• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust closest to Ferrari SOUND ????

Looking to purchase a new exhaust. What makes have the closest sound to a Ferrari??? I know Tubi is the manufacturer for the Ferrari exhaust, but their web site does not sell them for a 1991 NSX some help would be appreciated. Or any other suggestions of other companies that make a similar sounding exhaust.

Thanks
Dominick

GT one exhaust from www.GT-ROM.net

Their Titan (Titanium) GT-One v.2 to v.5 all sound very similar.

They have sound and video clips for it.

Vance

F1 ver.4 Ti / headers will help too. I want that exhaust really bad:biggrin:

img088.jpg:eek: :eek:

If you nicely e-mail Gt-rom i think they will let this exhaust go for $3100, Bank transfer only. Good luck

Ineed a_NSX said:
F1 ver.4 Ti / headers will help too. I want that exhaust really bad:biggrin:

View attachment 26424:eek: :eek:

If you nicely e-mail Gt-rom i think they will let this exhaust go for $3100, Bank transfer only. Good luck

Why not get the Version 5? BTW I e-mailed them very nicely with very easy to understand english on a very short e-mail and got no reply. :frown:

go w/ Tubi_Style, for starters...

Characteristic Ferrari sound is due to many things independant of the actual exhaust/muffler.

On a NSX, if you wish to emulate the highly sought-after 355 F1 sound, you need to do the following, IMHO:

- aftermarket exhaust-manifolds/headers
- aftermarket less-restrictive/race catalytic converters
- lightened-flywheel & associated hardware

(in addition to the catback-exhaust)

Ever notice how fast a Ferrari engine rev's up? That's the name of the game.

Now w/ that said, I personally feel none of the available exhausts for the NSX will give you remotely close to the quintissential cliche'd Ferrari sound. Not Gruppe_M, not Taitec, not GT-One.

However, you can get very pleasing exotic sounds from a great many exhausts available.

In-fact, the dual-canister lightweight stainless-steel exhausts by ARK, Ztek, and Dali when mated w/ the mod's I mentioned above, sound the most race-like and competition-worthy... the irony!

Goodluck. :cool:

Last edited:
can't find the sounds clips....has anyone found them on the site?

Osiris_x11 is right: There's more to the Ferrari sound than the exhaust, but I'll go further and say unless someone finds a way to replace this with this, an NSX will always sound much more like an NSX than a Ferrari. (more info)

I don't think it's a great idea to pursue something that's closest, when closest is still vastly different.

I do think you'd be doing yourself a favor by attending an NSX meet (there's a huge one in your area in 10 days!), listen to different exhausts in person, then decide which you like best.

If you don't find one you like, at least you hung out with some great NSX owners. Just get a VroomBox and call it a day. :D

Good luck!

Last edited:
Osiris_x11 is right: There's more to the Ferrari sound than the exhaust

I think most of us can all agree( or understand). That yes, a NSX will never sound the same as a Ferrari. Which, and i will not say IMO, is the best sounding automobile on the street.

TURBO2GO said:
Why not get the Version 5? BTW I e-mailed them very nicely with very easy to understand english on a very short e-mail and got no reply. :frown:
Sorry to hear that, i don't have the money to spend on that exhaust. Or else i would have bought it from gt-rom. I would try and shoot them another e-mail. ( they only except bank transfers )

I get told constantly that my Nsx with the Tubi is the best sounding Nsx they ever heard. This is from a bunch of Ferrari guys

Why on Earth would anyone want an NSX to sound like a POS Ferrari? That's like saying that you want a Plasma TV but only want to watch black and white movies on it. Do your car and yourself a favor and get a Taitec GTLW.

pzull said:
Even ferraris sound different model to model so what's considered "close"?

How's this then for a screamin machine...not ferrari, not anything, but i like it, that's what matters.

1) Driveaway

2) Driveby1

Sounds great! so what is it?!

TURBO2GO said:
Sounds great! so what is it?!

I have now dubbed it the "formula=e" exhaust system. Every pulse of exhaust gas from any exhaust port flows the exact same distance to the 2 tips (equal down to 1/2 inch accuracy).

2 wave tuning points (equal distance from all exhaust ports), one for tuning at about 6,500rpm, the other at about 4,000rpm.

No baffles anywhere along the path so unobstructed flow of gases

Muffling through absorbtion (high frequencies) and cancellation (low frequencies). Quiet at idle and cruise (like stock), screams at WOT

pzull said:
I have now dubbed it the "formula=e" exhaust system. Every pulse of exhaust gas from any exhaust port flows the exact same distance to the 2 tips (equal down to 1/2 inch accuracy).

2 wave tuning points (equal distance from all exhaust ports), one for tuning at about 6,500rpm, the other at about 4,000rpm.

No baffles anywhere along the path so unobstructed flow of gases

Muffling through absorbtion (high frequencies) and cancellation (low frequencies). Quiet at idle and cruise (like stock), screams at WOT

Custom system? are you running cats? what are the headers? seems like its very loud too, eh?

Ojas said:
Osiris_x11 is right: There's more to the Ferrari sound than the exhaust, but I'll go further and say unless someone finds a way to replace this with this, an NSX will always sound much more like an NSX than a Ferrari. (more info)

I don't think it's a great idea to pursue something that's closest, when closest is still vastly different.

I do think you'd be doing yourself a favor by attending an NSX meet (there's a huge one in your area in 10 days!), listen to different exhausts in person, then decide which you like best.

If you don't find one you like, at least you hung out with some great NSX owners. Just get a VroomBox and call it a day. :D

Good luck!

OJAS is right its the crank design of ferraris that creates the typical ferrari sound.

With that said I think the GT-Rom, price aside, is probably the coolest sounding exhaust, being the closest to an F1 car out of all the exhaust offered for the NSX. IMO I don't think the Tubi sounds any better than my ARK and it was a lot less money for the ARK., although I am basing this on sound clips as I have yet to hear a tubi in person and I know that exhaust sound can be different in person.

how can the sound of a 6 ever compare to a v8 or V10?
I just got the quad ark and its very deep and loud but has nothing
on v8.
:frown:

Last edited:
I am a bit bias, but I think the Sorcery GT center exit exhaust does a good job with a "tuned", "F1 style", low back pressure sound. Here is mine with factory headers and cat still on (about half way through the clip):

http://www.imagdesigns.com/images/Shop420.MPG

Jeff

TURBO2GO said:
Custom system? are you running cats? what are the headers? seems like its very loud too, eh?

Yeah everything custom but ready to mass produce if people want. No cats for mine as dont need them. Loud, but not obnoxiously so, only at full throttle. Below that it actually sounds like an un-modified exhaust of a normal sports car. At idle I would say it is only a tad louder than a stock Accord...but with a nicer note. Can be made louder if need be but I wanted a sleeper mode

Back