• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factor X Wins Overall - beating AMS, Crawford & JIC. NSXs dominate all classes

Giving up the Modified RWD class to take on the big guns in the Unlimited Class, Factor X retired their Silver 3-time Modified RWD winning FX500 NSX to campaign a Black custom wide-body FX750 NSX.

After one test day at Spring Mountain, further shaking down at Super Street's "Lap Battle" at Buttonwillow (finishing a top 5 in class) Factor X headed to to the inaugural Redline Time Attack Finale held at Laguna Seca.

Factor X posted a final time of 1:31.4 at the famed circuit, a mere 3-tenths of a second faster than the Driving Ambition White Twin Turbo NSX with a time of 1:31.7 who was only a tenth of a second quicker than the JIC S15 Silvia and almost half a second faster than the AMS EVO.

A Driving Ambition NSX took home the win in the RWD Street class, RWD Modified class - taking over where Factor X left off, and Factor X took the Unlimited RWD and Overall win.

Not a bad weekend for NSXs at all. It was really nice to see more people involved in these events and showing that this 15 year old car can do compared to all of the EVO, STI, 350Z and S2000s out there...

1st Unlimited RWD & Overall:
DSC_0068.jpg

3rd Modified RWD (510), 2nd Unlimited RWD (NSX)
DSC_0729.jpg

3rd Unlimited RWD & Overall:
DSC_0058.jpg

1st Unlimited AWD:
DSC_0053.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Factor X Wins Overall - beating AMS, Crawford & JIC. NSXs dominate all classes

If I were AMS or JIC, I would just simply drop out of the competition after looking at that NSX and save myself some gas. I mean, it looks like something Darth Vader would drive. It's good to see that after 16 years the NSX can still look like a superstar and perform like one.

Re: Factor X Wins Overall - beating AMS, Crawford & JIC. NSXs dominate all classes

Awesome! Glad to hear the news guys!!! Wish I could have been there to see all that action!

JIC must feel like "WTF!???" after this event, .... given their dominance in the class in previous events... ;) ;) lol!

Sean

COngratulations to Factor X and the team!

Congrats guys!

Exciting. Sounds like it was close. Obviously this was a significant investment. But look, NSXes bringing it home in both classes- really what more could anyone ask for. Those results should guarantee front page mag coverage.

How did the time attack awards ceremony go? Thanks to the sponsors, organizers, corner workers, oil vendor, barista, sponsors, oh... what are those drivers names again? LOL. :biggrin:

I say post up the trophy pics in 1600X1200 Billy/Kip. Great job. :smile:

Wow, way to go guys!!! I knew you would take it. After seeing your skills first hand and the widebody beast, it was as good as in the bag.

Now maybe Mikey will finally take my car in! :biggrin:

Thanks for the congrats guys! It was a rough go and a miracle that we were able to pull it off. Other than the fact that the car is not yet complete, we have only run it three times, had a busted turbo, restricted dual inline exhaust packed with steel wool, aero issues, ripped off the front bumper, scraped away the front splitter, and could not communicate with our MoTeC it was a perfect weekend. The only thing we had going for us is we had the best driver in the field and a crew that was too stupid to give up! More of a write up with pics soon.

who had the white one? Congrats on the win!

Last edited:

Congrats and keep up the good work guys! :smile:

Congrats to the Factor X Guys............................
It was great to see Mike and Ken again. Was fun to meet Billy and watch him drive (most fun was seeing him drive the 510). Their nsx was a monster and should get even faster with time. I was very happy with our results. Even though this was the first time we have ever run one of these events, I was hoping to get each one of our NSX's in the top three in each class (we did better and made the top 2).
Kip Olson 2nd overall in Unlimited (in Steve Ghent's white twin-turbo track car)
Kip Olson 1st in Modified RWD & 2nd overall in modified (in his red Comptech Supercharged NSX)
Igor Lyustin 2nd in stock RWD and overall by just a couple of hundredths (in his black Lovefab turbo NSX)
Thanks to all of the organizers and Factor X for giving us something to shoot for next year.
Cheers, Shad
PS. I was even more pleased with our results since we had a tractor driver and business man driving the cars.:wink:

PS. I was even more pleased with our results since we had a tractor driver and business man driving the cars.:wink:

Now I know where I recognized Kip's driving style from....we both have attended the Caterpillar operators driver training course.:wink:

It is wonderful to see people in the NSX business circles do so well in this event. We all celebrate a little bit with you knowing the time you have spent in development and helping others with their cars.:smile:

Joe

Kudos to ya!! Remember, if it was easy, everyone would do it!!(even Ferrari):biggrin: Seriously, you be the man!!(or men - don't mean to short any of the ladies, any involved - someone has to make the coffee!!):-:wink:

Thanks for the congrats guys! It was a rough go and a miracle that we were able to pull it off. Other than the fact that the car is not yet complete, we have only run it three times, had a busted turbo, restricted dual inline exhaust packed with steel wool, aero issues, ripped off the front bumper, scraped away the front splitter, and could not communicate with our MoTeC it was a perfect weekend. The only thing we had going for us is we had the best driver in the field and a crew that was too stupid to give up! More of a write up with pics soon.

Also, congrats on 3rd in your 510.
Any more pics?
Have looked for a nice 510 through the yrs, struck out and ended up getting a 71 2002 (twice) Again, great to see a 37 yr old car kicking butt.

...ripped off the front bumper, scraped away the front splitter...

DUDE!!! I TOLD YOU that front bumper and splitter wasn't going to last very long. :tongue: :biggrin: Remember when I shook my head when you said that this was the last set. Now you are screwed, what just one more left? LOL! :biggrin: Go get that thing to a body shop and start making replicas asap! :tongue: :biggrin:

Congrats to FactorX & Driving Ambition as well as all the drivers. You guys have represented the community well!

Cheers,
-- Chris

I will be posting a writeup of the event today, but I wanted to at least get the Top 20 results posted on the boards.

Laguna Seca Finale
Top 20

1. Billy Johnson FactorX NSX 1:31.440 U-RWD
2. Kip Olsen Driving Ambition NSX 1:31.777 U-RWD
3. Tyler McQuarrie JIC/Hankook Tires S-15 1:31.814 U-RWD
4. Brian Lock GST Motorsports Impreza 1:31.851 U-AWD
5. Paul Gerard AMS EVO 1:32.089 U-AWD
6. Steve Mitchell M-Workz 350z 1:33.049 U-RWD
7. Navid Kahangi PDX Tuning STI 1:34.388 U-AWD
8. Christian Miller 034 Motorsport A4 1:35.722 M-AWD
9. Kip Olsen Driving Ambition NSX 1:36.552 M-RWD
10. Scott Bush Double Down 350z 1:38.301 U-RWD
11. Scott Bush Relentless Auto 350z 1:38.409 M-RWD
12. Billy Johnson Team Kaneko Datsun 510 1:38.575 M-RWD
13. James Elterman Nukabe/Cusco STI 1:38.699 M-AWD
14. JC Meynet Harmon Motive STI 1:39.526 M-AWD
15. Craig Dabbs AGP Turbo SRT-4 1:40.238 U-FWD
16. JC Meynet Harmon Motive STI 1:40.367 S-AWD
17. Matt Andrews Fair Enough Comp. Miata 1:41.206 M-RWD
18. Igor Iyustin Driving Ambition NSX 1:42.160 S-RWD
19. Jeremy Renshaw 240sx 1:42.162 M-RWD
20. Matt Andrews Fair Enough Comp. Supra 1:42.187 S-RWD

Both JIC and AMS were able to run low 1:31's in the final practice session just before the final Time Attack round, but were not able to duplicate those efforts in the Time Attack. Had they been able to duplicate those times, we would have had 5 cars separated by a total of .4 seconds. AN EXTREMELY CLOSE CONTEST!!!

^^^^
W O W

those are some close times! These events are getting batter and better!
Congrats to everyone invovled again! :D

Big congrats to Ken, Mikey and the whole Factor X crew, here are some of my pictures, enjoy!

IMG_6554.jpg

IMG_6557.jpg

IMG_6559.jpg

IMG_6560.jpg

IMG_6563.jpg

IMG_6565.jpg

IMG_6576.jpg

IMG_6579.jpg

IMG_6587.jpg

IMG_6611.jpg

IMG_6600.jpg

IMG_6626.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg

IMG_6630.jpg

IMG_6641.jpg

IMG_6642.jpg

IMG_6643.jpg

IMG_6658.jpg

IMG_6659.jpg

IMG_6700.jpg

Nik,

Thank you very much for hosting such a well run event. I know you are getting quite a bit of heat due to the sound restrictions:rolleyes: There really should not be any flak as I know we received numerous emails notifying us about this issue well in advance of the event. Although our initial plan did not work we were able to improvise on the last session to make things work. Thanks again and we are looking foward to the new season with a completed unlimited NSX!

Congrats to FactorX & Driving Ambition as well as all the drivers. You guys have represented the community well!

Cheers,
-- Chris

Thank you Chris for the support!

IMG_6711.jpg

IMG_6794.jpg

IMG_6768.jpg

IMG_6777.jpg

sIMG_6765.jpg

IMG_6970.jpg

IMG_6731.jpg

IMG_6802.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg

IMG_6875.jpg

IMG_6934.jpg

IMG_6935.jpg

IMG_6943.jpg

DUDE!!! I TOLD YOU that front bumper and splitter wasn't going to last very long. :tongue: :biggrin: Remember when I shook my head when you said that this was the last set. Now you are screwed, what just one more left? LOL! :biggrin: Go get that thing to a body shop and start making replicas asap! :tongue: :biggrin:

We may have to make some more of these as many people have been inquiring. Dont worry though we managed to get the bumper back on with some sheet metal straps and about 40 sheet metal screws! The body guy is not going to be happy...

Back