• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Conversion: '02 Targa to COUPE Type-R JH4NA21632T000186

Re: Conversion: '02 Targa to COUPE Type-R (56k warning)

You must have BIG balls to cut up a car like that !!! :biggrin: I must say it was worth it. I love the 1st picture it looks like a Acura brochure shot with the MDX in the background.

:eek: ok... i need to regain my composure!!!

either you are a genius or an utter madman... thank god the project turned out amazing... i love it....

that shop is definitely of an incredibly high caliber... :eek:

Very nice and it looks exactly like the real one........post more nice pictures, i think many of us need some wall paper!!

nice vette... um, ride - **very cool**!

thanks for providing such a complete visual & narrative on the project, all are very cool.

I got this message

vBulletin Message

Jin1976, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

da3dalus said:
I want to know where ya were on this deal!!!???

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60957

Jin1976 said:
I got this message

vBulletin Message

Jin1976, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I got the same message :frown:

hey, i know its a crowded thread, but any info you can give me would be a great help to me on this question. thanks!

OneRedNSX said:
can you tell anymore about that 'process' that you did on the rear wing? I love the idea of it being CF in the sun / light, but blacked out most of the time?

Re: come again...?!?

Osiris_x11 said:
Is that thread the one in the for sale forum, regarding the supposed NSX-R engine/transmission?!?

Possibly NSXPrime administration looked into the matter further & discovered something. :confused:

Yea thats what it was to. Looks like its been deleted or something. It sold fast is all i remember. Like 9500.00 and it was gone in 8 hours.

GTDyno said:
Anyone try a 92 Type-R conversion??

we're working on it :biggrin:

Absolutely AMAZING. Nice work, that is rolling art. Keep the threads coming!

AWESOME JOB!!!
I didnt have a chance to read the whole writeup but was curious if you went with Championship white or stayed with the stock white??

Wow, very cool.

Please go down the N/A tuning route, F/I is just not the Type R way!

wow..amazing!

I would just keep the Targa and converted the rest..

just be careful now not to have a roll-over...
**I think the cutting of the roof and re-welding may affect the overall stiffness of the chasis/body...(I think it may affect the handling respond a little)

but still a great work !!

EK4 hatchback said:
...post more nice pictures, i think many of us need some wall paper!!
I'll take some photos down in Miami, and post in high-res.
OneRedNSX said:
...can you tell anymore about that 'process' that you did on the rear wing? I love the idea of it being CF in the sun / light, but blacked out most of the time?
I will get a factual answer from John Schreppel — who built the car — and post on this thread.
nsxot1c said:
I didnt have a chance to read the whole writeup but was curious if you went with Championship white or stayed with the stock white??
I stayed with the factory Grand Prix White (which is whiter than the Championship White). A correct respray could have added more months and thousands of dollars of expense to the project. I decided to put the money elsewhere, as in the motor.
robfenn said:
...Please go down the N/A tuning route, F/I is just not the Type R way!
I hear you. I am strongly considering a stout NA build. I know NA won't generate enough power to pull Armando's car. But the mechanical noises it will make are what I'm after — this is a street car -- a daily driver. In the end, I'll be satisfied if I get out of the car with a smile on my face.
chinaboy said:
...just be careful now not to have a roll-over...**I think the cutting of the roof and re-welding may affect the overall stiffness of the chasis/body...(I think it may affect the handling respond a little) but still a great work !!
I had the same question for John, and he stated that the roof will be stronger, not weaker. He wasn't bragging about his workmanship, but commenting on the material characteristics of aluminum. As for handling response, I can tell you this 2002 is stiffer and handles better than any other (stock) NSX I've owned. So, its all good.

Why not go with the NSX-R 4.23 gear instead of the OS 4.4?

serialNSXer said:
... I am strongly considering a stout NA build. I know NA won't generate enough power to pull Armando's car. But the mechanical noises it will make are what I'm after — this is a street car -- a daily driver. In the end, I'll be satisfied if I get out of the car with a smile on my face...

I think you need to put one of these in. It's the future of FI. :biggrin:

tn_August2004%20044.jpg

Back