• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC NSX to G5 Viper TA

Greetings everyone - I recently sold my amazing CTSC NSX to get back into a viper. I owned a gen 2 for many years and when I saw the new Gen 5 come out, I fell in love instantly.

I wanted to to share a little info since I really loved my NSX, and I know I will miss it dearly. If I could own multiple cars right now, I have no doubt the NSX would still be in my stable. That being said, the gen V viper is absolutely incredible. It is by far one of the most engaging driving experiences I have ever had. It's a completely different animal then the NSX. It's actually not fair to compare the 2. They both are amazing in their own unique way. The viper is a toque monster and the TA model(time attack) has incredible mechanical grip. They did an awesome job improving the overall car inside and out with more quality pieces but still kept that raw, brute force the viper is known for. I don't have any regrets yet selling the NSX, but I know it will always hold a special place in my heart. I hope to get another one some day along with some other cars if my finances allow. Here is a review of my NSX is case anyone is interested:

https://autosist.com/the-nsx-a-timeless-machine/

I wanted to thank the NSX prime community for all the amazing memories. A huge part of the NSX ownership I think is in the awesome people you meet at all the drives, events, etc. It's been a true pleasure and definitely made my NSX experience that much more memorable!

Here are some pics of the viper. I drove it back from Denver to Cali in about 13 hours ;).

2014 Viper TA #55 /93

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 382
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
what is the difference between this car and the acr? What tires are on the car?..what is the resale price market action for these?

what is the difference between this car and the acr? What tires are on the car?..what is the resale price market action for these?

ACR has better suspension, brakes, custom tires that were just made for the ACR by Khumo, and TONS of Aero. The TA is a much more streetable viper along with many track focused elements. The TA came out in 2014 and set the Laguna Seca record, and then the ACR came out in 2016 and now holds the title (along with many other track records). The motor is essentially the same between all vipers. In 2015, they got a 5 hp increase from 640 to 645. I think many people don't realize this and once production stops again on the viper in 2017, prices will start to creep up again across most vipers. You can get into a base model for 70-80k. The TA's are holding their value pretty well and go for 80-90k and the ACR is marked up quite a bit and is going for 120-150k depending on options.

thanks ......

I love how the Viper and Z06 keep it real with true manuals - and keep breaking records on the track; whereas all the other manufacturer's and their apologists say that the stick is outdated and DCTs are the only solution in the speed wars.

That is an awesome color combo. Very nice choice! The acr looks way too busy with aero crap for a street car with an enormous mid life crisis wing. The TA looks less juvenile for the street in my opinion. I like it! I read many years ago that the side exit exhaust gets the rockers very hot. What have been your thoughts on them?
I also find it kind of comical that most of your pictures are at gas stations. Gotta feed the beast frequently.:biggrin:
A fine upgrade from the X.

That is an awesome color combo. Very nice choice! The acr looks way too busy with aero crap for a street car with an enormous mid life crisis wing. The TA looks less juvenile for the street in my opinion. I like it! I read many years ago that the side exit exhaust gets the rockers very hot. What have been your thoughts on them?
I also find it kind of comical that most of your pictures are at gas stations. Gotta feed the beast frequently.:biggrin:
A fine upgrade from the X.

agreed 100%!! The acr is bad ass but the TA is much more streetable. The big seller was the orange paint and only can get that on the TA. The GTS has more bells and whistles but I fell in love with the orange :). The side exhaust was an issue on the older generation vipers but they have improved dramatically. It still gets hot but no where close to burning your legs getting out unless you are driving it really hard and literally make contact with the exhaust outlet itself which is very hard to do. Lol on gas comment. It does eat it up pretty good when your on it. Just cruising though I averaged 19 mpg so not too bad!!

- - - Updated - - -

I love how the Viper and Z06 keep it real with true manuals - and keep breaking records on the track; whereas all the other manufacturer's and their apologists say that the stick is outdated and DCTs are the only solution in the speed wars.

it is pretty amazing! 3 pedals are dying breed. This gen 5 viper will be the last v10 manual since they are stopping production in 2017. If the viper ever comes back, it will most likely be FI and offer DCT.

Last edited:
agreed 100%!! The acr is bad ass but the TA is much more streetable. The big seller was the orange paint and only can get that on the TA. The GTS has more bells and whistles but I fell in love with the orange :). The side exhaust was an issue on the older generation vipers but they have improved dramatically. It still gets hot but no where close to burning your legs getting out unless you are driving it really hard and literally make contact with the exhaust outlet itself which is very hard to do. Lol on gas comment. It does eat it up pretty good when your on it. Just cruising though I averaged 19 mpg so not too bad.

Yeah a guy who works out at my gym has the ACR, it looks pretty bad ass. But it just screams boy racer. My wife looked at it and said, no! You are not buying one! Fortunately I have her approval for the gtr but I am still on the fence in terms of body styling. A black one I could totally buy. Any other color, definitely not.

Last edited:
Great purchase, can't go wrong with 640hp, 6-spd and a huge infotainment screen. Not many cars can tick so many boxes. I would love to have a GenV and will someday. All the best!

Just step up and buy a fast car already!

.lol I'm slow at buying anything theses days........:redface:

Congrats! Too bad the Viper communities are pretty horrible.

You couldn't be more accurate... I own both and belong to both communities and I have never seen so many cocky ruthless self centered people online.. yet this community for the most part is friendly and helpful.. I have my own theory to why it is this way.....

Attachments

• DSCN1497.jpg
    DSCN1497.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 60
  • $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 59
You couldn't be more accurate... I own both and belong to both communities and I have never seen so many cocky ruthless self centered people online.. yet this community for the most part is friendly and helpful.. I have my own theory to why it is this way.....

the folks on DriveViper are not too bad. Definitely not like NSX prime. ViperAlley is the worst

There's one particular....person who is the worst on the Alley and tends to annoy on Drive & Viperclub, but I think he mostly stays in the Gen I/II world. As a whole I really don't like the community (or a lot of the owners), although the G5 section seems to be (relatively) the best out of all the gen communities. However there are some cool guys out there.. they just arent the norm, which is sad since I really like the cars.

years ago I instructed a viper club event at pocono....yowza..talk about stereotypes...all the dudes were over 50 trying way too hard to hold on to 20......chest toupees....chains....and everyone was hitting on my GF at the time...awesome..:rolleyes:

years ago I instructed a viper club event at pocono....yowza..talk about stereotypes...all the dudes were over 50 trying way too hard to hold on to 20......chest toupees....chains....and everyone was hitting on my GF at the time...awesome..:rolleyes:

I have been a Viper owner for 15 years and am proud of both my gold chains and strapping chest hair. Not sure you want to play the stereotype card as a long time NSX owner... There is a type there as well and having your girlfriend hit on plays right into it. :wink:

.indeed , but some are more metro than others....:wink:

occasionally I've thought about a viper... but, the hood is so long!
I'm so used to the stubby little nose on the NSX i'd be scared of smashing into things by accident...

occasionally I've thought about a viper... but, the hood is so long!
I'm so used to the stubby little nose on the NSX i'd be scared of smashing into things by accident...

its not too bad and you get used to it. The car is surprisingly light <3300 lbs and shorter than a 911 turbo. Definitely raw and a different driving experience then NSX - not for the faint of heart

its not too bad and you get used to it. The car is surprisingly light <3300 lbs and shorter than a 911 turbo. Definitely raw and a different driving experience then NSX - not for the faint of heart

.or the bare of chest..................:biggrin:

Back