• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech Is Closing. No Joke.

Last edited:
SOS didn't have them last week :frown: my motors out this weekend :tongue:

I just wanted the "billet oil pump" as the stock unit flows plenty and I've heard too much about machining the "high flow" to fit in the stock housing.

And YES "It looks like its time to make another batch." I know some people that are looking.

Later, Jeff

We have these in stock.

-- Chris

For those who are commenting that support or parts will not be there, I am sure you are correct about warranty issues, however I can tell you that I have been able to get parts over the past week from Shad at Driving Ambition, and if there is or was anyone knowledgable about these units, he is the man. Great guy. Smart guy and willing and able to help regarding CTSC stuff.

Re: Comptech NOT closing?

I haven't called to confirm, but there is rumor/news spreading that Comptech is NOT closing.

http://aboutacura.blogspot.com/2007/05/comptech-not-closing.html

Wow.
We haven't even told anyone yet.
Yes, Comptech USA will remain. The direction will remain, the parts will be the same, most of the people will be the same. There will be a one month lull while we reorganize(physically, not finacially) and restart production. I will keep everyone on this board informed as to when we're back to normal.
On a side note, I'm thrilled to be back and thank everyone for the kind words and support. If anyone has any questions you're more than welcome to PM me or email me: [email protected].
I will be busier than ever over the coming weeks but will try to take time out to answer any questions. Thank you again.

Nate Haines
Comptech USA
(916) 933-1080

Wow.
Yes, Comptech USA will remain. The direction will remain, the parts will be the same, most of the people will be the same. There will be a one month lull while we reorganize(physically, not financially) and restart production. I will keep everyone on this board informed as to when we're back to normal.
On a side note, I'm thrilled to be back and thank everyone for the kind words and support. If anyone has any questions you're more than welcome to PM me or email me: [email protected].
I will be busier than ever over the coming weeks but will try to take time out to answer any questions. Thank you again.

Nate Haines
Comptech USA
(916) 933-1080
very cool!

Great! Just when the temptation to put a SC on my car went away now it will be back again. :biggrin:

Good news.

Someone needs to throw a party..

I think after these discussions, people will be a lot less whiny when it comes to paying the cost of the parts :)

Wow.
Yes, Comptech USA will remain. The direction will remain, the parts will be the same, most of the people will be the same. There will be a one month lull while we reorganize(physically, not finacially) and restart production. I will keep everyone on this board informed as to when we're back to normal.

Nate Haines
Comptech USA
(916) 933-1080

Nate, congratulations on Comptech, the sequel. :D You may not realize it, but a huge sigh could be heard here on Prime with this reassuring news. Our NSX's haven't lost their mother-ship after all. :wink: Once you get settled, you ot to have an open house.

-gary

Damn... the resale value of my used CTSC just went down. :biggrin:

Glad to hear the great news. Awesome.

So with this "hiccup" that Comptech had, can we assume that our 3 year warranty for our CTSC's are still good? :wink:

Here is my take on the events. If someone from Comptech can correct me, that would be great. I assume that they were scheduled to close down but a few of the employees bought them out. Does that seem right? Either case, I am absolutely delighted that they will stay in business!!

Very cool.

For those of you thinking of installing an SC, you should seriously consider the new Boostzilla from Dali. Very clever design, efficient, priced well, etc.

Back