• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Conversion: '02 Targa to COUPE Type-R JH4NA21632T000186

Re: Conversion: '02 Targa to COUPE Type-R (56k warning)

What a great write up! The car truly sounds amazing in every aspect.

Great write up and a project that exceeded alot of prime members expectations!!!:smile: A job well done and a true NSX fan, I wish Honda could make a car like yours for the U.S.!!:smile:

Anil, 1st - Glad you made it safely back to the USA. I don't know how you could stand living in that place for that long.:tongue: J/K.
Yeah. Me neither. Delhi is a tough place to live if you need to depend on anything (i.e. water, electricity, honesty). If you are low key and able to take everything in stride, then yes, India has a lot to offer. Though even Indians will admit that living in New Delhi is the pits. New Delhi is to Mumbai what Washington DC is to NYC. Don't miss Delhi at all. I DO miss all the great friends we made there. And traveling from India is so easy, that it made the year all worth it.

Thanx for the write up!
great read!
Hope you like the GM V3! Couldnt think of any other exhaust except maybe GTone.

Nice to hear you are enjoying your project. Please post some pictures/videos for us to drool on.
Now I know how much to save up for the same built...:biggrin: wishfull thinking!

YOUR CAR IS OFFICIALLY THE BADDEST NSX PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (after some videos and pictures)

YOUR CAR IS OFFICIALLY THE BADDEST NSX PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (after some videos and pictures)

+1 for the updated photos/videos :biggrin:

It's like waiting for Christmas to come :smile:

real R seats with brand-new NA2 R covers $13K
I'm not quite sure which covers you are reffering to? engine manifold cover?
I believe the reference is to OEM NSX-R seat-coverings (Alcantara/race-type fabric, etc')... presumably to re-cover 'weathered'/worn/aged NSX-R seats towards being mint-condition.

I believe the reference is to OEM NSX-R seat-covers (Alcantara/race-type fabric, etc')... presumably to re-cover 'weathered'/worn/aged NSX-R seats.

holy toledo! $13k for covers???? Holy moly...... it's more than the cost of headers / exhausts / wheels and tires put together... geeeze!

pay-2-play...

holy toledo! $13k for covers???? Holy moly...... it's more than the cost of headers / exhausts / wheels and tires put together... geeeze!
Oh no, no! The $13k cost would presumably include (2) NSX-R CF/kevlar seats and (2) new NSX-R seat-coverings!

See...
real R seats with brand-new NA2 R covers $13K

Indeed, the OEM '02 NSX-R seats are the ultimate acquisition for the JDM NSX enthusiast! :eek:

Re: pay-2-play...

Oh no, no! The $13k cost would presumably include (2) NSX-R CF/kevlar seats and (2) new NSX-R seat-coverings!
Correct on all counts. The seats also came complete with the NA2 NSX-R electric rails, buckles, all hardware. And the new R covers took about 5 months to order from Honda Japan.

Anil,

Just wanted to congratulate on your car and building one of the ultimate street NSX's out there. Aren't you glad I pmed you about Jon Martin a few years back and told you about his 3.8L motor? Now two years later you have pretty much the most ultimate street N/A NSX ever. The only thing I can see you adding is ITB's if you want more power. But I think you are just fine with all that power on tap already. Please share videos, sounds clips and more pics when you get your car back.

Best,
Eddie

Last edited:

Sorry folks for the long delay.

Great post !!! I really enjoyed it ! I think your car is one of the best on this forum...............my other nominees include Danny (lowellhigh) and Kip Olson. It is refreshing to see someone who appreciates the value of tastefull mods that compliment the NSX instead of compromising the car. Well done !

Again, fabulous result. Your enthusiasm for your NSX is contagious. Major major thumbs up.

Anil, post some pictures!!! Dying to see the seats!!!

Anil,

Just wanted to congratulate on your car and building one of the ultimate street NSX's out there. Aren't you glad I pmed you about Jon Martin a few years back and told you about his 3.8L motor? Now two years later you have pretty much the most ultimate street N/A NSX ever. The only thing I can see you adding is ITB's if you want more power. But I think you are just fine with all that power on tap already. Please share videos, sounds clips and more pics when you get your car back.

Best,
Eddie
For sure, I'm glad you sent me to Jon. Many thanks. Besides being a master gear-head, he's just one the friendliest and most authentic people I've ever come across. The car biz is full of nice folks, but Jon is a special guy to all who know him.

As for ITBs, they will surely add some HP. But I already have more than I need, for the road. And with the instant throttle response that comes with an all NA build, the quality of power delivery makes HP seem even more than it actually is. If I needed more absolute HP, then I would consider Dali's Boostzilla -- but there's just no end to the HP race. Alas, my compadre here in Miami -- Armando -- would probably win any HP race I care to engage in (sigh).

That said, there has been some "beer-induced" discussion about what it would take to develop a custom intake with internal ITB runners, as with modern cars like my M5's VANOS system. Now this would be interesting to me as it would be inline with keeping the overall Honda stock look of my NSX-RR. But that engineering exercise if a year away, if at all...

You wil be missing an interesting dinner party Saturday but I wil give you a muligan. :) Whens the car comming back? Chin event sounds good in January, if not a field trip to Nobu before that is in order.

Armando

For sure, I'm glad you sent me to Jon. Many thanks. Besides being a master gear-head, he's just one the friendliest and most authentic people I've ever come across. The car biz is full of nice folks, but Jon is a special guy to all who know him.

As for ITBs, they will surely add some HP. But I already have more than I need, for the road. And with the instant throttle response that comes with an all NA build, the quality of power delivery makes HP seem even more than it actually is. If I needed more absolute HP, then I would consider Dali's Boostzilla -- but there's just no end to the HP race. Alas, my compadre here in Miami -- Armando -- would probably win any HP race I care to engage in (sigh).

That said, there has been some "beer-induced" discussion about what it would take to develop a custom intake with internal ITB runners, as with modern cars like my M5's VANOS system. Now this would be interesting to me as it would be inline with keeping the overall Honda stock look of my NSX-RR. But that engineering exercise if a year away, if at all...

No problem my friend, Jon is definitely a genuine guy and I would recommend every NSX owner to him. Also I do agree with you that your car is fine the way it is. I don't think you need anymore power for the street. You have plenty already to keep up with most of the modern sports cars.

As far as the custom intake is concerned.....I am sure thats something Jon probably chalked up after having a few beers or so haha....

Now for the wait on video clips of the car in action.....or else I'll have to sneak over to wherever you car is and check it out in person. :biggrin:

Keep us posted on any new info on the progress and mods on the car. :smile:

Fantastic dedication to the NSX!

Anil I'm not surprised you've had offers from folks in Dubai...just had my car at a car show and was offered $10k more than I originally paid for mine. If its rare, which we all know the NSX is, then people will pay.

PICS! PICS!! PICS!!!

Btw, do you have any final specs on the car. How much does it weight? Any dyno data?

I think his car is still in the West Coast getting tuned......

Like I said, the car was in South Florida for a while. I drove it, and sent Jon my feedback for final tuning. Then we shipped the car back to the West Coast, but it'll be back home soon. Better performance, with a rock-solid AEM tune. Maybe a wee-bit more zip, even :)

Last edited:
Back