• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C7 new vette any body interest to buy?

Anybody is interest 2013 c7 vette? I kind of interest it to trade in my 98nsx 21k miles to new vette.. Anybody please give my some input and advice.. Will that worth it? Thank you everybody.. :tongue:

I like the current C6 Z06 a lot. I need to see the C7 in person, I can't tell from the pics what I think of it.
As far as trading your NSX for one... One thing I always do is look at the total cost of ownership, including depreciation.
Your NSX goes up in value every year. In 3 years it will be worth a few thousand more.
The Corvette will likely drop $15,000+ in 3 years.

Only sane thing to do is test drive the C7 and see if you like it more than the NSX. If so, it's not going to be a straight trade either. You're going to have to put $10-15k on top.

The C7 will utterly destroy the NSX performance wise in everyway and you're going to get alot of attention for the first 2-3 years. But keep this in mind though. In 7 years time when the C8 comes out, the C7 will be worth like $25-30k and most people won't give it a second look since they'll be so many of them. In 7 years, your NSX will most likely be worth more than it is right now and people will still be breaking necks and asking questions about it.

The figures are in...

LT1 is SAE-certified at 460 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 465 lb-ft of torque at 4,600 rpm.

Damn good figures too.

-J

I like the new vette. I will own one eventually. But more likely to get the C6 ZR-1 before the C7. Just waiting for a good deal on one. I don't buy new and never will. I will however enjoy multiple cars while making money off people who feel the need to do so.

Last edited:
Actually I'm 11th on the waiting list in my local dealer. I put down $500 to reserve the spot. But lately I think I will back out because I'm planning getting a nsx.

I've gotta say, the C7 rear looks better than the F car and the face looks very F car.... all for 1/4 of the price - leaving room for mods like a blower, etc.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q6y7oeZx9WY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have one on order, should be here in a couple weeks. Limerock green / brownstone interior.

Yes, seriously. I loaded it up 3LT, Z51, red calipers, etc. I've had five others prior. Last was a '10 Grand Sport. The dealer tried to get a premium but I wouldn't budge and I got it for MSRP on a pre-order.

I've seen a lot of them already around here.... sweet ride! Looks great. But that new Alfa Romea 4C is more up my alley.....

Please let us know what you think of your new C7 after it arrives. I currently have a '09 C6 and enjoy it as a daily driver (my NSX & S2000 are for weekends & fun drives). It certainly isn't a NSX, but, boy can it run! I am considering moving up to the C7 but would like to hear what people think of it in "real world" rather than a test environment. I have some strong reservations about the DI technology and am concerned it may succumb to the carbon build up issues many of the German vehicles have experienced. Thus, I will likely wait a bit before jumping into that pool.

Video is boring. C7 on the other hand is absolutely amazing. It looks SO much better than the F12 or the 991 in that video. I wish they sold a hard top version and I would like to wait till 2nd or 3 yr just cuz I know GM quality a bit too well.

Did anyone see Car and Driver test Vette vs. 911S this month? What struck me as surprising is that reviewer felt that the gates in gearbox on the Vette were a bit vague and there were a lot of missed shifts. Unless a case of driver error that is very disturbing. Every time I think I might want to get something more modern than my /94 NSX with 42,000 miles on the clock I ultimately come to the realization that but for lack of a few modern conveniences and a slight hp/tq deficit, Honda got it right back in the /90s and I'll regret parting with the NSX. And yes, there is that nagging quality issue and fear of the Chevy dealer experience. No thanks, I'll keep the NSX.

Quality issues?

Like what specifically?

Never mind the NSX and it's acne, nocturnal emissions, growing pain, etc.:

1. Snap ring
2. Electrical hiccups like main relay and intermittent hesitation

Dealerships are Stealerships for the most part. Regardless of the franchise. I've got Acura Dealerships stories galore had we've not worked out some sorta arrangement...

Please let us know what you think of your new C7 after it arrives. I currently have a '09 C6 and enjoy it as a daily driver (my NSX & S2000 are for weekends & fun drives). It certainly isn't a NSX, but, boy can it run! I am considering moving up to the C7 but would like to hear what people think of it in "real world" rather than a test environment. I have some strong reservations about the DI technology and am concerned it may succumb to the carbon build up issues many of the German vehicles have experienced. Thus, I will likely wait a bit before jumping into that pool.

I got my C7 Z51 on Friday and it has really exceeded my expectations. Interior is top-notch with nice quality leather and alcantara. Seats have a wide range of adjusts with great side bolstering. Exhaust is throaty especially on start up. Weight distribution is much more neutral than prior. It takes a lot to throw the rear end with traction control on. The steering boost is just right and the brakes are finally up to Porsche quality. I got the auto trans, and although it's not as good as DCT on my M3 or PDK on my 911 4S it's much better than prior models. The paddle shifts are slower than you'd want but smooth.

Tons of car for the money.

You can still push the body panels in/out with your finger. Ridiculous. They are car panels, not pudding cups.

Saw my first one this morning. Yellow on black with black wheels with Florida plates in CT. I am not a big vette guy but that is by far the best style yet (aside from the 60's....). I want to drive one.

I actually put deposite to order one on early march and they said it will deliver arounf third quarter..... until I found my first 2004 nsx. I change my mind. And I'm happy with my nsx

Back