• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dear Santa, toys for my NA2 White NSX ~ :)

Another picture prior to the install:

IMG_0187.jpg

You can see the big size difference between my old diffuser and the new one with very long fins. I finished the install last night and everything was pretty straight-forward. The piece is VERY LOW to the ground so don't expect to go over any steep driveways!

The lowest point on the ground is going to be where your rear lower brace is located however that is really not the biggest issue. As long as you avoid speed bumps that can be avoided but the big problem I see is inclines. I am super careful and after only a 30 minute drive to stop off at Lowe's, the rear end scraped on the way out of the store.

I will try to take some good pictures later this weekend but going off a reference, the rear fins on my lowered NSX is roughly 2" off the ground which is less than the width of an iPhone.

Only time will tell how this will work but I would advise this piece for weekend or show cars but forget it on daily drivers!

This is what my old diffuser clearance looks like, plenty of safety for a daily driver. Now imagine less than 2" for the fins on the new one....

IMG_4427.jpg

Ok so I finished the install of my new Difflow diffuser over the weekend and here's my review. First let me say this piece has dramatically changed the rear of my car! :biggrin: In a good way as I always thought the 02+ NSX rear was missing something. This new piece really gives the car the exotic look it deserves and ties in with my low stance, BBS LM's and the LED lights up front to give the car a truly modern sports car. (However the more I look at the car now I want the LED rear taillights).

Anyways this was the first mod in over a year on my car so as you can see I don't add garbage parts to my car just because. I was skeptical of most CF or fiberglass pieces but so far this aluminum piece has far exceeded me expectations.

Before I go to pictures let me say however there is one caveat. I do not daily drive my car so it's not a big deal however for those of you who plan to use this with a daily driver, either don't lower your car (which would look ugly IMO, or don't get one). My car is pretty slammed and even before the diffuser it was already limited in most angular driveway access but now it's nearly impossible to enter any driveway with even a mild abrupt angle.

Some notes I took while installing:

a) No drilling of any holes required as it clamps onto the OEM rear lower brace on the underside of the chassis and has 4 pressure clamps that attach the piece to the OEM rear diffuser on the edge near the bumper. It does have provisions for 2 holes to be drilled into the rear OEM lower bumper for security and I opted for this route just to be safe.
b) Fitment is nearly spot but I would recommend two guys to install it.
c) The hardware is all very high quality stainless steel however we had some trouble with the 4 bolts near the chassis brace not threading into the nut side. After further examination we found out it’s due to the metal not being pressed far enough so we trimmed it with a Dremel and no more issues.

Overall, very happy with this product and Glen is a very upfront with great customer service. We are planning to stock this product at our shop for those locals that are interested.

Now onto the pictures!

Easy install once the rear end is jacked up to gain access to the underside of the car:
IMG_0189.jpg

Lowest point on the car is where the chassis brace is located:
IMG_0195.jpg

However the problematic area is the rear fins since this area will hit first if you enter a steep driveway:
IMG_0192.jpg

Overall this diffuser really gives the car a very aggressive and mean appearance from the rear and I’m a happy camper:
IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

looks great rick, any wider overall shots of the vehicle from a 3/4 angle?

pw. i will contact u in about a month re the LEDs!

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

LOOKS SICCKKKKK MAN!!!

I can't wait for the real pics!

BTW< will reply your pm later today! :biggrin:

Oscar

Ric how much is your car lowered? It looks great but man is that low... feels like it would be a real problem, essentially the rear point is coming down 3-4 inches it looks like.

Most awesome.

hey guys,

I have not changed the height or stance for many years now as it's really got a perfect footprint right now with the drop on the LM's (*18/19")

Certainly it's not dumped but it's definitely not for the faint of heart guys as it's tricky to drive unless you are experienced. Nothing rubs for my weekend trips but I would not drive it on the track at this height for sure.

The BIGGEST issue I see is not speed bumps since I already know from my experience what speed bumps will hit my lower chassis brace and I just avoid those. But many times you have to enter or exit shops, gas stations and other day to day things and those you cannot always avoid. Taking up the entire ramp to enter is not always feasible either with other cars and traffic so I would say plan your routes ahead of time!

this is a good side profile shot so you can see the drop:

IMG_4036.jpg

your nsx can pull it off due to its darker color imo, which i imagine would look really slick.
Looks good on light colors too, look at synths car. :wink: imo if you dont have a diffuser yeah leave it body color. I only painted mine black because I plan on getting a diffuser.

Last edited:
I definitely prefer the white color for a bit of contrast so won't be painting it. I think this is more personal preference, has nothing to do with lighter or darker colors....

Too busy planning for SEMA this year but will try to do a better photoshoot when I get some free time.

Oscar, shoot me a PM man :) I have to agree with you, the rear protruding lip really makes this diffuser different from the Downforce piece. I think the over-hang makes it look better (my 2 cents)

IMG_0197.jpg

????? Absolutely NOT! Please, do not do that! :) That white peace of the 02+ difusor is just what makes the 02+rear so beautiful!

Obviously I disagree. :) Rick can always vinyl wrap that centerpiece black so the center section looks more seamless from a design standpoint. I won't take credit for this idea as Bat was the guy that inspired me to paint my center section. Best decision I ever made! :biggrin:

Obviously I disagree. :) Rick can always vinyl wrap that centerpiece black so the center section looks more seamless from a design standpoint. I won't take credit for this idea as Bat was the guy that inspired me to paint my center section. Best decision I ever made! :biggrin:

Really? Somehow I think buying an Imola Orange NSX was the best decision you ever made... :tongue:

I'm with brooklynzson and synth. I think black is better with the diffusor in place. Vinyl or tape it and see.

The difflow diffuser looks great on your car S4PLAY.

Obviously with the lower ride height, scraping will happen on inclines/speed bumps. I do have more diffusers in stock if anyone is interested, please PM me! Let's get these beautiful diffusers on some more cars! :)

The difflow diffuser looks great on your car S4PLAY.

Obviously with the lower ride height, scraping will happen on inclines/speed bumps. I do have more diffusers in stock if anyone is interested, please PM me! Let's get these beautiful diffusers on some more cars! :)

Great product, I agree with certain mods there is always a trade-off and I'm very happy with the look on my car! Definitely one of the better decisions I made :)

rick

Back