• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine removal

Did you end up stroking the motor? One guy here did a 3.8L N/A said it was surreal to drive and how the NSX should of been out of the factory...was a sick project...certainly not a cheap way to go HP wise but man would love it, think it was just under 400 rwhp.

No, I just bored it out to 3.2L I can afford the stroker kit lol. If I was to start over I would have gone with higher compression pistons since ill be running e85. I was unsure when I ordered the pistons. 13:1 with the same build and e85 should be fun. But ill stick with 12:1 see what I can get out of it for now.

wow, first few question on thread I thought ahh newbie asking question. Then further on the thread engine is being rebuild? lol?

I didnt even know its possible doing that just with jack stand and in the garage! nice thread!

Lots of money putting into this NSX.

Last edited:
What a nice Christmas present to find this thread under the forum tree. A great read on a dull Christmas Eve day at work.

The work is way beyond my skill level but it is still so educational, besides being highly entertaining. Can't wait to see the finished product.

we need more pics of the finished engine and complete mods list... Im wondering how much this cost u as I would love to do the same minus the ITB's for smog compliance... heh

thanks guys, I am still waiting to get the motor back in my hand so I can put it together.

enkrypt3d: Thanks for following the thread man, I will get a mod list and price asap.

Thanks all and have a wonderful christmas and a happy new years.

MORE UPDATES!!!

...please :redface:

QPDO

MORE UPDATES!!!

...please :redface:

QPDO

I will get more updates this week hopefully. I am waiting for TiDave to dial in the cams, valve adjustment, and timing belt install. Once I get the motor back sunday I will start putting it back together.

Thanks man, I am actually going to do a full build. I dont have a spare motor and I dont want to drop the motor again. =) I am planning on darton sleeves, oliver billet rods, JE or CP 9.5:1, arp head/main studs, clean up the stock oem pump but get new billet gears, ATI harmonic balancer, maybe sos billet main caps.

I havent done much research on the stock head yet so I am not sure what theyre capable of. I want to do new valve seals for sure though. I am going to do upgraded valve springs/TI retainers and probably keep stock valves? I want about 650-750whp so if the head can make it easy then I wont do port n polish. I am gutting the butterfly plate like you though. I am actually going to do that tomorrow. I am also doing a larger TB and have it port matched to the IM.

For turbo I am going to just piece things together. I am probably going to run a walbro 255 intank and a bosch 044 inline with RC1000cc or higher if need. Run after market header with flex section with the STMPO/AFI y pipe and a BW s366 turbo. Probably have B&R build me a custom catch can so I can run 2 an fitting on each head and one drain back to the oil pan. Run a A/W intercooler I like it mounted where the factory box is though.

Transmission I am still debating on JDM short gear or keep my stock one. I am going to have it WPC and deburr for sure though. I am going to run the RPS twin carbon disc though.

As for now I am taking one step at a time. Tomorrow I am going to take the rest of the motor apart and have it ready to be sent out for sleeving. I am going to get the butterfly plate gutted and have the holes welded shut.

I havent dont much research on the head yet but for now I am sure I want a solid bottom end.

Have you ran a BorgWarner Turbo before? I have a friend in Vegas that has a 7++ hp CRX (ForceFed) and he uses this brand of Turbo. It seems like a reasonable brand.. Who are you having sleeve your motor?

Last edited:
Have you ran a BorgWarner Turbo before? I have a friend in Vegas that has a 7++ hp CRX (ForceFed) and he uses this brand of Turbo. It seems like a reasonable brand.. Who are you having sleeve your motor?

OP is going the NA route now as opposed to FI. At least the last time he posted about his build.

I have yet to use borgewarner but all I hear is good things from them. If you check on the later post I ended up going with benson sleeves.

OP is going the NA route now as opposed to FI. At least the last time he posted about his build.

DOH! I see now. I should have followed up on every page.

I have yet to use borgewarner but all I hear is good things from them. If you check on the later post I ended up going with benson sleeves.

PM sent.

AN conversion

196579_509156794656_111500399_30239621_2084758_n.jpg

waiting to get the motor back to do a wiretuck and install the clutch and then have it in this week hopefully if everything goes well.

Also have to install some suspension parts:

180226_508678248666_111500399_30234878_4238438_n.jpg

180783_508718707586_111500399_30235393_2146417_n.jpg

Waiting for the STMPO FCB as well.

Last edited:
Motor back! Going to get alot of things done tonight. Got the clutch on was going to put the tranny on as well but I lost one of my dowel pin.
200441_509175596976_111500399_30239984_1712795_n.jpg

Motor back! Going to get alot of things done tonight. Got the clutch on was going to put the tranny on as well but I lost one of my dowel pin.
200441_509175596976_111500399_30239984_1712795_n.jpg

MOAR!!! :eek:

just wondering if you put in new LMAs?
The spring loaded type with a shim.
Not the older piston type.

Or does it really matter? Thanks!

Hey Great Thread... I cant believe I just found this... So you seem to know a lot about fluids and all, so whats the best method for cleaning a sticky keyboard?

Thanks for the info on your wheel Setup again!

/subscribed

Hey Great Thread... I cant believe I just found this... So you seem to know a lot about fluids and all, so whats the best method for cleaning a sticky keyboard?

Thanks for the info on your wheel Setup again!

/subscribed

Take it apart and clean the keys individually. :smile:

Back