• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Covid Vaccine

Another 600 mile round trip yesterday for 3 of us to get dose 2 of Pfizer and my wife to get first dose. A little more sore but otherwise no worse for the wear. Heading to Court for a typical day.

Almost exactly 24 hours after second dose mild flu-like symptoms hit me and one daughter. Low grade fever, chills, body aches. Hit me in court around 4 pm and left at 5:30, home at 6 and asleep before 7. Other than being a little tired this morning from over-sleeping the other symptoms have subsided.

Other daughter got hers at 8 am same day so wonder if she just slept through any reaction since she was earlier in the day.

Last edited:
Got my second (Moderna) shot 3PM on 3/15

Arm a bit sore (but only if I raised it)….
Dinner, a Tylenol, TV… bedtime at 9PM, a Tylenol, sleep.

3/16…
Shave, shower, breakfast, a Tylenol… arm still a bit sore.
10:30AM… I start to feel wonky… as morning progresses feel worse and worse.
Noon, two Tylenol, feel rotten, Temp 99.9, take a pillow and blanket and lie down on the couch…
Fall asleep.
1:30PM, wake up feel a bit better, two Tylenol, eat small lunch, continue to lounge.
6PM, temp normal, two Tylenol, dinner, TV, bed at 9PM.

3/17
Feel fine, arm fine, no more Tylenol.

H
(My wife got her second shot when I got mine and had no after effects other than a slightly swollen and sore arm.)
(My younger sister had a fever and was sick to her stomach for two days after her second Pfizer dose.)

Last edited:
My wifey got the first Pfizer vaccine dose this week. She report a few sniffles the next day, but we are all suffering allergies right now, so....

Glad Ohio is opening up eligibility. Currently open to 50 and above.

Second Pfizer this evening at 6pm. No side effects yet. Like I didn’t even get it. Injection site is not even sore.

Edit - 24 hours after dull headache and 101 fever.

Last edited:
My parents just got their second dose last weekend. My father had zero symptoms other than he said his shoulder hurt when he did push ups. Duh! He was stabbed with a needle. My mom on the other hand had every side effect. Aches, fever, injection site pain, etc. Both the first shot and second shots. But after 2-3 days she was back to normal. Such a relief for me since my parents are pretty elderly.

The wife and I got our first shots (Moderna) on Saturday. We both felt a little pain in the arm that night and on Sunday but no other side effects. We'll see how the second shots go in 4 weeks.

I got Moderna dose 1 on Friday afternoon...dull pain in arm until 6 hours later, arm was extremely painful. Spent all day Saturday working on Honcho's car so I think that helped work out some soreness but still pretty sore Saturday night.

Sunday afternoon pretty brutal headache set in with a mild fever. Fever was gone this morning but headache persists.

Girlfriend got Pfizer round 1 on Saturday. Reported terribly sore arm yesterday but no other side effects.

Glad so many are getting the vaccines. It really does help to suppress viral load in the exposed inoculated person.I am seeing little to no symptoms in the fully vaccinated who live with someone who was not vaccinated and was sick.

Got Pfizer #1 on Saturday. Very small amount of arm soreness, but I was working on the car, so that probably helped. Felt more tired than normal that evening, went to bed early, then up and down all day Sunday between fatigue and feeling totally fine. Very slight headache on Sunday. Felt 100% by dinner time on Sunday.

Last edited:
Wife and 20 y/o twin daughters received Pfizer first dose two weeks ago - zero side effects other than mild soreness in arm. Son 21 y/o gets his first dose Friday.

Wife and 20 y/o twin daughters received Pfizer first dose two weeks ago - zero side effects other than mild soreness in arm. Son 21 y/o gets his first dose Friday.

what state are you in?

I got my 1st Pfizer dose last week with only mild arm soreness for a day.

My wife also got her 1st Pfizer dose yesterday and this morning, she wasn't wholly enjoying her Taylor ham, egg, and cheese on a toasted plain bagel breakfast. She couldn't smell or taste it.

My Army sons got their 2nd Moderna doses -- one experienced zero effects and the other mild flu-like symptoms.

Last edited:
Glad to see NY opening up the qualifications....I'm a Staten Islander transplanted to NEPA

Bay Ridge / Dyker heights...the good old days Bentlys/MT pockets...

I got Moderna #2 last Thursday afternoon, then did an arm and shoulder workout right after. Started to feel sore that night and ended up barely sleeping. On Friday I felt like I got hit by a truck, I had a mild fever of about 100F, body aches, and chills. I woke up on Saturday feeling 90% fine and was back to pretty much 100% by Sunday. Very bizarre experience.

yep and do you really want to be injected with a sputnik.....

I got my first Pfizer dose yesterday. I got dizziness, mild fatigue, and chills the first day. In fact I was dizzy within a few minutes of the shot. My arm started getting sore and today it feels like I’ve been punched a few times in the shoulder. It’s very hard to raise my hand higher than my head. However today’s body symptoms are improved over yesterday.

I got Moderna [URL=http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] last Thursday afternoon, then did an arm and shoulder workout right after. Started to feel sore that night and ended up barely sleeping. On Friday I felt like I got hit by a truck, I had a mild fever of about 100F, body aches, and chills. I woke up on Saturday feeling 90% fine and was back to pretty much 100% by Sunday. Very bizarre experience.

This is what I’m anticipating when I get #2 in two weeks... I keep hearing similar stories about moderna lately

Back