• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

custom intercooler by EFREN BULIT

4EXOT1C-NSX

Suspended
Sup everyone,
So my NSX is down for a full custom twin turbo build. i mean everything is custom from exhaust manifold,charge pipes,down pipes,exhaust,intercoolers,and etc..Efren is the builder located out in Ontario,ca. My car isnt done yet but here are a few samples of his work. Let me know ur thoughts......thanx

Attachments

• IMG_8771.jpg
    IMG_8771.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 653
  • IMG_8772.jpg
    IMG_8772.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 590
  • IMG_8780.jpg
    IMG_8780.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_8790.jpg
    IMG_8790.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_8794.jpg
    IMG_8794.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 544
Subscribed to see something different! Looks like you're off to a good start already. :biggrin:

so no mufflers? and when the car sit on the ground I dont think your gonna have room inless you pipe the new muffler to come out the side or center, not sure this was fully thought out.

as for the intercooler being near the super hot muffler, this super heat is going to heat the intercoolers to the point you have gained nothing, people put the intercooler where there is less to no heat and is cooled by the air from the movment of the car.

not bashing it

just my 2 cents

this will be interesting to see the end results

Last edited:
so no mufflers? and when the car sit on the ground I dont think your gonna have room inless you pipe the new muffler to come out the side or center, not sure this was fully thought out.

as for the intercooler being near the super hot muffler, this super heat is going to heat the intercoolers to the point you have gained nothing, people put the intercooler where there is less to no heat and is cooled by the air from the movment of the car.

not bashing it

just my 2 cents

this will be interesting to see the end results

I think he's going center exit exhaust.

yeah its gonna be a center exit...i was gonna do a top mount but i think there is more heat issues there..so the builder recommend me to fo to the lower point where there is always cool air versus trap heat in the top..

I love this car but I :eek: when I seen how much tire is getting contact. Goodluck with build!

Yea, your rear tires are the wrong size dude.

Sup everyone,
..Efren is the builder located out in Ontario,ca. My car isnt done yet but here are a few samples of his work. Let me know ur thoughts......thanx

Beautiful craftsmanship on the intercoolers! I would love to see them mounted VERTCALLY inside the rear quarter panels so that your side ducts were the inlets, and maybe some louvers on the top of the fenders (centered over the wheel well) to exhaust in a low pressure zone (low pressure created by the raised louvers themselves}. I would even put some understated scoops (carbon fiber) on the leading edge of the side vents (ala original Ford GT) and make the scoops have a taller opening than stock side vents, & blend that larger opening into the rear quarter.

I believe you would achieve a much greater throughput on the coolers & the air would be cooler to start! But if you want to get REAL creative, why not wrap the coolers with freon lines & pressurize them via your AC compressor!

thanx for the input...i will keep all this in mind.

The MAIN reason for alternate placement consideration is I would hate to see those beautiful intercoolers trashed by all of the normal road rash that occurs under a car after a few thousand miles! Even if you sheilded them with screens, they'll never be as nice......and then you have to remember to clean the screens?

i will keep all this input in mind..i rarely drive my car mainly just to shows and events and sometimes on the weekends.....i greatly appraciate ur thoughts and inputs...

Last edited:
if you didnt notice the car has a diffuser that will duct the air through the intercoolers then will pass the exhaust so wont heat the intercoolers...

some new updates....polished out the valve cover and few other stuff. Started on the exhaust. Kinda switch up the design a little to show the welds. Fantastic job. more updates coming soon

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 255
  • temp(3).jpg
    temp(3).jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 250
  • temp(4).jpg
    temp(4).jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,011
if you didnt notice the car has a diffuser that will duct the air through the intercoolers then will pass the exhaust so wont heat the intercoolers...

um.... just gonna toss this out there… but diffusers are designed for air to travel under them... with high pressure areas in front, back, left and right of the intercooler's and exhaust system..you have essentially created a vacuum where air will not want to go at all…. maybe air from the engine compartment.. but it is a vacuum chanber as well

But in theory you were thinking along the right terms

Nice car! The craftsmanship is amazing! Wish I could weld like that....

How did you polish the valve covers? Did you coat them with anything afterwards to prevent the magnesium oxidation? I would like to either polish mine, or send them out to be black-chromed.

With those shiny valve covers and sweet-looking engine, have you considered painting the engine bay black? I think that would look really nice as opposed to the red. I have a red one too and my engine is currently out - my engine bay will be painted all black.

Thanks,

Dave

some new updates....polished out the valve cover and few other stuff. Started on the exhaust. Kinda switch up the design a little to show the welds. Fantastic job. more updates coming soon
Something I would consider is to have the exhaust tips come thru the diffuser and have them angle cut to match the slope of the diffuser. This way the exhaust can increase the air velocity of the air passing under the diffuser..... well it'll make for a nice story at the local car show! :)

attachment.php

Back