• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Encounters with celebs - tell your story

Bumped into someone famous at the post office this morning NY Yankees player.

Yeah rob was being all undercover with the iphone. I doubt the guy even knows a picture was taken of him.

Someone needs to write a face recognition app. :D

I went to High School and Angelina Jolie (Angie Voight) as we knew her.

She was a crazy person then (wore black finger nail polish and was very "goth") and she has not changed that much.

Oh, I also in drama class with Monica Lewinsky:tongue::tongue::tongue:

as a high-school kid i used to work at a benz/bmw in Lake Forest, Chicago area (late 80's). all the 'bears' and 'bulls' players came in all the time. drove jordan's cars several times to his house- he was really cool back then, before all the fame. also used to take care of john hughes' fleet of cars on weekly bases- nice guy before he died, always chatted and tipped me.
the craziest one was mr.T- i remember on the day on his 40th b-day, i was dropping off his daughter's white m3- he went nuts with a chainsaw on his propery while i was there, cutting down all the ancient oaks- the city wanted to lynch him for that stunt, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah.... I went to school with Pam Wojas... she was my lab partner in physics class.

After she got married, she was known as

Pamela Smart

A couple of years ago at the AT&T golf tounament I had a funny encounter.
When this event rolls into town it is a PAIN for locals such as me. I usually go around midnight to the PO to collect my mail and avoid the crowds. To say that I am less then friendly during this time is an understatement. One night after emptying the PO box and sifting thru the mail on the table I see this clown trying to get stamps from the vending machine. After a few minutes he says to me, "do you know how this works"? I inform him, "does it look like I work here"? I add" "you look like a smart guy I have faith you can figure it out". I finish reviewing my mail and finally head out to my car. As I sit in my car I realize for the first time that this guy looked familiar. As I drive home I realize it was Kevin Costner.

Later the next day I tell my wife about the encounter. She of course asks me why I was so rude and I just try to justify my behavior by saying to her, "it was not that rude I did not ask him when he was going to make
Waterworld 2".

I went to High School and Angelina Jolie (Angie Voight) as we knew her.

She was a crazy person then (wore black finger nail polish and was very "goth") and she has not changed that much.

Oh, I also in drama class with Monica Lewinsky:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Must not have been a very good High School as your grammar doesn't make too much sense:

"I went to High School and Angelina Jolie"

"Oh, I also in drama class with Monica Lewinsky"

Haha, I'm totally just teasing you! :tongue::tongue::tongue::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yea they always want to get their pictures taken with me. :rolleyes:

I don't do autographs! :biggrin:

Jack

When I was in high school, I worked at a video store in Chicago. A lot of local celebrities were customers because they lived in the neighborhood. Some of them include Jim Thompson, IL Governor at the time ('77 to '91), Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert.

One time Roger Ebert rented a "She Male" adult video :eek:

A couple of years ago at the AT&T golf tounament I had a funny encounter.
When this event rolls into town it is a PAIN for locals such as me. I usually go around midnight to the PO to collect my mail and avoid the crowds. To say that I am less then friendly during this time is an understatement. One night after emptying the PO box and sifting thru the mail on the table I see this clown trying to get stamps from the vending machine. After a few minutes he says to me, "do you know how this works"? I inform him, "does it look like I work here"? I add" "you look like a smart guy I have faith you can figure it out". I finish reviewing my mail and finally head out to my car. As I sit in my car I realize for the first time that this guy looked familiar. As I drive home I realize it was Kevin Costner.

Later the next day I tell my wife about the encounter. She of course asks me why I was so rude and I just try to justify my behavior by saying to her, "it was not that rude I did not ask him when he was going to make
Waterworld 2".

I don't get it, funny on whos part? Some guy asks you for help, you think he's a clown, brush the guy off then you think he's some star and finally follow that up with a bad joke. I love that movie.

That's not a story I'd be proud to brag about! Are most Pebble Beachers like that? I would have helped the poor guy! But that's just me. I'm a South City guy!

Jack

Had to think back over the years. There have been a lot of celebs in the town where I live and those were the easy ones to remember. I used to own a fitness center in a neighboring town and some were members:
Stevland Morris (Stevie Wonder), Joe Piscopo, Bill Murray, Brian Doyle Murray, Jackie Mason, Chris Rock, Al Pacino, Lorraine Bracco, Whoopi Goldberg, P.Diddy, Wesley Snipes, Pat Benatar, Cousin’ Brucie, Duane Allman, Bobby Whitlock, Carl Radle, Mike Piazza, Patrick Ewing, Ron Insana, Mike Schneider, Pres. Richard Nixon (deceased), Al Sharpton, Jay-Z, Faith Popcorn, Doug Henning (deceased), Tim Russert (deceased), Roger Penske, Paul Newman, Jackie Stewart, Helio Castroneves, Sam Hornish Jr., Fuzzy Zoeller, Stefan Edberg, Chris Evert, C.C.Sabathia, Ken Daneyko, Scott Stevens, Jonnie Damon, Her Majesty Queen Noor (Kingdom of Jordon), H.Clay Frick II

Had to think back over the years. There have been a lot of celebs in the town where I live and those were the easy ones to remember. I used to own a fitness center in a neighboring town and some were members:
Stevland Morris (Stevie Wonder), Joe Piscopo, Bill Murray, Brian Doyle Murray, Jackie Mason, Chris Rock, Al Pacino, Lorraine Bracco, Whoopi Goldberg, P.Diddy, Wesley Snipes, Pat Benatar, Cousin’ Brucie, Duane Allman, Bobby Whitlock, Carl Radle, Mike Piazza, Patrick Ewing, Ron Insana, Mike Schneider, Pres. Richard Nixon (deceased), Al Sharpton, Jay-Z, Faith Popcorn, Doug Henning (deceased), Tim Russert (deceased), Roger Penske, Paul Newman, Jackie Stewart, Helio Castroneves, Sam Hornish Jr., Fuzzy Zoeller, Stefan Edberg, Chris Evert, C.C.Sabathia, Ken Daneyko, Scott Stevens, Jonnie Damon, Her Majesty Queen Noor (Kingdom of Jordon), H.Clay Frick II

Imagine if they all showed up at the same time, except Paul Newman that is!

What a line-up! :smile:

Jack

I see a lot celebs in my Men's store around the KY Derby. Lots of Basketball players - Antoine Walker, Dr Dunkenstein (Darrell Grififth) from UofL and Utah Jazz, Rajon Rondo (not friendly), Nicole Scherzinger (very nice and quiet), Jessica Simpson several times before the Newlyweds show (never saw her after she got famous), Nelly (left a $100 tip for my tailor), Art Mann, Adrien Grenier (my friend got a picture with him in his boxers), Denny Crum (UofL hall of fame coach), and Larry Birkhead (Anna Nicole Smith's baby's daddy) would come in all the time to pick up one of my male employees for "lunch."

Literally ran into Lennox Lewis. He was the biggest guy I had ever seen and I clipped his shoulder walking past. I said "sorry man." Didn't realize who it was still he said "Don't worry about it" in a British accent.

My favorite all time celeb encounter was Ron Jeremy sitting next to me at a McDonald's in an airport. He had all his bills laid out on the table and was writing checks. He was cool and didn't mind all the people coming up to take pics with him. My pic with him was my Facebook profile for a long time.

I owned a laundromat in Santa Barbara and we often had a lot of people come in for vacations. This gave me an opportunity to meet lots of famous people when they were vacationing in Santa Barbara and needed to do their laundry while there. Certainly not all, but just off the top of my head...Queen of England (very nice but kept insisting on free soap), Bush 1 and 2, Bono, Albert Einstein (couldn't figure out how to put the coins in LOL), Orville and Wilbur Wright (oil all over their shirts and scarfs), Napoleon (much shorter in person and a VERY goofy hat), Joan of Arch, General George Patton (very nasty and slapped me for no reason) Superman, Might Mouse, Charles Lindbergh, Ghandi, Neil Armstrong, and the list goes on and on...

I owned a laundromat in Santa Barbara and we often had a lot of people come in for vacations. This gave me an opportunity to meet lots of famous people when they were vacationing in Santa Barbara and needed to do their laundry while there. Certainly not all, but just off the top of my head...Queen of England (very nice but kept insisting on free soap), Bush 1 and 2, Bono, Albert Einstein (couldn't figure out how to put the coins in LOL), Orville and Wilbur Wright (oil all over their shirts and scarfs), Napoleon (much shorter in person and a VERY goofy hat), Joan of Arch, General George Patton (very nasty and slapped me for no reason) Superman, Might Mouse, Charles Lindbergh, Ghandi, Neil Armstrong, and the list goes on and on...

Did they ask to take their pictures with you?

Jack

Did they ask to take their pictures with you?

Jack

I'll try to post some later, but more often than not I had to sign confidentiality agreements.

Oh yeah, Michael Jackson and his monkey.

Last edited:
I'll try to post some later, but more often than not I had to sign confidentiality agreements.

Oh yeah, Michael Jackson and his monkey.

Damn it, I was so looking forward to seeing you signing your autograph for Ray Ralston (My Favorite Martian).

But I'll settle for Jacksons Monkey!

Jack

Last edited:
I don't get it, funny on whos part? Some guy asks you for help, you think he's a clown, brush the guy off then you think he's some star and finally follow that up with a bad joke. I love that movie.

That's not a story I'd be proud to brag about! Are most Pebble Beachers like that? I would have helped the poor guy! But that's just me. I'm a South City guy!

Jack

Jack,

Last time I checked you are not me.

Main one that comes to mind is Buddy Martin of 70's Sox & Martin drag team, I see him few times a month actually. Oh course I've seen the traditional baseball player at signings, etc.

Hmmm.. no biblical characters, that's weird!

Hell, I AM a celebrity!

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=797&CDName=RPM

radar.jpg

One night after emptying the PO box and sifting thru the mail on the table I see this clown trying to get stamps from the vending machine. After a few minutes he says to me, "do you know how this works"? I inform him, "does it look like I work here"? I add" "you look like a smart guy I have faith you can figure it out". I finish reviewing my mail and finally head out to my car. As I sit in my car I realize for the first time that this guy looked familiar. As I drive home I realize it was Kevin Costner.

Later the next day I tell my wife about the encounter. She of course asks me why I was so rude and I just try to justify my behavior by saying to her, "it was not that rude I did not ask him when he was going to make Waterworld 2".
i'm confused: which is the funny part?

No stories like you guys but I've served

M. Night Shamalayan: His wife is probably one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen in person. VERY VERY nice people as well.

Michael Cera: This was after Superbad came out and all my friends were raving about it. I hadn't seen it yet and someone told me I'd have a super VIP tonight. When they said who he was I thought well cool, but I still haven't seen the movie! After watching it I realized he acts and talks in real life how he does in the movie! Super cool, but had some bitchy press lady there.

Gina Lynn: Came in with either her male actors or her entourage. Probably about 5 guys and her sat at my table. The GM told me earlier in the night that you have a VIP named Gina Lynn. I asked who it was and he smiled and walked away. I got an autographed magazine somewhere floating around, haha.

Stephen

I've been to several NAMM shows, so the music ones are numerous...Stevie Wonder....I stood shoulder to shoulder w/ George Bensen this past year, I talked for about 10 mins w/ American Idol Judge Randy Jackson at the NAMM show in 1986. At the 2005 NAMM show, I saw a dark tall guy walking quickly until he was stopped by a guy wanting a picture w/ him. I thought it was Gene Simmons, but it turned out to be Steven Seagal (lol).......Musically there's too many to list......
In 1982, I passed Elliot Gould on the street in Carmel Ca. when my family was vacationing there. In the late 80's, I worked on a movie w/ Dee Dee Phieffer (Michelle's sister). She was really cool.

Back