• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech Is Closing. No Joke.

anyone tried ordering anything? I tried ordering that bypass valve for the S.C. and got an answereing machine?

I just placed an order from their website and it seemed to go through. I even received an e-mail with an order number. But, that doesn't mean anything until I get the item that I ordered.

Mike

Just wondering if SC/Turbo is so great why don't we see more of these setups here in Japan?
DJ,
US and Japanese customers demand different things. Straightline vs handling/all around package. You guys already have Skyline, S15, RX-7, etc for the straightline. You already know boost well with your RX-7. Boost is boost, highly addicting. In addition, Japan only had the GruppeM. While I like the look, I am sure a lot of Japnese owners doesn't like the idea of having a wild looking engine bay. The look alone is a deal breaker for some.

If you ever ride/drive a SC/Turbo NSX extensively then hop back into a NA nsx, it would be game over for you. No comparison unless the car is equipped with stroker kit.

You can make same power NA with stroker kit and supporting mods, I think it is great. I like it too, but the price tag is outside of most that are willing to spend. Downtime is also very long vs 1~2 day for bolting on a SC/Turbo.

I'll agree that they won't be making any new products for the NSX, but they've already been "possesed" to start doing FI. ;)
http://clie.ws/bbs/uploads/post-30080-1145897745.jpg
Amazing, that is positive displacement too, hope they make the kit for other Honda models. Probably going to be a bit pricy. Comptech have or now unfortunately had similar SC set up for $3600. Probably $3k for the entire kit with discount from certain vendors.

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/product420.html

It's not on the website. It's a part you have to call in to to get. Plus i get my NSXCA 10 percent discount too.:biggrin:

I just placed an order from their website and it seemed to go through. I even received an e-mail with an order number. But, that doesn't mean anything until I get the item that I ordered.

Mike

Last edited:
Just wondering if SC/Turbo is so great why don't we see more of these setups here in Japan? We have a handfull of customers with Turbo setups and I've yet to see a Gruppe M/Comptech SC in person. This could be a sign of the times...just my 2 Yen:smile:
We are hustling and using many of our resources to get a jump on development for the future. Most of it NA. This is not to say one is better/worse than the other, just what we do here. I'll leave those beliefs to my self. http://www.gt-rom.net/gtrom/gtone_aero/gt-rom_infomation.htm

Anyways, my first NSX had CT exhausts. Nice piece of equipment at the time and definitely kept me happy during my "stock look" phase. Sad to see a good US vendor go...:frown:
DJ

Dan,

I hit a juncture this morning in the garage and I'll need another part EMS. Could you convert your NA engine tuning and pricing page to USDM in your copious free time?

Dan,

I hit a juncture this morning in the garage and I'll need another part EMS. Could you convert your NA engine tuning and pricing page to USDM in your copious free time?

Dude, I don't play with my sons anymore (2 and 4)...they call me Mr. Johnson now...that's how much free time I have:eek:

But let me know what you need and if you have a pic, I can send it to Mr. Yamamoto (best Honda mechanic of Kansai) and he can possibly tell me how to help you. He might be coming over for the GT-One Body Kit install too! That would be trick to get have your HKS Ecu tuned. The guy works that thing like it's not real.
DJ

DJ,
US and Japanese customers demand different things. Straightline vs handling/all around package. You guys already have Skyline, S15, RX-7, etc for the straightline. You already know boost well with your RX-7. Boost is boost, highly addicting. In addition, Japan only had the GruppeM. While I like the look, I am sure a lot of Japnese owners doesn't like the idea of having a wild looking engine bay. The look alone is a deal breaker for some.

If you ever ride/drive a SC/Turbo NSX extensively then hop back into a NA nsx, it would be game over for you. No comparison unless the car is equipped with stroker kit.

You can make same power NA with stroker kit and supporting mods, I think it is great. I like it too, but the price tag is outside of most that are willing to spend. Downtime is also very long vs 1~2 day for bolting on a SC/Turbo.

Amazing, that is positive displacement too, hope they make the kit for other Honda models. Probably going to be a bit pricy. Comptech have or now unfortunately had similar SC set up for $3600. Probably $3k for the entire kit with discount from certain vendors.

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/product420.html

I hold CT superchargers in the highest regards. Just taking on the challenge of creating anything to please some of us incredibly finicky (spell check?) owners is close to suicide. They have done an incredible job and will be sorely missed. About turbos, I drive an FD3S, mostly stock, but fast enough with the sequentials and I personally think it "feels" faster than some of the NA NSX's I've been in. You are right, when turbo cars that have been tuned properly kick in, and heaven forbid if you have twin-it really is an incredible rush. And the power feels endless. Yes many folks go with huge single turbos, but I love the second kick in the behind!

Along with the overly abundant Skylines and EVO's or less popular Subarus if you want to count them, we have a lot of excellent from the factory turbo alternatives here in Japan too. Their is no real way to compete with the power Turbo/SC can produce on a dollar for dollar basis. Here in Japan, the maintenance issue is quite a concern but as you said, the market must suit the customers needs and CT has more than done their part in my opinion.

And on a side note, many folks with the Skyline, GTR's that is, get it for the handling and AWD safety net, not straightline power. Although it is quite capable:cool:
DJ

I hold CT superchargers in the highest regards. Just taking on the challenge of creating anything to please some of us incredibly finicky (spell check?) owners is close to suicide. They have done an incredible job and will be sorely missed. About turbos, I drive an FD3S, mostly stock, but fast enough with the sequentials and I personally think it "feels" faster than some of the NA NSX's I've been in. You are right, when turbo cars that have been tuned properly kick in, and heaven forbid if you have twin-it really is an incredible rush. And the power feels endless. Yes many folks go with huge single turbos, but I love the second kick in the behind!

Along with the overly abundant Skylines and EVO's or less popular Subarus if you want to count them, we have a lot of excellent from the factory turbo alternatives here in Japan too. Their is no real way to compete with the power Turbo/SC can produce on a dollar for dollar basis. Here in Japan, the maintenance issue is quite a concern but as you said, the market must suit the customers needs and CT has more than done their part in my opinion.

And on a side note, many folks with the Skyline, GTR's that is, get it for the handling and AWD safety net, not straightline power. Although it is quite capable:cool:
DJ

You guys should start punching out more Turbo NSX's and make a kit.:biggrin:

Along with the overly abundant Skylines and EVO's or less popular Subarus if you want to count them, we have a lot of excellent from the factory turbo alternatives here in Japan too. Their is no real way to compete with the power Turbo/SC can produce on a dollar for dollar basis. Here in Japan, the maintenance issue is quite a concern but as you said, the market must suit the customers needs and CT has more than done their part in my opinion

Also Shaken (japanese registration process) can be a pain in the arse for modified cars here in Japan.

Wanted a comptech supercharger too, *crosses of the list:frown:

hahaha... i know... from the ACURAZINE forum.. one ACURA DEALER bought like 80000 USD of remaining comptech! =)

i ordered the last available set of NSX Camber Kit from comptech =)

so happy!

Surely someone must be buying their remaining stock. And they are going to make a killing on it.

I still can't believe this. I am just glad I got my stuff already. The CTSC is just awesome and I would not have considered anyone else. Frankly I am not worried about support/parts. These are mostly generic parts and a good mechanic can give support. The system was pretty much plug and play.

This is a huge loss to the NSX community. Very sad. :frown:

Comptech is going out of business and now I hear CompUSA is closing over 100 stores.

I'm starting to see a trend here...don't name your company CompXXX :tongue:

NOW YOU SAY SO!! I hope this is a myth!!!! :tongue:

I got one of the last CT billet oil pumps :smile: and that's a good thing I'm doing some motor work this weekend.

CT will be missed but other manufacturers are good to step up. Dali is going to start making an oil pump and you can get the billet part from TODA Japan if you have a hook-up.

It is possible that Kenne Bell (Rancho Cucamonga in Calif) could take over the Comptech line of SC and enter the import market. They make great superchargers for the Ford GT, Mustang, Corvette, etc.. They used to use Autorotor but now have their own twin screw design that is very impressive.

As for someone manufacturing the Oil Pump Gears, CircuitWorx (Prodrive USA) has made NSX oil pumps before... and for some of the names you've listed. It looks like its time to make another batch.

Question, was there an interest in the blueprinted high flow units? Or are you guys just looking for a billet oil pump replacement?

BTW: SOS (Science of Speed) has a few in stock.
-corey

www.circuitworx.com

Been out of them for months...........CT has had the exclusive for a long time.

Dali and SOS were getting the same oil pumps but the Japanese company is not making them anymore and CT made their own.

Talk with MJ he said he might be getting some TODA pumps in soon.

Later, Jeff

Question, was there an interest in the blueprinted high flow units? Or are you guys just looking for a billet oil pump replacement?
www.circuitworx.com

SOS didn't have them last week :frown: my motors out this weekend :tongue:

I just wanted the "billet oil pump" as the stock unit flows plenty and I've heard too much about machining the "high flow" to fit in the stock housing.

And YES "It looks like its time to make another batch." I know some people that are looking.

Later, Jeff

It is possible that Kenne Bell (Rancho Cucamonga in Calif) could take over the Comptech line of SC and enter the import market. They make great superchargers for the Ford GT, Mustang, Corvette, etc.. They used to use Autorotor but now have their own twin screw design that is very impressive.
Kim,

You are right. They can probably do it easily. Just that the market might be too small to interest them. Then again, Ford GT and Viper is not exactly big market either.

The autorotor are used in many applications:
Viper
0509-516_400.jpg

Corvette
CorvetteEngine.jpg

Shelby GT500 Kenne Bell Stage III 801rwhp/738rwtp
28380.jpg

28368.jpg

Back