• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Conversion: '02 Targa to COUPE Type-R JH4NA21632T000186

Re: Conversion: '02 Targa to COUPE Type-R (56k warning)

serialNSXer said:
The car is now with Jon Martin...stay tuned.
Is the whole car with Jon or just the new motor? Is it still there?

SoCalDude said:
Is the whole car with Jon or just the new motor? Is it still there?

The whole car is there.....looks awesome! Anyways hope everyone is having a good day today.....man it is hot today!!! :eek:

ediddynsx said:
The whole car is there.....looks awesome! Anyways hope everyone is having a good day today.....man it is hot today!!! :eek:
I need to check it out!

Days like this make me happy to have spent $3k having Jon fix my A/C.

Eddie, how often do you visit Jon? Seems like you know every thing going on with the NSX's down there!

Hi Gene,

I don't visit him that much like i use too....been really busy but I do drop by once in a whiles and I'll give him a buzz on the phone.

Anil's car is unreal...looks like the real type-r and when its done it will perform better. :smile:

Is it me or is it really HOT! today? :tongue:

MiamieNeSeX said:
In between bombings, shoot me an email when you can :) Armando
HEY!!! That kind'a humor is taken very seriously by the CIA types I'm sure who are monitoring this cite for unsavory types like us. Quit!

How come you keep changing your avatar? Where have all your nudie avatars gone?

Hmm...this month's Intersection magazine has a small article on my Type-R. They stitched together my many responses to their email questions, and voila, instant article. They sent me a JPEG of the article, as I can't find the magazine in New Delhi. Anyway, at least the car looks good :)

Best part is that Jon Martin has begun to strip down my 3.0 (I sold the 3.2) and build it back up to a 3.8L stroker motor. And, Vance is upgrading my gauges to the Type-R look. Saweet!

Man I think I should go to Cerritos Acura and check out your car again. :biggrin:

Let's change with mine~~~:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Very Nice Work,~~~~~:biggrin:

Last edited:

Wow - that car is going to be awesome. Are you going to do any suspension mods?

btw, - offtopic- send us some pics of India. I haven't been there in a while.

The gauge was pulled from you car yesterday, Erick installed the gauge set and painted the rings red. He will put it back in either tomorrow or Monday. Pictures will be posted once it's done.

Man, I almost had a heart attack seeing the first few "destruction" pictures. You are extremely luck that you have found someone totally capable of converting your car. More than excellent job! I would imagine lots of $$$$ were spent for the conversion.

NSXLuvr said:
Wow - that car is going to be awesome. Are you going to do any suspension mods? btw, - offtopic- send us some pics of India. I haven't been there in a while.
India has CHANGED. We ain't is Kansas any more.

Suspension mods? Yes. Looking to do a Moton set-up. Have already done all the Type-R aero parts underneath, plus the R chasiss bars.

evof575gtc said:
dont spoil the suprise just yet.
almost there
Rats. You guys will get to see my Type-R gauges BEFORE I do, like, by a full year!

I'll let you know how your car rides ;)

Re: Conversion: NSX-R Gauge Cluster

i know everyone, but especially Anil is anxious and excited to see the gauges.
this was pulled end of last week and finished the following evening.
i will squeeze in some time out of my busy schedule while im up in Long Beach tomorrow and have this in.

in the mean time. here it is.

11497DSC06254_copy.jpg

11497DSC06255_copy.jpg

11497DSC06256_copy.jpg

11497DSC06257_copy.jpg

11497DSC06259_copy.jpg

11497DSC06260_copy.jpg

11497DSC06261_copy.jpg

11497DSC06262_copy.jpg

Re: Conversion: NSX-R Gauge Cluster

I was mistaken Erick, the sparco shift light uses (3) LED's - a quick google search turned up this dual stage unit:

import-store_1916_1298358981

The two-color LED matrix provides an unmistakable indication as to which rpm stage has been reached. The first stage illuminates the yellow ultra-bright center LED. The second or final stage illuminates the outer ring of 6 ultra-bright red LED's signaling the change point. The Gizzmo dual stage shift light only requires a basic 3-wire installation, and uses a simple two-button configuration for its operation.

http://www.optionimports.com/gidustshli.html

Simply gut the shift light, and use its innards to power the dual LED's for the cluster (if you felt so compelled) :wink:

thanks for the info, i will start gutting anil's cluster for the shift lights installation immediately.

no not really im just kidding as usual.

i have a spare cluster that i will performing the operation on once i have some time spared.
wish me luck.

OMG! These look great. I can't wait to see photos of these in the car. Vance, Erick, thanks!

Short article on my NSX-R that appeared in Autumn 2006 Intersection magazine:

5608Picture_31.jpg

5608Picture_4.jpg

5608Picture_3.jpg

Congrats Anil! That was an awesome article :smile: Good job Eric too!

serialNSXer said:
OMG! These look great. I can't wait to see photos of these in the car. Vance, Erick, thanks!

NO, THANK YOU:smile:

If you didn't do the Type R conversion, I would have never done my!!! And this gauge wouldn't have happend.:smile:

Back