-speed manual transmission (MEP), and wet sump oiling system.

During very aggressive driving, such as right-hand turn maneuvers at high g forces, and when the driver stays in a low gear and forces high engine revs and high g forces for a sustained period of time, the engine protection mode (OSTER) will activate as designed. This mode will cause a reduction in engine power to prevent oil starvation and engine damage; however, there is no indication to the driver, in advance, that the mode has been activated.

In addition to the reprogramming, dealers will also provide the customer with an owner manual insert that describes a new DIC warning message that will appear when the engine protection mode is activated.

This service procedure should be completed as soon as possible on involved vehicles currently in dealer inventory and customer vehicles that return to the dealer for any type of service during the New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage period.

Vehicles Involved
All involved vehicles are identified by VIN in the Global Warranty Management System – Investigate Vehicle History Application. Dealership technicians should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.

Additionally, a list of involved vehicles currently in dealer inventory is available on the “Service Update Bulletin Information” link under the “Service” tab in GM GlobalConnect (US) or attached to the GlobalConnect message (Canada) used to release this bulletin. Customer vehicles that return for service, for any reason, and are still covered under the vehicle's base warranty should also be checked for vehicle eligibility.

Parts Information
No parts are required for this update.

Service Procedure
Note: Carefully read and follow the instructions below.

•Do NOT attempt to order the calibration number from GM Customer Care and Aftersales. The calibration numbers required for this service procedure are programmed into control modules via a Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI) with the calibration update. Use TIS2WEB on or after January 24, 2014, to obtain the calibration. If you cannot access the calibration, call the Techline Customer Support Center and it will be provided.
•DO NOT program a control module unless directed to by a service procedure or a service bulletin. If the control module is not properly configured with the correct calibration software, the control module will not control all of the vehicle features properly.
•Ensure the programming tool is equipped with the latest software and is securely connected to the data link connector. If there is an interruption during programming, programming failure or control module damage may occur.
•Stable battery voltage is critical during programming. Any fluctuation, spiking, over voltage or loss of voltage will interrupt programming. When required install the EL-49642 SPS Programming Support Tool to maintain system voltage. If not available, connect a fully charged 12 V jumper or booster pack disconnected from the AC voltage supply. DO NOT connect a battery charger.
•Turn OFF or disable systems that may put a load on the vehicles battery such as; interior lights, exterior lights (including daytime running lights), HVAC, radio, etc.
•During the programming procedure, follow the SPS prompts for the correct ignition switch position.
•Clear DTCs after programming is complete. Clearing powertrain DTCs will set the Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) system status indicators to NO.
•Note the engine oil life remaining percentage.
 1. Determine the VIN of vehicle.
◦If the VIN is equal to or greater than VIN E5106341, reprogram the IPC and the ECM. Proceed to Step 2.
◦If the VIN is less than E5106341, determine if PI1101 (labor operation code 2880178) has been performed.
– If PI1101 HAS been performed on the vehicle, reprogram the IPC and the ECM. Proceed to Step 2.
– If PI1101 has NOT been performed on the vehicle, perform the PI on the vehicle, and then reprogram the ECM only. Proceed to Step 9 after performing the PI. Submit a warranty transaction for the PI and one for this Service Update.
 2. Install EL-49642 SPS programming support tool.
 3. Access the Service Programming System (SPS) and follow the on-screen instructions. Refer to Service Programming System (SPS) documentation in SI for programming instructions.
Note: This procedure requires the use of a USB memory stick to transfer files to the module.

 4. On the SPS Supported Controller screen, select Instrument Cluster – USB File Transfer and follow the on-screen instructions.
 5. Insert USB memory stick in the vehicle USB port. Follow on-screen instructions.
 6. On the SPS Supported Controller screen, select Instrument Cluster – Programming and follow the on-screen instructions.
 7. On the SPS Supported Controller screen, select Instrument Cluster – Setup and Configuration and follow the on-screen instructions.
 8. Clear DTCs after completing the Setup & Configuration procedure.
 9. On the SPS Supported Controllers screen, select K20 Engine Control Module - Programming and follow the on-screen instructions.
10. Clear DTCs after completing the programming procedure.
Note: If vehicle fails to start during Configuration and Setup, perform the SPS Function Immobilizer Learn and follow the on-screen instructions.

11. Perform the SPS function K20 Engine Control Module - Configuration & Setup and follow the on-screen instructions, if available.
12. Clear DTCs after completing the Configuration & Setup procedure.
13. Place a copy of the owner manual insert (located at the back of this bulletin) in the vehicle glove box.

I'm seeing more of them on the street and in parking lots, but the adoption rate doesn't seem nearly as fast or high as when the C6 first came out. I believe I'm not the only one who thinks the C7 is an over styled mess.

Back