• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

EVERY ONE VOTE! (please read this!)

Wich successor to the NSX do you want (or wich new Honda Sports car)

• HSC style || MID ENGINE

Votes: 245 92.5%
  • ASCC Style || FRONT ENGINE

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Somthing els

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Does not matter

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters
IMO Honda does not really car about our tiny 300 votes or NSX owners, too small of a market. They are moving on.

I don't think so.

They are trying to move on.

But when you send a concept car out to the shows..... you then, sit back and wait to see what happens.

300 NSX guys complain, Road & Track and Car & Driver note this to their 3 million readers (all car nuts)

Guys on SixSpeed.com and RennTeam and Ferrarichat report this dislike to their 800,000 readers. Who then go to other car forums... and should be starting threads like Vette vs ASC, or Porsche vs ASC, or Aston Martin vs ASC..... this spread makes it to a few million car-guys on the web. But no one is talking about the ASC. Acura did not exactly get a viral spread

Honda hopes that their home show in Tokyo next month is not that same bad buzz for the ASC and is standing ready to drop this car like a lead balloon if public interest at the show is a repeat of the American market.

The experts "word" trickles out to the mass public....and then it spreads. Just a hand full of guys start the buzz.

There is another market force besides the tiny group of experts.
The exception to this rule is when your dealing with a real beautiful car...
A funny thing happens- mom's and girlfriends, and Vette guys walk around the show saying " I've got to learn more about this new Acura". That didn't happen with the ASC the Lexus stold the Detrot show for the "popular vote" catagory!

Last edited:
Why don't we all write in to Road and Track / Car and Drivers. Both current issues of those mags has coverage on the ASCC. Tell them what a disappointment it is. I'm sure most of editors would agree. Then maybe they will print it for their 3 million readers to see and have Honda wither up in shame, kick Fukui ass, and resurrect a mid-engine program.

WANT MID-Engine

I don't think so.

They are trying to move on.

But when you send a concept car out to the shows..... you then, sit back and wait to see what happens.

300 NSX guys complain, Road & Track and Car & Driver note this to their 3 million readers (all car nuts)

Guys on SixSpeed.com and RennTeam and Ferrarichat report this dislike to their 800,000 readers. Who then go to other car forums... and should be starting threads like Vette vs ASC, or Porsche vs ASC, or Aston Martin vs ASC..... this spread makes it to a few million car-guys on the web. But no one is talking about the ASC. Acura did not exactly get a viral spread

Honda hopes that their home show in Tokyo next month is not that same bad buzz for the ASC and is standing ready to drop this car like a lead balloon if public interest at the show is a repeat of the American market.

The experts "word" trickles out to the mass public....and then it spreads. Just a hand full of guys start the buzz.

There is another market force besides the tiny group of experts.
The exception to this rule is when your dealing with a real beautiful car...
A funny thing happens- mom's and girlfriends, and Vette guys walk around the show saying " I've got to learn more about this new Acura". That didn't happen with the ASC the Lexus stold the Detrot show for the "popular vote" catagory!
Yeah get the magazines involved (like i said a few posts ago)

This will force Honda!

More voters plz!

Last edited:
Another Poll conducted by vtec.net had 2171 votes. 81% of these votes want Mid-engine compared to over 90% here. Think NSX owners are the minority here? Think again! Every other car forums has no love for the FR platform as the NSX successor. You messed up Honda. You have 8 months to redeem yourself and show a proper Mid-engine layout at the Tokyo show.

http://www.vtec.net/polls/results?poll_id=651202

Another Poll conducted by vtec.net had 2171 votes. 81% of these votes want Mid-engine compared to over 90% here. Think NSX owners are the minority here? Think again! Every other car forums has no love for the FR platform as the NSX successor. You messed up Honda. You have 8 months to redeem yourself and show a proper Mid-engine layout at the Tokyo show.

1. In my experience Honda doesnt give a damn what people think of their product, at least, thats how i experience it in Europe, and even the dealers here share that opinion.
2. Who says Honda is targetting the current NSX followers. Look in the streets, i see more big fat cars like the ASC (jaq, merc, aston) then sportscars (ferr, lambo, lotus).
3. How many people voting on Prime and Vtec.net are potential buyers.

I dont read all the ASC threads, but i'm sure these lines have been discussed in length :)
But then, they show a concept to get feedback, so here it is ;)

(the above are my personal experiences in Europe, and can/might be different on other continents)

1. In my experience Honda doesnt give a damn what people think of their product, at least, thats how i experience it in Europe, and even the dealers here share that opinion.
2. Who says Honda is targetting the current NSX followers. Look in the streets, i see more big fat cars like the ASC (jaq, merc, aston) then sportscars (ferr, lambo, lotus).
3. How many people voting on Prime and Vtec.net are potential buyers.

I dont read all the ASC threads, but i'm sure these lines have been discussed in length :)
But then, they show a concept to get feedback, so here it is ;)

(the above are my personal experiences in Europe, and can/might be different on other continents)
You are right in Europe dealers have a kind of hands of style kinda I don't care (officially i just don't know) i'm here for the cash don't give a damm.

Honda over here is kinda hard to contact and get any answers from or info.

Do think Honda Japan would do it different as the 2002+ NSX's there are nearly the same prices as the left the dealer so those guys can buy a new one if they want.

I think Honda should still make the HSC or a NSX style of car as mid engine cars are selling good Ferrari is opening new dealerships in china Spyker is going good as well (Dutch sports car) Note: they suck cost €400,000 give no performance have all there parts from ford (engine, etc) looks like a ford low tech just a car with chrome wheels and a sick price tag there seats are similar to those of a Civic Type-R. There the same only with some leather (that looks really ugly)
They talk about them like there from Mars but actualy there just like worse than any other car in the rang! (SLR, Murcalago, LP640, Pagani Zonda, Saleen, etc)
A lot of ^@^# is what those Spykers are overrated!

So if those paces of %@#* can sell good why can't Honda's HSC they might even make a new market! let's start innovating in MR!

If Honda does not start making something cool with a MR layout I might start up a company that makes MR car with a Mugen V8 (Yes you can buy them from Mugen)
Some thing like A Mosler MT900S

And like a said Honda needs to listen to there fans as that's important for the Brand image! and the sale of there other cars!

You are right in Europe dealers have a kind of hands of style kinda I don't care (officially i just don't know) i'm here for the cash don't give a damm.

Honda over here is kinda hard to contact and get any answers from or info.

Do think Honda Japan would do it different as the 2002+ NSX's there are nearly the same prices as the left the dealer so those guys can buy a new one if they want.

I think Honda should still make the HSC or a NSX style of car as mid engine cars are selling good Ferrari is opening new dealerships in china Spyker is going good as well (Dutch sports car) Note: they suck cost €400,000 give no performance have all there parts from ford (engine, etc) looks like a ford low tech just a car with chrome wheels and a sick price tag there seats are similar to those of a Civic Type-R. There the same only with some leather (that looks really ugly)
They talk about them like there from Mars but actualy there just like worse than any other car in the rang! (SLR, Murcalago, LP640, Pagani Zonda, Saleen, etc)
A lot of ^@^# is what those Spykers are overrated!

So if those paces of %@#* can sell good why can't Honda's HSC they might even make a new market! let's start innovating in MR!

If Honda does not start making something cool with a MR layout I might start up a company that makes MR car with a Mugen V8 (Yes you can buy them from Mugen)
Some thing like A Mosler MT900S

And like a said Honda needs to listen to there fans as that's important for the Brand image! and the sale of there other cars!
Let's FORWARD this to some magazines !

I'll get you the emails tonight. Current issues of some car magazines have ASCC on there. It will be good feedback from readers and hopefully we can get enough people to write in and have the magazines post it for Honda corporate to see.

March issue of Road & Track has a write up on the ASCC. Write them and tell them what you think of ASCC.

[email protected]

Car and Driver also talks about the ASCC in their latest issue. You can also email Car and Driver at:

[email protected]

Got an opinion to share, Write them very very soon so they can publish it in a timely manner.

If you want what you write to get published, remember to add the following information on your email:

"E-mails intended for publication should include the First and Last name of the writer, and the town and state of his or her residence. Also include the daytime phone number for verification We reserve the right to edit e-mails for accuracy, clarity, and length. (Note: Writers wishing to remain anonymous, or wishing to use imaginary names for dramatic or satirical purposes, must nonetheless include their true names and addresses for purposes of verification."

March issue of Road & Track has a write up on the ASCC. Write them and tell them what you think of ASCC.

[email protected]

Car and Driver also talks about the ASCC in their latest issue. You can also email Car and Driver at:

[email protected]

Got an opinion to share, Write them very very soon so they can publish it in a timely manner.

If you want what you write to get published, remember to add the following information on your email:

"E-mails intended for publication should include the First and Last name of the writer, and the town and state of his or her residence. Also include the daytime phone number for verification We reserve the right to edit e-mails for accuracy, clarity, and length. (Note: Writers wishing to remain anonymous, or wishing to use imaginary names for dramatic or satirical purposes, must nonetheless include their true names and addresses for purposes of verification."
Ok will do! Thanks for the info!

Update:
Just sent the e-mail!

Last edited:
Back