• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

EVERY ONE VOTE! (please read this!)

Wich successor to the NSX do you want (or wich new Honda Sports car)

• HSC style || MID ENGINE

Votes: 245 92.5%
  • ASCC Style || FRONT ENGINE

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Somthing els

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Does not matter

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters
Hi,

Why don't we get as many vote's as we can and send it to Acura/Honda to let the show what the NSX owners and fans! think they should do as we are there largerst group of customers! if we get as many voters as we can and show it to Acura/Honda they might give them a push back to mid engine layout!

(It's always worth a try!!)

Let's hope we get a few 100 to a 1000+ we really need to make a impact!!!!!!!!!!!

The best that can happen is 10,000 Members vote (there 13,000+ on prime!) We send it to Acura/Honda they say "Oh Sh@*& what have we done let's start make those HSC!! if that happens well hmm WOW YEAH! YUPPIE!

There is only ONE way to make an NSX successor:

rear midengine sportscar that achieves at least 90% Ferrari entry level model ( 430 now ) for less than 50% its price.

A rear midengine that redefines efficiency standards.

By today standards this would translate as:

at least 480 hp with a 3,8 L engine redlining at least at 9000 rpm ( ideally at the 10 000 rpm limit! ) in a less than 2800 lbs package.

I also prefer evolution rather than revolution. So the NSX successor should look like its predecessor and make people think that Honda made a BIG step forward the initial concept while recognizing its initial excellence.

But unfortunately Honda is going in the WRONG way ( designly and layoutly speaking ) and are trying so hard to convince me to invest my MONEY elsewhere.

WAKE UP HONDA! Stop it now! Stop this insanity and return to your original values when you revolutionized the automotive world , when the ACURA name was and regarded as a serious luxury, sporty, respected and exhilarating car.

Hey, if a single person can do this, and this*, how can Honda could'nt do way better and cheaper?

Think about it ...

* Look at the Locus Plethore model: when scolling down the webpage.

Last edited:
HSC is the way to go because it is evolutionary from the NSX. However, the 480 Hp is excessive. A 2800 lbs car with 480 Hp will likely be at least a $200K car. Is that what you want Honda to build? I smell a total disaster. I'll be be more than happy if Honda can maintain the current NSX weight.

Remember the NSX strength lies in it balance, not in ultimate horsepower. Let ASCC chase after the horsepower game but keep the HSC pure. It doesn't need Ferrari horsepower levels to keep pace. Restrain it to no more than 400 hp so the weight is in control. Remember the Type R takes around 4.5 seconds to 60mph. Just a few skips behind the Ferrari. For that, I'll gladly take it for half the price of the Ferrari and 10x the reliability.

Restrain it to no more than 400 hp so the weight is in control. .

carrera GT ~3150lbs - 600 hp V10
corvette Z06 ~3150lbs - 500 hp V8

(both of these engines are lighter than the C32B)

you don't have to be heavy to have HP......with that said, 400hp in a 2800lbs. HSC would be sweet.

you don't have to be heavy to have HP......with that said, 400hp in a 2800lbs. HSC would be sweet.
You can always improve on the C32B it's base was from 1997! The will make a new one!

There is only ONE way to make an NSX successor:

rear midengine sportscar that achieves at least 90% Ferrari entry level model ( 430 now ) for less than 50% its price.

A rear midengine that redefines efficiency standards.

By today standards this would translate as:

at least 480 hp with a 3,8 L engine redlining at least at 9000 rpm ( ideally at the 10 000 rpm limit! ) in a less than 2800 lbs package.

I also prefer evolution rather than revolution. So the NSX successor should look like its predecessor and make people think that Honda made a BIG step forward the initial concept while recognizing its initial excellence.

But unfortunately Honda is going in the WRONG way ( designly and layoutly speaking ) and are trying so hard to convince me to invest my MONEY elsewhere.

WAKE UP HONDA! Stop it now! Stop this insanity and return to your original values when you revolutionized the automotive world , when the ACURA name was and regarded as a serious luxury, sporty, respected and exhilarating car.

Hey, if a single person can do this, and this*, how can Honda could'nt do way better and cheaper?

Think about it ...

* Look at the Locus Plethore model: when scolling down the webpage.
Damm the car looks ugly from the front but the back is okay I know a lot of exampels like that! strang name too Locus Made by grasshoppers for grasshoppers

Might be a idea to make this poll sticky And make it stick to the ASCC designers pencel!

Last edited:
I voted (HSC :cool: ).

It should be noted that by itself this poll would give Honda little information about actual new model buyers, whether HSC or else.

Honda is like most others, a for profit organization.
So how many of the current prime members would actually be able to provide an unbiased yes/no vote to for example:

"I'm in the market for a new Honda/Acura sports car or like competitor and fit the financial profile of such target buyers"

This poll in combination with others (from same prime group) should have a more effective impact in case Honda does pay attention to this source of info.

The real question is how many here on Prime will buy one new.

I bought my NSX used, but by the time the new one comes out (HSC hopefully) I'll be ready for a new car. So I will be buying a new one.

How many 400Hp cars weight 2800 lbs and meet Federal safety requirements without a waiver?

Carrera GT is Carbon fiber and retailed at over $400K. Is that how you want Honda to price their next supercar?

Chevy did a great job reducing the weight on the Z06 with the Aluminum chassis. I wonder if the Fiberglass body contriuted to its low weight. I'm not sure how well sorted the chassis is either because there is a problem putting the power down, even on standard issue 400Hp Corvette. Chevy needed to employ torque management (ECU controlled power reduction) to cut power on 1st and 2nd gear and also between shifts to prevent wheel hop. To speak to NSX's strong chassis, I would rather get in an accident in the NSX than the Corvette.

Take your pick. Light weight has it price in either exotic materials or reduce chassis strength/rigidity.

Chevy needed to employ torque management (ECU controlled power reduction) to cut power on 1st and 2nd gear and also between shifts to prevent wheel hop.

torque management is there to reduce warranty claims not to aid traction and the chassis being "sorted" has nothing to do with weight.

Hmm a strang fact: 668 viewers of this thread and only 118 votes! Why can't they vote! it anit that hard! and you must have a preference so vote! that does show that it is possibel to get 1000+ Votes

That will not do a thing going to a "Call center" sorry but they normaly don't do anything and don't know anything only way how to get via a call center is to spam them with complaints. come ever one vote!

I voted mid-engine however I'm gonna get blasted for this (puts flame suit on)......

Do you think Honda really cares about what we have been spewing here?? I mean come on 122 votes for HSC!! I bet most of the market that Honda is aiming for isn't even a member of Prime. I have heard all the, "Employees at Honda read our remarks " but I just don't buy it. Honda is "big business" and we (NSXPrime community) represent a very small part of the big picture. Honda must know that if they released a HSC style car next month only 10-20 people on Prime would actually buy one.

We've been posting thread after thread about what we would like to see and what has Honda done....... Front engine V10 ugliness!! It's almost as if they did the exact opposite of what everyone here wants. Come on guys remember NSXPO 2003 in Cali? The speaker from Honda was great don't get me wrong, but with the largest gathering of NSX enthusiasts in the US present in one spot he basically humored us by rattling on about the exciting new gear shift knob on the 2004 model!! Honda could have given him authorization to say anything from V10 to "I'm sorry I don't know because there's many designs up in the air". Instead he flat out told us he wasn't gonna talk about anything unless it had to do with the 2004 NSX. That to me was almost insulting having flown cross country to attend.

I still have faith that Honda may come to it's senses and figure out that in order to preserve the spirit of the NSX they must go with a mid-engine design. But at the same time I have lost faith that they read our posts and care about our opinions.

Sorry...just my two cents

Back