• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally an owner...

Had the distinct pleasure yesterday of picking up a pristine '97 T from Prime member tom4416 yesterday and drove it from his home in VA to it's new home in TN last night. Tom is a great guy an it was my pleasure to meet and deal with him. I cannot imagine a transaction being any easier or more pleasurable. I've wanted an NSX since '91 and am finally living the dream. Here's a pic from Tom's auction and I'll post up more as the week progresses:

9939_12.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats, I guess :( With any luck, I'll be posting my new yellow w/automatic up this week (yes, slush box but I have no medical choice). Steve was as excited as a kid at Christmas, picked the car up on an absolutely beautiful fall day and then had perfect weather to go from Va. to Tenn. and to then go see his Titans remain undefeated.

At least I know it went to a good home but still hard to let go of an almost perfect 97 to now take a risk on another one.

Congrats, I guess :( With any luck, I'll be posting my new yellow w/automatic up this week (yes, slush box but I have no medical choice). Steve was as excited as a kid at Christmas, picked the car up on an absolutely beautiful fall day and then had perfect weather to go from Va. to Tenn. and to then go see his Titans remain undefeated.

At least I know it went to a good home but still hard to let go of an almost perfect 97 to now take a risk on another one.

Tom, I'll do my best to take as good care of her as you did. I know how it feels to have to let one you've gotten attached to go so I can emphasize. Be sure to keep me posted on what happens with the Spa Yellow one, OK?

Congrats! That NSX was an incredible find. You did very well snatching it up. I've got friends in the Franklin area (music industry folk) and that area is quite beautiful.

I seldom get there but would like to look you up if I do. Love to see the car.

Cheers!
Shaun

I can't say for sure how often something "official" goes on around the area. Some of the other TN Prime members might have a better feel for that since they've owned cars in the area for longer than my 1 month tenure :smile:

There would be plenty of opportunities though given the number of small shows, meets, and drives that go on in the area for other clubs.

Congrats again, Steve. The drive home must have been pure bliss! :) Just drop me a line when you decide that you just have to drive that thing out west. ;) :D

Graeme

Tom,

Don't despair, the auto is not that bad, sure not as quick as a stick, but it is the next best thing when in sport shift mode. Enjoy and don’t strain a finger when shifting!

Mario

Congrats man. Wish I had a 97 up. Looks like you made a good choice.

Wow she looks to be in great shape.
More pics please.

Any mods coming?

Welcome and Congrats on the new ride! :smile: This is a great forum and it is nice to find a car that was well taken care of by a fellow enthusiast. Enjoy!

Welcome and Congrats!!!

Hi stevieray,

Congrats on your buy.

I purchased my NSX earlier this year from VA also and live in Nashville, TN. I actually work in Franklin.

You should make a post in the Southeast US Region forum so your local area members could give you a warm welcome and hopefully schedule a meet sometime soon.

-Dan

Last edited:
Congrats again, Steve. The drive home must have been pure bliss! :) Just drop me a line when you decide that you just have to drive that thing out west. ;) :D

Graeme

Graeme, I wondered if you would see this. Tell Mike & Chris what's up---

Congrats man. Wish I had a 97 up. Looks like you made a good choice.

Thanks. Didn't know if I would be able to find a '97 in the price range but I got lucky, for sure.

Wow she looks to be in great shape.
More pics please.

Any mods coming?

She is in incredible condition. Pics will come soon. Only mods planned for now is an authentic set of Zanardi mats, including the trunk mat. A bud of mine at Acura of Augusta hooked me up.

Sorry Stevieray,

I was so busy consoling Tom, that I forgot to congratulate you on your new NSX, and yes RED is a nice color!

Mario

haha Thanks, Mario. The Formula Red is definitely a showstopper.

Welcome and Congrats on the new ride! :smile: This is a great forum and it is nice to find a car that was well taken care of by a fellow enthusiast. Enjoy!

I am, believe me!

Hi stevieray,

Congrats on your buy.

I purchased my NSX earlier this year from VA also and live in Nashville, TN. I actually work in Franklin.

You should make a post in the Southeast US Region forum so your local area members could give you a warm welcome and hopefully schedule a meet sometime soon.

-Dan

Dan, I'll do that. Hit me up on PM sometime and we'll hook up.

Back