• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Conversion: '02 Targa to COUPE Type-R JH4NA21632T000186

Re: Conversion: '02 Targa to COUPE Type-R (56k warning)

You and RyanITV should get together. That is amazing. :eek:

As Kip would say...."thats what I'm talking about" :biggrin:
and Napoleon would say...."Lucky" :eek:

nice job!!!

Wow, thats nuts.
Im assuming all of that aluminum work/painting/welding work was in the tens of thousands. May I ask how much all of that cost for that quality work, and time they put into your awesome new American Type R ! ?

Holy crap man! That's one of the most amazing things I've seen on this site. VERY impressive.

looks great man! really it does. this is a conversion that i'd like to do to my 93 when i get it as well. the only thing as far as the interior and exterior that i might not do are the wheels, cause i'm sure those cost you a LOT of money. how much if you don't mind me asking/ :) Anyways, major props to you my friend.

Anil congrats on finally getting the car done and done right. I know its been a long bumpy road, but the end result looks like it was worth it. I can't wait to test the rev limiter :)

Armando

wasn't there a 2000 coupe (white/tan) for sale a while back? I too would've searched out that car to do the swap.

However, I have to say super job on the car and way to stay focus on the initial plan.

Veleno said:
wasn't there a 2000 coupe (white/tan) for sale a while back? I too would've searched out that car to do the swap.

However, I have to say super job on the car and way to stay focus on the initial plan.

NSXR = white/black combo.

Armando

Awesome write-up. Thanks for sharing..unbelieveable!!

Wow!!! :eek:

Anil, the car looks AMAZING. I can't wait to see it up close. Are you going this weekend to the Orlando meet?

-Frank

Osiris_x11 said:
I'm curious if you did this as well: the NSX-R rear diffuser which fits under the rear valance: Thanks for the thrill! :biggrin:
Yes, I have all the JDM aero parts under the front, plus the rear diffuser, all are OEM Type-R parts from Dali.

gtr said:
Did you mirror the picture on the blue NSX :confused:
Congrats gtr, it only took until thread #16 for that to be noticed. Yes, I just flipped the photo of my blue NSX so that all the photos would line up for comparison against each other. Nothing more sinister than that.

DocL said:
There aren't many '97 coupes around, and then he'd have to strip the entire car to paint it correctly. Probably a lot more costly.
Doc, correct. You'd be amazed what a great paint job costs. Plus, I'd have had to take everything off the car. And, I'd still have to change out enough interior bits that it made more sense to go this route.

Meeyatch1 said:
You and RyanITV should get together. That is amazing. :eek:
From the photos we've exchanged, Ryan's Targa-R will be different...though fabulous!

MiamieNeSeX said:
Anil...I can't wait to test the rev limiter :)Armando
Are you trying to piss me off?! :wink:

Veleno said:
...wasn't there a 2000 coupe (white/tan) for sale a while back? I too would've searched out that car to do the swap.
Yes, I found that car in upstate NY. It had bounced around the NSXprime F/S forum for sooo long, sold only between dealers, and the price kept going up?! I was negotiating with the NY dealer, when he was busted by the feds. Enough said.

Modernceo said:
Wow, thats nuts. Im assuming all of that aluminum work/painting/welding work was in the tens of thousands. May I ask how much all of that cost for that quality work, and time they put into your awesome new American Type R ! ?
The bottom line is this...if you would be willing to pay current MSRP, to be able to buy a new NSX COUPE...then we're in the ball park for what this conversion cost me. Meaning, cost of a used Targa+coupe conversion labor+JDM fenders labor+...=cost me a bit more than a new NSX at MSRP. That is NOT including the Type-R parts themselves, which add up quickly. And now the motor and suspension work...

Simply amazing!! If you ever decide to part ways with this masterpiece, please consider this to be my official request to be put atop your potential buyers list!! :wink:

Last edited:

eek3.gif
eek3.gif
eek3.gif
eek3.gif
eek3.gif

Re: Conversion: '02 Targa to COUPE Type-R

take a bow.
that's beautiful, serial

Awesome! I'm also embarking on a similar project, but a different approach. Actually trying to locate an early model white NSX coupe, and swapping the NA1 engine and 5 speed tranny for the NA2 engine and 6 speed tranny, and then do the various cometics updates.

Back