• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Difflow NSX Diffusers... coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NSX Diffusers... coming soon.

I personally like more than 4 fins. That's me though. Any updates on your 91-01 diffusers?

I personally like more than 4 fins. That's me though. Any updates on your 91-01 diffusers?

It will be a month before I have a chance to start working on a 91-01 diffuser, we are getting a lot of orders right now for the 02+ diffusers that we have to crank out.

We've dropped the price to $600+shipping.

If anyone would like a diffuser, please PM me! :)

It's no problem at all for us to eliminate/add some fins for you, to make a 4 or 3 element diffuser - just let me know. :) We had one Lotus customer with a 3 element diffuser run over a deer on the highway. The fins sliced up the deer pretty good. He wished he had a 5 or 7 element to slice up the deer more.

Good to know that you're able to do this. Time to trash my DF cf diffuser.

Won't happen.

1. Not enough surface area to bolt this diffuser on
2. Production volume will be too low since the average person that can't afford (not directing it at u) to upgrade to the "better" rear valance probably don't have coin for this unit.

OP said in if there are enough interest, he will make one. Hoping he can make it.

Re: Difflow Diffusers for the NSX

Please let me know when they are available. :biggrin:

Will it clear my Pride V2 exhaust?

Isn't the angle on the Seibon valance different than the 02 or DF valance?

Not sure about the angle, but Seibon doesn't use the "fangs". I have a feeling the diffuser is attached to the valance via the fang bolts.

Can you give us a strait on shot, kind of close up? Do the fins align with the vertical lines in the valence?

Can somebody post a pic of the seibon bumper? Then I can tell if it will fit or not. Our diffusers are the same angle as the 02+ bumpers, and the front of the diffusers are pretty much parallel to the ground.

dc746a6731caa2e67ea883b0f58f2fdf.jpg

2c019455ed14f2446af0ace26af33e62.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

BTW qu1Z [Glenn], you keep referring the NSX's years as "2002-2006". It should be "2002-2005". It's also incorrect on your website.

BTW qu1Z [Glenn], you keep referring the NSX's years as "2002-2006". It should be "2002-2005". It's also incorrect on your website.

Thanks I'll get that fixed.

I'll let you all know when a 91-01 diffuser is created.

I'm waiting for the version 2 he's making which has sharper edges on the diffuser rather than it being rounded off. :)

Again, I REALLY want to see another photo. I want to see a photo from THIS angle in order to see the true profile of the diffuser mounted:

5626574426_1ee885e125_o.jpg

Last edited:

Here's the best pic I have from the side of our prototype.

Attachments

• CIMG0497.jpg
    CIMG0497.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 290

Not sure if this is part of the design or performance, but would it be possible to have the diffuser flush with the valance?

Attachments

• 291862_217814571603756_146604452058102_646517_3249709_n.jpg
    291862_217814571603756_146604452058102_646517_3249709_n.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 216

Flush would leave a small gap in between the rear bumper and diffuser. And yes, the further it sticks out the better so we are going to keep it out.

I had a question on the way the rear bracket mounts. I only looked at the video, but it looked like you are hooking the edge of the rear valence so that the plastic of the valence is taking the force of the diffuser. Is that right?

I ask because I would expect that at high speed, the downward force on the diffuser can be a lot. When I was running a track car with a front undertray, I have had metal bracing buckle and fail at speed due to the low pressure under the car. At high speeds (130+ mph) I wonder how much force will be transmitted through the diffuser and whether hanging from the plastic valance is the way to go. (If that is indeed how it is mounted.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back