• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Colorado NSX owner count?

Awesome, thanks for all the info. I'll definately have to check out that place out with some lady friends. Does PP Acura do more that just services - can they do aftermarket installs like springs, etc? Also, any ideas on where to get a clear bra put on and estimated cost as well as any good bodyshops that can do a touch up on any nicks on the paint? I bought from MY1STNSX, great guy and paint was in pretty damn good shape.

Yeah they can do most anything and can direct you to the right people.

Cool! You got his nsx! Did you get the MR wheels with it? He's a great guy. Haven't spoken to him in a while. Sorry to see that he had to let it go but glad it went to a good home. Great guy. He's like my unofficial "asian brotha" lol. He did work VERY hard to keep his car in good shape.

There's another asian owner in Denver, owns a thai resturant near a university off of the I 25(?) called Sticky E Rice. He's also on prime. Beautiful red nsx.

Join the COlorado yahoo group. Great group of outstanding guys.

I've been to grocer's warehouse with some friends :)

I've got another friend here on base who's got a crazy fast EVO, and he's got plenty of friends with EVO's as well. True, there are plenty of people who go there.

Ca2822 and I will be the only two with NSXs on base, but you're right about driving conditions for now, absolutely terrible... especially on base.

Tried movings some stuff from one building to another today and got stuck in a driveway while pulling in :(

A couple others needed to come help me push it as I reversed myself out of the bad situation. I bet you there are some who think I'm crazy to even be driving in the snow right now. But you know how it is, sometimes you just need to get stuff done right? this is my only car too. If it makes any difference, at least the roads are plowed and not too heavily laden with the magnesium chloride or salt that they throw on there on occasion.

I too am curious if Pikes Peak Acura does custom work on our cars with their NSX specialized technicians up there.

PP Acura can do just about ANYTHING. If not they'll tell you who to go to. Best place for us locals. (when I was local lol)

If you can, scrap up the $1500 or so and BUY A BEATER! Colorado Springs with it's hills and curves is HORRIBLE for the nsx in the winter. Poor car will take a beating. My truck got TRASHED in the time I was there. 4x4s are abundant and cheap. Even a fwd something. Check craigslist.

Seriously, you will regret having the nsx as your only car there. That sand they lay down isn't just sand, it's crushed granite and other nasty rock. It WILL get trashed in the snow. Trust me, I only had my nsx from May through June when I left for california. In the time I had it there, my paint was ruined.

You don't want to bash your nsx into a curb or down one of those embankments on base. You can only imagine the flack you will get from everyone on base and then the commander will breath down your neck for getting into an accident. Then the briefing then the... it goes on and on. I drove a truck and it was hard enough. The only vehicle I ever felt safe in going around town was my Landrover Discovery.

Atleast you live and work on base. I lived above downtown on a bluff with a STEEP windy road just west of I25. On several occasions, I intentionally had to drive down and use the curb to rub up against to slow down in my truck when the snow got packed and icy. Then my trek all the way over to Schriever.

Last edited:
No, he threw the OEMs back on. He said he'd include them for a little more price, but OEMs had good tread left and ordering some volks anyway.

I WISH I could get another beater to drive in the winter with. But being at the Academy, we're limited to only one car. :frown: Good news is, I've had a '92 prelude for about 4 years thats lowered pretty dang low already and managed to get around with nearly no scrapage in WA (again, bad streets) and Colorado. I know what you mean about the roads though - they SUCK. Well, that's an overstatement. Also, since it is CO and ALOT of people are into trucks/SUVs here, I have a load of friend's to hop rides with for going out! :) In fact, a good friend of mine just bought an FJ Cruiser so I'll be leavin the NSX basically in hibernation till no snow. Sucks, i know.

would anyone be interseted in a 91-01 VIS Type r hood? carbon fiber. brand new.??

i dont feel like shipping

91 Black Ivory / Highlands Ranch

My friend and neighbor also has a 91 black black.

Yeah seen the blue one once. There was an older white gentlemen behind the wheel.

There is(was?) also a mint Zanardi in the springs. I met the owner when he was trying to sell his NA1, also in prestine shape. He's here on prime.

Also have a friend who said a blue one pulled up behind his evo, apparently one with fixed headlights. They told me they initially thought it was ca2822 in his black '92 but realized they were wrong when they saw the color... and the fixed headlights haha.

man if theres a 02+ LBBP in colorado... ima try to snatch it

COS - '02 LBB, '94 RED

this spring / summer if anyone would like to get together let me know. Would like to meet fellow owners around here :)

COS - '02 LBB, '94 RED

this spring / summer if anyone would like to get together let me know. Would like to meet fellow owners around here :)

so jealous ! 02 lbbp... we def have to meet up

i def wanna meet MORE NSX owners... and drive with one...

ive met my1stnsx and bruce but only with my DD.

we should plan for a drive

I spent all last weekend in Denver/Co Springs...logged about 400 miles on my car in those 2 days (my car has 64k on the tach and its a 2000). It was SO nice out and I didnt see not ONE NSX on the road. :confused:

I spent all last weekend in Denver/Co Springs...logged about 400 miles on my car in those 2 days (my car has 64k on the tach and its a 2000). It was SO nice out and I didnt see not ONE NSX on the road. :confused:

Wow I logged a few hundred miles in mine last weekend in Denver AND Colorado Springs (mostly in the Springs), surprised you didn't catch me.

As for a drive and other owners, I'm interested. I'm in Csprings as well.

we should get a list going... for a drive that i took with the lambo/ferrari guys... beautiful scenary !!

and we should get some food :biggrin: id like to NSX talk haha... finally

I was at the Academy in August for a TDY and i did not see one NSX on base nor around town. I am just amazed on how many NSX's there are in COS and i didnt see one. Well I did see the yellow one at PP and they were asking like 110k for it. Maybe when i do go back there i might hit you guys up if your still stationed there..

Back