• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Difflow NSX Diffusers... coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Difflow Diffusers for the NSX

I had a question on the way the rear bracket mounts. I only looked at the video, but it looked like you are hooking the edge of the rear valence so that the plastic of the valence is taking the force of the diffuser. Is that right?

I ask because I would expect that at high speed, the downward force on the diffuser can be a lot. When I was running a track car with a front undertray, I have had metal bracing buckle and fail at speed due to the low pressure under the car. At high speeds (130+ mph) I wonder how much force will be transmitted through the diffuser and whether hanging from the plastic valance is the way to go. (If that is indeed how it is mounted.)

The diffuser is mounted like that, you are correct. The front of the diffuser is completely wrapped around the frame bar, so the diffuser won't fly off - worst case scenario, it will just fall of the valance and drag if anything ever came lose. We recommend just nutting and bolting it to the rear valance for the most secure hold like we mention in the movie. Our brackets are strong and we made these because a lot of NSX owners didn't want to drill into their rear valance. Just depends on how you are going to use your car.

:cool:

Id like to see a diffuser for the 1991-2001 that goes all the way from one side of the car to the other like the lotus diffusers. Or something similar to the TAITEC JGTC GT500 style spoiler, but can retain the factory type exhaust (not center exit), and maybe keep our stock lower valence in place also.

Last edited:

Id like to see a diffuser for the 1991-2001 that goes all the way from one side of the car to the other like the lotus diffusers. Or something similar to the TAITEC JGTC GT500 style spoiler, but can retain the factory type exhaust (not center exit), and maybe keep our stock lower valence in place also.

You talking about one large piece from the front all the way to the rear ofbthecar? I remember done designed one similar to that had had problems with the oil cooler not being effective any more due to no airflow over it

I had a question on the way the rear bracket mounts. I only looked at the video, but it looked like you are hooking the edge of the rear valence so that the plastic of the valence is taking the force of the diffuser. Is that right?

I ask because I would expect that at high speed, the downward force on the diffuser can be a lot. When I was running a track car with a front undertray, I have had metal bracing buckle and fail at speed due to the low pressure under the car. At high speeds (130+ mph) I wonder how much force will be transmitted through the diffuser and whether hanging from the plastic valance is the way to go. (If that is indeed how it is mounted.)

How the rear part of the diffuser is essentially clamped to the lower valence is kind of sketchy: at least for a '91-'01 since I don't think it was designed to be a load bearing part.

I'd recommend some L Brackets bolted to the trunk, behind/below the bumper beam and then to the diffuser for increased robustness: the install isn't as easy, but I think it'd be a lot stronger.

You talking about one large piece from the front all the way to the rear ofbthecar? I remember done designed one similar to that had had problems with the oil cooler not being effective any more due to no airflow over it
uuhh..... NO....... one SIDE of the car to the other SIDE. Not front to back.

The oil cooler is water based and sitting on top of the the oil filter area doesn't get air. As well, the diffuser doesn't cover up the engine area anyway.

I'm waiting for the version 2 he's making which has sharper edges on the diffuser rather than it being rounded off. :)

Again, I REALLY want to see another photo. I want to see a photo from THIS angle in order to see the true profile of the diffuser mounted:

5626574426_1ee885e125_o.jpg
What diffuser is that?

DF with the bigger fins

afaik, DF has two models..the smaller one that has smallish fins and is subtle just fitting the underside of the 02 valence and this larger one that extends to the swaybar coller which it mounts to with provided hardware.

Can you explain a bit further? Maybe a link? How do you purchase a DF one with bigger fins? I've never heard of this.

You can see it at the DF site, DF-R diffuser.

It may look different in the pictures, but this is the same one that Synth is rocking. I know, cause I have it too.

EDIT
Whoops, sorry, didn't realize it was a vendor thread. Pulled the link.

Last edited:
Re: NSX Diffusers... coming soon.

I think this piece looks AWESOME and being made of aluminum is a great idea!

We would be willing to do test fitment on our NSX and maybe stock a few at our shop here if you guys have them ready to go? One thing however is that my NSX is VERY low already and I know the lowest point on my car is the damn rear cross-bar for the 02+ cars. I can't even make it over certain speed bumps so usually I just avoid them all together.

Do you have any ground angle pictures up close of this diffuser? I realize it's hard to photograph with enough light so you may need an AUX light source to show this clearly or park into the sunlight.

A nice low angle shot would really help and let us know where to order :)

Example from my car:
IMG_4427.jpg

Can somebody post a pic of the seibon bumper? Then I can tell if it will fit or not. Our diffusers are the same angle as the 02+ bumpers, and the front of the diffusers are pretty much parallel to the ground.

Here are some pics of a "modded" Seibon valance.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147643&page=3
whenever I get a chance to finish my diffuser (too many projects!) I would want to remove the bottom piece of the Seibon and attach the diffuser there to fill up all that empty space where the mesh is. You would need a low profile exhaust. That would work out the best. Just something to think about.

The problem with the NSX is any diffuser installed sits so far low. I have to worry about the front scraping on EVERYTHING now the rear too?

Here's one specifically made for the GT-One valance. The Seibon is a replica of the GT-One valance. Notice this sits low too but it looks a lot more balanced with 4 fins instead of 5 or more. However, likely less functional than what's being sold here.

$0.02

IMG_2203.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

Hi,

Plan on more pictures in 2 weeks. I shipped off diffusers to the first batch of people that bought them, and they said they'd post pictures once installed, so it might be a few days or a week. I'm in Florida on Vacation at the moment. On stock suspension, the diffuser sits roughly 4 inches from the ground, parallel to the ground. If the front clears an incline, then your rear will too.

Hi,

Plan on more pictures in 2 weeks. I shipped off diffusers to the first batch of people that bought them, and they said they'd post pictures once installed, so it might be a few days or a week. I'm in Florida on Vacation at the moment. On stock suspension, the diffuser sits roughly 4 inches from the ground, parallel to the ground. If the front clears an incline, then your rear will too.

Very interested, keep me updated! :)

I'm in San Jose, CA

rick

Here are pics of the diffuser installed on my NSX. Thanks Glenn i love this diffuser,at first i wasnt sure if i like it but once installed man love how it looks. Installation was very simple and it is on there,no way it going to falls off. Here are some pics enjoy it
013-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

Man that looks nice... does your GTR's plate say "NSX NA2"? LOL Don't want to derail the thread but would you mind posting some place on how the two cars compare and what you like about which? I've been in this NSX/GTR/R8 dillema for a while.

That looks amazing. How is it driving with it. Any scraping? Any difference in ride? Difflow did an amzing job.

Here are pics of the diffuser installed on my NSX. Thanks Glenn i love this diffuser,at first i wasnt sure if i like it but once installed man love how it looks. Installation was very simple and it is on there,no way it going to falls off. Here are some pics enjoy it
013-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

Looks very good but question is how does it look on lighter colored cars?

I'd love to try one on my NSX since I'm looking for a different look for my car.

rick

Looks great - thank you for following through with pictures, it helps me a lot.

Take that upside down sticker off on the bottom, I didn't think it was going to be that visible haha!

Here's an update for everyone. I've got 3 more diffusers being made, 1 of which is a prototype "railer" which has sharper fins and a 1 inch longer body than our original diffusers. Taking orders today, so PM me and we'll get your name on the list and start cranking these things out (02-05).

Glenn

Looks great - thank you for following through with pictures, it helps me a lot.

Take that upside down sticker off on the bottom, I didn't think it was going to be that visible haha!

Here's an update for everyone. I've got 3 more diffusers being made, 1 of which is a prototype "railer" which has sharper fins and a 1 inch longer body than our original diffusers. Taking orders today, so PM me and we'll get your name on the list and start cranking these things out (02-05).

Glenn

Looking forward to the railer prototype. :)

Can someone photoshop the diffuser that would make it go under the exhaust and reach the other sides of the valence? And spread the 6 fins out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back