• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Couldn't get NSX got another amazing car

I had looked for NSX's for some time and found one on autotrader.com 2 days ago for 8,000 for a 1991. Think it's a major scam, so I bought this car. Tell me what you think!

1992 Mitsu VR4 climate control, new 2 tone color leather red and black to match the car, upgraded turbos, new mitsu shortblock with 10K on it, clutch 12K on it this car looks amazing! And has muscle car quickness, and it handles amazing. People make a huge deal about it's weight, but you cannot tell. And the weight makes it a more smooth ride.

Post pics soon

People who have driving both the NSX and VR4 have unilaterally ruled in favor of the NSX. When describing the VR4, words like "pig" are typically bandied about.

It's a good looking car, and I'm sure you'll be happy with it, but --- it's no NSX.

StealthTT said:
I had looked for NSX's for some time and found one on autotrader.com 2 days ago for 8,000 for a 1991. Think it's a major scam, so I bought this car. Tell me what you think!

1992 Mitsu VR4 climate control, new 2 tone color leather red and black to match the car, upgraded turbos, new mitsu shortblock with 10K on it, clutch 12K on it this car looks amazing! And has muscle car quickness, and it handles amazing. People make a huge deal about it's weight, but you cannot tell. And the weight makes it a more smooth ride.

Post pics soon
Did I read that right???!!!
You WERE looking for a NSX and found this "1991 NSX" for $8000 and thought it was a major scam so you BOUGHT it. And the car turned out to be a 1992 VR4???!!!
So congratulations!
Steve

and it handles amazing. People make a huge deal about it's weight, but you cannot tell. And the weight makes it a more smooth ride.

No offense, if this is really what you felt, do not, wait DO NOT test drive a nsx or something simular in handling... Unless the 3000GT had been radically modified, it won't even out handle a modified accord.

Seriously, if you had driven quite a bit of cars and did some comparisons and found that the 3000GT is acceptable. Then it's definately your driving style or your driving environment doesn't involved any turns at all.

well, my dad likes to drive fast cars effortlessly, and take corners faster, but not like at the racing speed level. So... his 96 still remain his favorite car in the house...

Disclaimer: I have an accord, my dad had his 96 VR4 since new, and I had an nsx.

StealthTT said:

Post pics soon

flame bait.

satan_srv said:
Isn't the VR-4 and the Stealth TT virtually the same car?

yes.

congrats on your new ride....i think vr-4's are great looking cars.

satan_srv said:
Isn't the VR-4 and the Stealth TT virtually the same car?

With the exception of the spoiler in a different spot, I think they are identical. Why would you sell a mod'd Stealth TT for a stock VR4??? That makes no sense at all.

NetViper said:
With the exception of the spoiler in a different spot, I think they are identical. Why would you sell a mod'd Stealth TT for a stock VR4??? That makes no sense at all.

body panels, interior gadgets, head/tail lights, they all different.
Wheels are also different size too... but you are right, viper, the trade is not making sense to me either... but what do we know, don't we have some member buying and selling their nsx, only come back and buy a different year one (which they are vitually the same car) numerous time??

no no, I saw a NSX for 8,000 and I didn't even call on it. Must have soe serious issues. I thought I would get a better feedback, considering VR4's are faster.
1993 NSX 0-60 = 5.6
1994 VR4 0-60= 5.1
1993 NSX 1/4 time = 13.9
1994 VR4 1/4 time = 13.7
I didn't want a flame war, I just don't like most NSX owners bash a vr4 and have never driven one. Motor trend said it best "it's weight makes it feel like a expensive european grand tourer, and it has muscle car quickness!"

StealthTT said:
no no, I saw a NSX for 8,000 and I didn't even call on it. Must have soe serious issues. I thought I would get a better feedback, considering VR4's are faster.
1993 NSX 0-60 = 5.6
1994 VR4 0-60= 5.1
1993 NSX 1/4 time = 13.9
1994 VR4 1/4 time = 13.7
I didn't want a flame war, I just don't like most NSX owners bash a vr4 and have never driven one. Motor trend said it best "it's weight makes it feel like a expensive european grand tourer, and it has muscle car quickness!"

Guess it is time for you to go find a VR4 site. Cya!

StealthTT said:
1993 NSX 0-60 = 5.6
1994 VR4 0-60= 5.1
1993 NSX 1/4 time = 13.9
1994 VR4 1/4 time = 13.7

my friends has VR4 TT, he has all the crazy mods like giant turbos, custom transmission, carbon fibre drive shaft, big brakes etc...he does all his own work too (last time we put the tranny back in it almost squished me :biggrin:) its fast and stuff, but even he says it feels kinda porky, that being said he has a very fast car after all the modification :biggrin:

its hard to get around the fact it weigh's 3800 lbs, i think the stealth tt wieghs like 200 lbs less, either way, its a nice car but very very different than an nsx in almost every way.

I love NSX's that's why I am on the forum. I know NSX's handle better, and feel lighter to drive, but yall shouldn't bash a VR4 sooo bad. If I said I bought a ford probe ok, flame away... But VR4's are considered jap supercars just like NSX's in the early 90's.. For those who said its a nice car thanks, I will post pics last this week..

StealthTT said:
1993 NSX 0-60 = 5.6
1994 VR4 0-60= 5.1
1993 NSX 1/4 time = 13.9
1994 VR4 1/4 time = 13.7

Since when did enthusiasts care what Motor Trend says? 3000GT is not even in the same category as NSX. Its like comparing a Lotus Elise with a Subaru Impreza...

Sound fishy?? help ASAP

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in purchasing my car (1995 Acura NSX TARGA).
I have worked in USA for the past 6 months and I purchased the car there.
My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in UK.
I didn't bring it home with me because the car's steering wheel is on the left side, and so it's
difficult driving it around the UK.
The vehicle is in good condition, has no technical damage at all, no scratches or dents, no hidden
defects, no smoking, remaining warranty available. Buy it now price is 8,000 USD (including shipping&insurance taxes).

--------------------------
Do you guys believe this? Should I buy it?

Re: Sound fishy?? help ASAP

A 10 year old car with ramaining warranty? $8000 for a car worth $35K or more?

What do you think? btw.. I'll bet he wants his money by Western Union, or some other irrevocable wire transfer method.

According to W.C. Fields, he may find someone, but I advise you to stay away.

He said it's in a warehouse near denver, and I am near denver. He said I could look it over if I wanted to.. hmmm

StealthTT said:
He said it's in a warehouse near Denver, and I am near Denver. He said I could look it over if I wanted to.. hmmm

I saw that add too! Here are the other things he said he had for sale:

- a bridge in Brooklyn
- a bucket of steam
- some swamp land in Florida
- Mojo
- The holy grail
- A grilled cheese sandwich with a remarkable likeness to the NSX

Seriously - it is a scam. I don't know why these scammers are so stupid. If they said it was for $27,000 they would get a lot more interest. At $8k they can drive to any dealership in the country and get cash on the spot for more then that.

Also - why is it allways $8k in these scams. Do people REALLY fall for this or is this the troll bait of choice these days?

:confused:

VR4=nice car(better than most people have!)
NSX=supercar(most people only dream about!)
If I were him I would have waited a little longer because I know I got sick
of my mitsubishi and took a hit on the resale unlike a nsx which seems to
hold a steady value.One day young jedi warrior you will use the nsxforce.

nsxscool said:
VR4=nice car(better than most people have!)
NSX=supercar(most people only dream about!)
If I were him I would have waited a little longer because I know I got sick
of my mitsubishi and took a hit on the resale unlike a nsx which seems to
hold a steady value.One day young jedi warrior you will use the nsxforce.

I second that :smile:

nsxcool thats for a nice post that wasn't bashing my car. VR4's are nice, I love it, there not as rare as NSX's but you don't see a ton of them. And i think there resale value will climb as more get junked and they become more rare of a car..

Back