• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Discontinued Parts

I have my roof repainted and the bodyshop told me about the rubber molding need to be replace. I tried source new parts from Acura and it is listed discontinued. The rubber molding harden and crack due to its age, where can i get a replacement rubbing molding? Thanks.

MOLDING, R. FR. DRIP & RETAINER: 72420-SL0-003ZC
MOLDING, L. FR. DRIP & RETAINER: 72460-SL0-003ZC

Last edited:
Those numbers appear to be the painted window and roof edge moldings pieces not the rubber. Do you have a picture of the pieces you need?

Those numbers appear to be the painted window and roof edge moldings pieces not the rubber. Do you have a picture of the pieces you need?

ill2.jpg

You are right it is the painted window and roof edge moldings piece (above photo #12 and 15). There is a rubber molding attached to the inner which run all the from windshield to the B-pillar. This rubber molding can not be order separately from the window and roof edge moldings.

Why can't you just buy the weatherstrip, shown above as #7 and #9 in the parts diagram, and still available?

I think he is referring to the thin rubber seal that is part of 12-15. This seal points toward the center of the car and seals against the roof (drip rail).

Honda sucks for not keeping all the parts for these cars available... we're not talking about an Accord here... the NSX and the S2000 (maybe the Integra R) are their only true collectables to date!! BMW does a far better job of keeping most parts available for it's vintage cars (which the NSX Gen 1 will be soon enough, i.e., vintage). It very disappointing.

Last edited:
Back