• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Conversion: '02 Targa to COUPE Type-R JH4NA21632T000186

Re: Conversion: '02 Targa to COUPE Type-R (56k warning)

The car is now with Jon Martin...stay tuned.

serialNSXer said:
The car is now with Jon Martin...stay tuned.
:eek:, should be a monster when Jon Martin is done with it.

Wow! All those works have paid off big time. Great looking Type-R conversion.
Congrats!

NSX PTY said:
hi guys,

who is Jon Martin ????? :confused:

AC

Jon Martin-Service Director for Cerritos Acura
NSX certified technician, Human Service Manual for the NSX, Track guy etc
#2 Guinea Pig for BBSC before it went kaboom and then came the 3.3L N/A motor to now..........
Developer of the 3.8L stroker motor with the help of AEM and rights given to SOS to sell.
And he is a very nice guy.

Cerritos Acura
18827 Studebaker Road
Cerritos, CA 90703
Service : 562-402-5281

The other Jon who is also amazing is Jon Kuryama Director at HKS
http://www.hksusa.com/
Both Jons are great to talk to in their own way. Both have a ton of knowledge. One is a boost master/tuner and the other a n/a master.

By the way Anil, I have seen your car at Cerritos....very well done....can't wait to see the new motor dropped in. :smile:

Last edited:

ediddynsx said:
By the way Anil, I have seen your car at Cerritos....very well done....can't wait to see the new motor dropped in. :smile:
As I'm in India for a while, I think you'll see the car done, before I will :frown: Along with the motor, we're also installing the OSG 4.4 LSD.

serialNSXer said:
As I'm in India for a while, I think you'll see the car done, before I will :frown: Along with the motor, we're also installing the OSG 4.4 LSD.

You lucky guy....you must be having fun in India! :smile:

The LSD you will have to get use to......remember it will be making clickety clack noises depending on how aggressive your setting will be. Since you are not tracking the car then Jon's setting will be good for you.

You car will be one bad ass car when it is done! Congrats!

ediddynsx said:
You lucky guy....you must be having fun in India! :smile:
Having fun in India? Uh, NOT!!!!!!

I have moved here for a little while, to give my kids an overseas experience, then returning to the GLORIOUS US-of-A.

During my first month here, I have experienced:

I have a builder that is part of the Indian Mafia, and I'm not using that term euphemistically. He's actually threatened us with pulling the electrical lines, cutting off water, locking us out of the place, etc. And his withholding signature on the sale registration deed of my home has shut down us moving forward. Without a proof of residence, no car can be bought, or registered, no bank account can be opened, etc. When I sneakily bought a Toyota minivan (sorry Honda, no Odyssey here), and on the day of delivery I found it was filthy inside and I refused delivery. Now the dealer isn't returning my calls -- I've paid all the money -- yet have no car to show for it :confused: And when we finally opened a bank account under some stressful conditions, the signature card my wife signed somehow doesn't match her regular signature. So now all our funds are frozen -- we can't write a check, nor draw any money. We're borrowing funds from family...

Add to this that Delhi has experienced record 115F+ heat index with humidity hovering around 80%, that power goes 3-12 hours each day, and water only comes twice each day...the 2 reactors that Delhi buys power from tripped 2 weeks ago, so India's capital is down 1000MW of power each day...and there is no notion of central A/C...and...shall I go on? This is when a good Single Malt really shows its value!

And yet, our teenage boys are handling life OK for their first few weeks. We bought them some outrageous Nokia phones that do everything my home theater could do. They are having a ball with their new found cousins. Each day Nick organizes a game of extreme Frisbee. They all play in the park behind the house. And isn't that what I actually want for our kids' experiences in life? Our moving/teething problems really are secondary. Isn't it all parent's desire to have their kids out playing instead of in front of the TV, or Internet? And we're planning a surfing holiday to Australia this December. And don't even get me started how close Bangkok and KL are. So travel to Southeast Asia is a must.

Finally, our container arrived in Bombay port just in time for the monsoon rains! We are expecting arrival in Delhi shortly, and then customs clearance. Of course, customs is another Mafia organization, and it'll make great fodder for my BLOG what I have to pay to get my container cleared.

So the adventure starts with a Bang, and not a whimper!

One of the big highs of my day is logging onto Prime each day. Sad, but true! Plus, knowing that my 3.8L NA Jon-Martin-tuned Type-R clone will be finished when I return...only 22 months to go.

Still my favorite NSX project I've come accross.

serialNSXer said:

And yet, our teenage boys are handling life OK for their first few weeks. We bought them some outrageous Nokia phones that do everything my home theater could do. They are having a ball with their new found cousins. Each day Nick organizes a game of extreme Frisbee. They all play in the park behind the house. And isn't that what I actually want for our kids' experiences in life? Our moving/teething problems really are secondary. Isn't it all parent's desire to have their kids out playing instead of in front of the TV, or Internet? And we're planning a surfing holiday to Australia this December. And don't even get me started how close Bangkok and KL are. So travel to Southeast Asia is a must.

I love the car dude, but don't act like you have to treat your kids like gods lol. They are just going to end up being spoiled like crazy and that won't help them in the long run. My parents didn' t have crap to give me while I was younger growing up in Kauai, and I had plenty of fun. I am very tankful for my poorer upbringings, casue it really helped me figur eout what to do and work hard to not end up like that when older. Also, now that I am 20 years old (still young) and on my own with more money then I can imagine I would have at my age, I still stay humble and don' t blow it all and know my place with my family and friends still, and also know the value of a dollar. Too much money has a way of making people into asses I've seen. I've also seen the "rich cool kids" from when I was young in Kauai, now as totally worthless still living with mom and dad with no jobs.....Anyways, I'm no child expert cause I still am one at 20, but I just felt like giving you my two cents.

The car on the othe rhand...simply amazing!

collegeboy said:
I love the car dude, but don't act like you have to treat your kids like gods lol...The car on the othe rhand...simply amazing!
I agree, in Florida, the kids grew up in a 6,500sqft home with a private theater, on the 13th hole. Now in India, they see poverty all around, and we live in a 1,900sqft apartment...no Gods here!

And, wait until Jon gets through with the 3.8L motor!

1900 sq ft is still pretty damn big......thats bigger than the standard homes in southern calif. :tongue:

ediddynsx said:
1900 sq ft is still pretty damn big......thats bigger than the standard homes in southern calif. :tongue:

So move to India :)

Armando

serialNSXer said:

I have moved here for a little while, to give my kids an overseas experience, then returning to the GLORIOUS US-of-A.

During my first month here, I have experienced:

I have a builder that is part of the Indian Mafia, and I'm not using that term euphemistically. He's actually threatened us with pulling the electrical lines, cutting off water, locking us out of the place, etc. And his withholding signature on the sale registration deed of my home has shut down us moving forward. Without a proof of residence, no car can be bought, or registered, no bank account can be opened, etc. When I sneakily bought a Toyota minivan (sorry Honda, no Odyssey here), and on the day of delivery I found it was filthy inside and I refused delivery. Now the dealer isn't returning my calls -- I've paid all the money -- yet have no car to show for it :confused: And when we finally opened a bank account under some stressful conditions, the signature card my wife signed somehow doesn't match her regular signature. So now all our funds are frozen -- we can't write a check, nor draw any money. We're borrowing funds from family...

Add to this that Delhi has experienced record 115F+ heat index with humidity hovering around 80%, that power goes 3-12 hours each day, and water only comes twice each day...the 2 reactors that Delhi buys power from tripped 2 weeks ago, so India's capital is down 1000MW of power each day...and there is no notion of central A/C...and...shall I go on? This is when a good Single Malt really shows its value!

Finally, our container arrived in Bombay port just in time for the monsoon rains! We are expecting arrival in Delhi shortly, and then customs clearance. Of course, customs is another Mafia organization, and it'll make great fodder for my BLOG what I have to pay to get my container cleared.

So the adventure starts with a Bang, and not a whimper!

One of the big highs of my day is logging onto Prime each day. Sad, but true! Plus, knowing that my 3.8L NA Jon-Martin-tuned Type-R clone will be finished when I return...only 22 months to go.

Awesome reading and im very impressed with your parenting style as well, although im sure that can be a new thread in off-topic. Anyways, Jon's the man (even though he doesnt return my phone calls:biggrin: ) and I cant wait to see the finished product. Are you going to be around for NSXPO? Also, how does one essentially stop life the US and just go to another country? Is it work related? Id love to do that Im jealous:wink:

The Kid said:
Awesome reading and im very impressed with your parenting style as well, although im sure that can be a new thread in off-topic. Anyways, Jon's the man (even though he doesnt return my phone calls:biggrin: ) and I cant wait to see the finished product. Are you going to be around for NSXPO? Also, how does one essentially stop life the US and just go to another country? Is it work related? Id love to do that Im jealous:wink:

Never..... I repeat never use the word "WORK" and "ANIL" in the same sentence, Ill let him explain.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
So move to India :)

Armando

No thank you.....:smile: but i'll take a home in Florida on jupiter island :biggrin:

Kid- Are you calling the dealer or his cell? He usually picks up his cell.

ediddynsx said:
Kid- Are you calling the dealer or his cell? He usually picks up his cell.

Dealership, can you PM ME his cell. Thanks:wink:

serialNSXer said:
And don't even get me started how close Bangkok and KL are. So travel to Southeast Asia is a must.

Anil, make sure you visit KL if you get the chance, it will probably be just as hot there but it has the widest variety of anything you may want to see - rural areas with villages to one of the most impressive all stainless steel petronas towers to Sepang F1 raceway! There is an exotic track car rental place there also where you can rent a fully tracked prepped car (elise's to 355challenges) to run on the track.

I'm originally from KL and when we have kids, I actually plan on living at home for a few years so they have a wider vocabulary. Great country to visit if you get a chance.

Kevin

ChopsJazz said:
Why not? And, what is "anil"? :confused:

"Anil" is the owner of the Type"R" conversion on this thread and "WorK" is something he dosent do :)

Armando

glass t-top or roof as next mod'...

serialNSXer said:
Now in India, they see poverty all around, and we live in a 1,900sqft apartment...
ediddynsx said:
1900 sq ft is still pretty damn big......thats bigger than the standard homes in southern calif.
Hmmm... no 'diddy (lol... sounds awesome to say that!). You see, it's not uncommon to have 5-6+ siblings & a set of grand-parents and/or extended kin residing as a single household in that region. Also, all the dwellings in the sub-continent have uber high ceilings to accommodate ceiling-fans. So there's not the prototypical "1900 sq.-ft apartment" feel or layout to it. Western countries 800-900 sq.-ft unit would be on par w/ a 1750-2000 sq.-ft dwelling in Indo-land/ Pak-land/ Bangla-land/ Sri_Lanka-land.

Seeing how SoCal's changed past 25-30yrs, I'd build/acquire a mansion/estate in the valley or Chino for what a 3br single-family home would cost in Redondo, and also then lease a small, but adequate/comfortable apt. or hotel extended deluxe-suite in LA or OC for work/weekdays.

On topic... ok, new round of pics, pls'!?! :tongue: Some B/W's would be nice, or track/race setting! hehe. . .

Very Clean, I love the look of your car, and great photos

Looks like Intersection Magazine is going to run a small story on the Type-R and other cool rides next month. They asked me a bunch of questions, lets see if my NSX makes it in...

NOTE: Looks like only the UK version of the magazine caries my article.

Last edited:
Back