• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust closest to Ferrari SOUND ????

pzull said:
Yeah everything custom but ready to mass produce if people want. No cats for mine as dont need them. Loud, but not obnoxiously so, only at full throttle. Below that it actually sounds like an un-modified exhaust of a normal sports car. At idle I would say it is only a tad louder than a stock Accord...but with a nicer note. Can be made louder if need be but I wanted a sleeper mode

I would say you are well beyond "sleeper" already.

brucewayne said:
how can the sound of a 6 ever compare to a v8 or V10?
I just got the quad ark and its very deep and load but has nothing
on v8.
:frown:

Its not just that its a V8, crank design is critical in the sound, the ferrari uses a flat plane V8 versus a cross plane V8. This is why a mustang or camaro does not sound like a ferrari even though they are both V8's. I do think the NSX sounds closer to the ferrari than an american cross plane v8 ever will.

Don't think I have ever hear heard nor will ever hear a camaro or mustang that sounds like an F1 car, for two reasons 1) the crank design, 2) it wouldn't sell to their target market

TURBO2GO said:
what sound?!

You may have to save (right click- save as) the clip. It is fairly large and may not completely load in a media player.

VRoooM said:
You may have to save (right click- save as) the clip. It is fairly large and may not completely load in a media player.

I see a video fine... its just that its music in the background of a car whose engine is not even on. I thought he was giving a clip of the sorcery exhaust sound.

I agree...but to go one step further, my 512M does not sound like a V8 Fcar, the boxer design is unique in that aspect. I prefer it...I am old school...if only I could afford an F-40! or an Enzo! I will have to see what it takes to get a soundclip downloaded.

Its not just that its a V8, crank design is critical in the sound, the ferrari uses a flat plane V8 versus a cross plane V8. This is why a mustang or camaro does not sound like a ferrari even though they are both V8's. I do think the NSX sounds closer to the ferrari than an american cross plane v8 ever will.

Don't think I have ever hear heard nor will ever hear a camaro or mustang that sounds like an F1 car, for two reasons 1) the crank design, 2) it wouldn't sell to their target market

TURBO2GO said:
I see a video fine... its just that its music in the background of a car whose engine is not even on. I thought he was giving a clip of the sorcery exhaust sound.

Like I posted earlier, The exhaust sound starts about half way in the clip. Starts at about 22 sec in.

In my opinion the Gruppe M exhaust has the best tone. If you like a high pitch sound, its for you. The Gruppe M requires that you remove the cats, however. If you want to hear it, go to my website www.mscperformance.com and go to the video page. The "tunnel" clip is probably your best example. I've been having problems downloading my videos so be patient. Mark

norcal2 said:
I agree...but to go one step further, my 512M does not sound like a V8 Fcar, the boxer design is unique in that aspect. I prefer it...I am old school...if only I could afford an F-40! or an Enzo! I will have to see what it takes to get a soundclip downloaded.

You are correct but the F-Car sound everyone is looking for is based on the flat planed V8. If as you say your 512M is a boxer engine design then your crank is different as well and hence sounds different.

VRoooM said:
Like I posted earlier, The exhaust sound starts about half way in the clip. Starts at about 22 sec in.

Thanks Jeff. Sounds aggressive. I was thinking of getting the Sorcery exhaust, but I didn't want to drop my money on one without hearing the exhaust at wide open throttle. Which model is this?.. I know sorcery produces 2 models. One is the F1 version, and the other one is..I'm guessing a less aggressive set up. You mind sharing you thoughts on the exhaust at 8000 rpm, wide open throttle? Better yet, maybe a acceleration soundclip? :biggrin:

WealthBuildR said:
Thanks Jeff. Sounds aggressive. I was thinking of getting the Sorcery exhaust, but I didn't want to drop my money on one without hearing the exhaust at wide open throttle. Which model is this?.. I know sorcery produces 2 models. One is the F1 version, and the other one is..I'm guessing a less aggressive set up. You mind sharing you thoughts on the exhaust at 8000 rpm, wide open throttle? Better yet, maybe a acceleration soundclip? :biggrin:

It's the GT exhaust. Here is a pic with my Type S sway bar from Japan:
DSCF0410sm.jpg

As soon as I get the car back from the shop and back together I'll get some accel' sound bites.

pzull said:
Yeah everything custom but ready to mass produce if people want. No cats for mine as dont need them. Loud, but not obnoxiously so, only at full throttle. Below that it actually sounds like an un-modified exhaust of a normal sports car. At idle I would say it is only a tad louder than a stock Accord...but with a nicer note. Can be made louder if need be but I wanted a sleeper mode

Yes, yes, yes... and you can probably sell a bunch especially if you can have it available before the Anytime exhaust (which may be available Anytime before 2010). :smile:

this may sound ghetto, but I REALLY love the sound of the super cool custom made, FM system.

You can't compare a common v6, from v8 from any v10 I think. It's like apples to oranges. The Jag guys REALLY love the sound of my nsx apparently. It sounds a hell of alot cooler than their very own prized Jag XD220. They even said it was modeled after the nsx. Only WAY big, double the hp, $1,000,000 price tag, unreliable, true exotic, and stock sounds like a tractor, lol. The tractor comment is from jag's very own biggest fans, mechanics, and factory rep.

I mean the FM sounds "ghetto" until you actually get a chance to hear it in person. It's one of the coolest exhausts Ive ever heard. Powerwise..... I have no clue.

Mark911 said:
In my opinion the Gruppe M exhaust has the best tone. If you like a high pitch sound, its for you. The Gruppe M requires that you remove the cats, however. If you want to hear it, go to my website www.mscperformance.com and go to the video page. The "tunnel" clip is probably your best example. I've been having problems downloading my videos so be patient. Mark

SilverOne said:
Do a search for GruppeM. :)

Mark911's GruppeM tunnel vid is the only running GruppeM vid I can find. All the others are park-and-rev vids. :frown:

Based on written impressions, word of mouth, and the videos, the GruppeM sounds pretty amazing. :biggrin:

Neighbor down the road walk over and complimented my exhaust note. He said he prefer the raw throaty pitch over his. In return, I complimented the seemless tuneful pitch of his over mine.

His: 360 Spider with QuickSilver Exhaust.
Mine: Taitec Center Exhaust over SOS Header.

Each to their own, they sound beautiful yet unique. Why make it sound like something that it isn't?

Best Regards
Paul

PS: My vote for the best sounding exhaust is Eisenmann Exhaust on the Murcielago. IMPO, Nothing come close........ :eek:

I know the Eisenman I had on my CL600 sounded awesome. Deep, smooth, with a nasty howl at high RPM's. Can't believe Mercedes muffles that V12.

Esprit1 said:
Neighbor down the road walk over and complimented my exhaust note. He said he prefer the raw throaty pitch over his. In return, I complimented the seemless tuneful pitch of his over mine.

His: 360 Spider with QuickSilver Exhaust.
Mine: Taitec Center Exhaust over SOS Header.

Each to their own, they sound beautiful yet unique. Why make it sound like something that it isn't?

Best Regards
Paul

PS: My vote for the best sounding exhaust is Eisenmann Exhaust on the Murcielago. IMPO, Nothing come close........ :eek:

I can see it now, Ferrari owners start a thread that says, "How do I get my car to sound more like an NSX?":biggrin:

CL65 Captain said:
Yes, yes, yes... and you can probably sell a bunch especially if you can have it available before the Anytime exhaust (which may be available Anytime before 2010). :smile:

I dont know how serious you are but I'll start a new thread to gauge feasibility.

Without cats, will probably be able to ship within 1 month if factory temporarily stops one production line if I can get a minimum run that excites them (the boss mentioned 5) otherwise, a one=off depends on a slack period being available.

For cat version, I need to source for a suitable cat. Is magnaflow quality acceptable?

i'll try to find a clip of my setup many have commented to sound like a Ducatti or F car.

turbo- U got to remember the Zonda uses Merc V12 seen on the S, CL, SL before they went TT.

Back