• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Charlotte's First Dyno Run

Nice work Chris on not only putting together a nice package,but also being one of few who have been able to pry Hughs wallet out of his locked back pocket.
Armando

Now that you're back I have to start locking my fly so you don't try to pry something else out of my pants! :biggrin:

Now that you're back I have to start locking my fly so you don't try to pry something else out of my pants! :biggrin:

I have lost a bit of my eyesight in my later years although even during my prime I would have been hard pressed to locate what you are referring to.

No Vegas for me although I might be in the market this coming year for a twin turbo candidate build

Armando

I have lost a bit of my eyesight in my later years although even during my prime I would have been hard pressed to locate what you are referring to.

No Vegas for me although I might be in the market this coming year for a twin turbo candidate build

Armando

Good to see you on prime lately. Did you buy another NSX ?

Is this the 3.5 liter stroker that is "similar" to the one that Driving Ambition builds? ...similar in design and components? Ballpark cost?

Thanks

Is this the 3.5 liter stroker that is "similar" to the one that Driving Ambition builds? ...similar in design and components? Ballpark cost?

Thanks

Based on SOS site, I was thinking around $35K with the twin turbo.

Last edited:

Thanks

It is a similar design but the brand names of components are different (crank, rods etc). Figure at least 15K for the assembled and sleeved short block.

OMG HOW THIS I MISS THIS?

Hugh man,congrats, I can not believe, also i can not wait to see it / hear it / video it / drool all over!

you are the man!! I am so happy for you!!

Oscar

If you were on NSXPO drives you'd know. Hugh is crazy by anyone's standards.

I was, but to me Hugh was more interrested in hooking up his peeps on his cellphone rather than drive....:wink:

Armando

I have a virtually bone stock red '93 sitting in my garage with about 68K on the clock. The car reminds me a lot of Charlotte when I bought her in '03 with 70K miles. I could be tempted to part with her since I just picked up a Honda Crosstour. Still have my cell number?

While visiting SOS recently, I learned of Hugh's "enhancement" of the famous Charlotte. Three things came to mind: (1) several years ago before the likes of SOS began doing forced induction, many forget Hugh was a hater of forced induction (2) I can't wait to see Hugh at the SoFl Toy Run show off the enhanced Charlotte to the local 4RE club, and (3) holy uknowhat 666 on nearly 300,000 miles!

Standing ovation to Charlotte, Hugh, and SOS!!! Can't wait to see her in person!

many forget Hugh was a hater of forced induction

I swear I remember a post where he called FI "gay" or "ghey" but couldn't find it with the search. This is the best I could come up with...

FI is the equivalent of having a date with a blow up doll (pun intended) instead of a real woman.

Based on Hugh's recent willingness to try things he used to hate or consider gay, I predict we'll soon seen see him posting 1/4-mile times, drifting at HPDEs, wearing an NSXPO-themed rugby shirt exclusively, upgrading Charolette to a quad tip exhaust, daily driving a Z4 or Mini, and joining a mini-golf league. :tongue:

Last edited:
several years ago before the likes of SOS began doing forced induction, many forget Hugh was a hater of forced induction

I don't recall being a hater of FI. What I was and still am, is strongly against adding FI to an unmodified motor. It's a death sentence.

Based on Hugh's recent willingness to try things he used to hate or consider gay, I predict we'll soon seen see him posting 1/4-mile times, drifting at HPDEs, wearing an NSXPO-themed rugby shirt exclusively, upgrading Charolette to a quad tip exhaust, daily driving a Z4 or Mini, and joining a mini-golf league. :tongue:

You left out one thing! Dating Armando. :biggrin:

666rwhp800px.jpg

Back