• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Covid Vaccine

I am one who never had a hint of a reaction to vaccines and that includes flue and Shingrix vaccines. I had my first Pfeizer 3 weeks ago and did not have any side effect not even a sore injection area. I had my second Pfeizer on Thursday and came home with no reaction at all. Went to bed early at 10:30 and woke up a half hour later with the most vicious and intense muscle and bone pains and symptoms similar to a real nasty flue. Spent a horrible night with 1000 mg of Tylenol in me. Finally went to sleep at 5am. Woke up 2 hours later with no symptoms at all. Strangest thing ever.....

yep that was like me but with moderna...

My first shot was around 9:30 in the morning and by 7 pm my shoulder was pretty sore, but otherwise I was fine. The next morning I was a bit tired and fell asleep for 30 mins around lunch and then felt fine.

My second shot was around 3 pm, and by 7 pm I was ready for bed, but the next morning (yesterday) I felt pretty normal. My arm isn’t anywhere near as sore, but I have been taking 800 mg ibuprofens every 7 ish hours.

Some friends got their second dose this week also, and had a good bit of aches. We all got the Pfizer shot.

As your shot is late, I would think you would be fine driving, but the daughters may be feeling effects by then. Perhaps an overnight stay in Utica?

Last edited:
My first shot was around 9:30 in the morning and by 7 pm my shoulder was pretty sore, but otherwise I was fine. The next morning I was a bit tired and fell asleep for 30 mins around lunch and then felt fine.

My second shot was around 3 pm, and by 7 pm I was ready for bed, but the next morning (yesterday) I felt pretty normal. My arm isn’t anywhere near as sore, but I have been taking 800 mg ibuprofens every 7 ish hours.

Some friends got their second dose this week also, and had a good bit of aches. We all got the Pfizer shot.

As your shot is late, I would think you would be fine driving, but the daughters may be feeling effects by then. Perhaps an overnight stay in Utica?

Thanks. Can’t stay overnight since girls need to be back and teach tomorrow and I need to be back in court. Plus there is more snow on the way so we got lucky with a 30 hour window for 600 miles of driving.

Stop 1:

74956644-4548-4B29-8ECE-8163047E1C3E.jpg

Last edited:
After 5 hours of constant refreshing the state site I managed to sign up for a cancellation at the same time as one of my daughters tomorrow. Thanks to age related disc dessication I am about an inch shorter these days which calculation technically puts me at a BMI that qualifies for priority vaccination under NYS rules by .1%. Since I have to drive them anyway I’m hoping they will take my calculations and let me have one too.

For those who have had a reaction how soon was the onset? We have a 300 mile drive back and all three of us would be getting the vaccine and I want to make sure one of us feels well enough to drive.

For those that have a reaction it, it's not instantaneous. My sore arm took a couple of hours on the Pfizer, and the first one that was it. My sister on the Moderna, felt horrible for 3 days afterwards, but her significant other nothing. It's individual, but from those I know, it seems more reaction to Moderna, and you'll have a few hours before it sets in if it's going to.

That’s a lotta driving to get a vaccine. Glad you guys got it done.

My job secured a bunch of the Mederna version of the Vax. I decided not to get it, but lots of people I work with got it some experienced real bad side effects from it some did not. My reason for not getting the vax is I have already had COVID and Cary a ton of the antibodies. I must have been asymptomatic. I know I was exposed to it regularly at my job we were forced to work in unsafe conditions for long hours. At the beginning we had to fight to wear masks and were denied for three months. Now they are threatening to fire people if they don’t wear one. My Antibodies test came back are 2x the level needed to be considered immune. I lived in close proximity to my family and they never got it or if they did my entire family is asymptomatic.

Last edited:
You bring up an interesting scenario, [MENTION=13630]DRIFTER[/MENTION]. Society seems to be moving toward requiring proof of vaccination for all kinds of things. Does that mean already-immune people will have to get the shot just to meet the letter of the law, or will there be accommodations made? I'm sure the powers that be are afraid of allowing any exceptions, as that opens the door to a variety of loopholes. Common sense would tell you the important thing is to have the population be immune, not necessarily vaccinated, but as we've seen over the past year our decision-makers are going much more on politics and emotion than facts and common sense.

If it gets required black market will respond with replicas I bet they are already available. Most of the healthcare workers I know that deal with it first hand are passing on it most have already had it. But I haven’t seen any place that is requiring it. I did have to show a negative test to go in and see my dying grandmother in the hospital. It don’t make sense for me to take a Vax that could otherwise be useful to someone who is at risk for a piece of paper.

Last edited:
If it gets required black market will respond with replicas I bet they are already available. Most of the healthcare workers I know that deal with it first hand are passing on it most have already had it. But I haven’t seen any place that is requiring it. I did have to show a negative test to go in and see my dying grandmother in the hospital. It don’t make sense for me to take a Vax that could otherwise be useful to someone who is at risk for a piece of paper.

I'm seeing some articles that are suggesting that those that have had the virus, should only get 1 dose of the vaccine, to be fully protected, not two.

Got my first Moderna this past Saturday at a CVS about 3 miles from my house. I felt a little tired with overall muscle soreness yesterday and, better today. Last April my wife tested positive for Covid antibodies which some say may mean she had it. If she did I'm sure I did.

From running my own business I am used to just pushing through if I feel lousy. If I took off for sick it meant I was in the hospital

Last edited:
Interesting studies showing if one house hold member has covid, only 50% in house actually get it. She’s how’s little we knew of the virus still.

I got my first Pfizer last week in the early evening. By midnight had extremely lucid dreams and hallucinations.

Told my buddy wasn’t sure if it was Pfizer vaccine or molly lol.

Not much out there on that, but read if you have had shingles can produce varying neurological side effects.

Last edited:
#2 done. Proceeded to work after the shot. 24hrs later no reaction but I was mildly fatigued last evening. Took a 20 min nap around 730pm and felt normal after. btw, I actively massaged my shoulder and performed various rotational movement, stretches, and exercises after getting stabbed... My arm pain is significantly lower than the first time.

Last edited:
Went for round 1 of Moderna today. I feel "mildly unwell" for lack of a better term, kind of a combination of feeling buzzed and feeling like I've had too much coffee.

The injection site is a bit sore but my arm overall feels okay, I did some light arm and shoulder lifts immediately after getting home from the vax site to maybe that helped?

Edit: 48 hours since vaccination, feel fine but the injection spot is still slightly tender.

Last edited:
Another 600 mile round trip yesterday for 3 of us to get dose 2 of Pfizer and my wife to get first dose. A little more sore but otherwise no worse for the wear. Heading to Court for a typical day.

For those that have a reaction it, it's not instantaneous. My sore arm took a couple of hours on the Pfizer, and the first one that was it. My sister on the Moderna, felt horrible for 3 days afterwards, but her significant other nothing. It's individual, but from those I know, it seems more reaction to Moderna, and you'll have a few hours before it sets in if it's going to.

My wife, my MIL and I got our 2nd shots on friday. We got the Pfizer shots. All of us had no reactions other than a sore shoulder for a day or 2. Seems like the Moderna shots have a bit more reactions from what I've heard.

So nice to see so many having more or less positive outcomes here. I have one last hold-out on my staff that refuses to get the vaccine. She's only one and hope herd immunity protects her. Unfortunately she's on the high risk spectrum (overweight, etc) but she's also had CV19 some months ago. I have read that if your body has built up the immunity naturaly there is still a chance you could get it much worse from a different strain? Whereas the vaccine offers a wider range of coverage? I'm very very early in my research so this could be hogwash. As her employer i'm not going to force to get it being that the rest of my staff will be vaccinated.

Back