Can I weld in my wideband sensor bung here?

Ok so besides hooking up boost gauge as seen in other thread I am also doing AEM UEGO. I was told to tap in on front header after collector.
But I see 2 issues here:
1)Seems crowded there with 02 sensor being there as well.
2)I dont want to leave my car at a shop since im doing local and not a trusted place in the NSX community. I also do no want to remove header.

So I am thinking of tapping into the test pipe only a couple inches downstream right closest to header/test pipe flange.

If you reffer to pic below it will show it shows right side pic being front of car. On right you see front header where it mates to test pipe on left. I was thinking maybe hooking it up right after the flange but before the resonated portion of test pipe.

IMG_20120922_114256_zps53c300d5.jpg

Does this sounds like a good alternative?

You can hook it there. You can hook it on the bend of the actual exhaust pipe where it connects to the test pipe. I told you where to run that and the boost. Both are easy :)

You can hook it there. You can hook it on the bend of the actual exhaust pipe where it connects to the test pipe. I told you where to run that and the boost. Both are easy :)
Whwn you say actual exhaust pipe you mean on manifold right? I know you told me that when you where at my house last week but since test pipe is close to it I figure it might be easier to just remove from car (which means diffuser has to come off to access it) and have shop weld bung in. Found a local place that will do it for only $20 if I take him my test pipe and bung :)

I already have wiring ran to there so I just need to connect power, weld new bung and connect wideband ;)

Just take off the test pipe and weld it there. Do not weld on the manifold, the exhaust gas is so hot at that point it will mess up the wideband.

Back