• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

First drive after Turbo Install. Anyone ever seen this happen before?

EAC

Legendary Member
This happened 1 mile from my house. I got home, looked out back and noticed a trail of oil down the street and into my driveway.
Dip was still close to full, but that didn't keep the entire backend of my car (Brand new paintjob) from getting sprayed with oil.

Anyhow, I've messed with AN fittings for a long time and have never seen or heard of this happening before.

:eek:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 540551_10150735060848402_500043401_9718725_956574268_n.jpg
    540551_10150735060848402_500043401_9718725_956574268_n.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 586
In case you can't see, the AN Fitting broke in half.

overtightened?

Or, more likely than that, when the MAD JDM TYTE VTEC engages... watch the fawk out!!!! Obviously, from an engineering standpoint, that AN fitting wasn't b uilt for the extreme rigors of MAD JDM TYTE VTEC. If you intend to engage MAD JDM TYTE VTEC on a regular basis, you need military grade fittings.

overtightened?

Or, more likely than that, when the MAD JDM TYTE VTEC engages... watch the fawk out!!!! Obviously, from an engineering standpoint, that AN fitting wasn't b uilt for the extreme rigors of MAD JDM TYTE VTEC. If you intend to engage MAD JDM TYTE VTEC on a regular basis, you need military grade fittings.

I thought it had to do with the wheelie I popped? :biggrin:

This happened 1 mile from my house. I got home, looked out back and noticed a trail of oil down the street and into my driveway.
Dip was still close to full, but that didn't keep the entire backend of my car (Brand new paintjob) from getting sprayed with oil.

Anyhow, I've messed with AN fittings for a long time and have never seen or heard of this happening before.

attachment.php

It’s more common than u think with a couple reasons/possibilities.

1) There is a big difference in anodized and hard anodized an fits.. about twice the price.. I would only use hard anodized an fittings.

2) AN fittings were designed to be used "hand tight" .. if a wrench made a mark on the "not hard anodized" aluminum.. you are cranking them down a lil hard.

3) I think ur a cool kat Eric... but your blue and red AN fittings look gay... no pun to mr Wilson there... I’m just saying

The product you want to switch all your an fittings to is the Earls "Anno-Tuff"... the other huge benefit to added strength is they won’t discolor... like ever... There are over $300 in fittings on our catch can.. I won’t sell it without 100% ano-tuf fittings though.. same reason you started this thread.

Here is a link ...

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...=1+2+3+13+1147708&searchTerm=Earl's+Ano-Tuff+

and I only know where to get BLACK AN FITTING E-DOGG... THAT WAS BLACK AN - FITTINGS ERIC :)

I’ll bet you won’t sell your lovefab to go back to Basch boost… and nice 37r choice

Peace

It’s more common than u think with a couple reasons/possibilities.

1) There is a big difference in anodized and hard anodized an fits.. about twice the price.. I would only use hard anodized an fittings.

2) AN fittings were designed to be used "hand tight" .. if a wrench made a mark on the "not hard anodized" aluminum.. you are cranking them down a lil hard.

3) I think ur a cool kat Eric... but your blue and red AN fittings look gay... no pun to mr Wilson there... I’m just saying

The product you want to switch all your an fittings to is the Earls "Anno-Tuff"... the other huge benefit to added strength is they won’t discolor... like ever... There are over $300 in fittings on our catch can.. I won’t sell it without 100% ano-tuf fittings though.. same reason you started this thread.

Here is a link ...

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...=1+2+3+13+1147708&searchTerm=Earl's+Ano-Tuff+

and I only know where to get BLACK AN FITTING E-DOGG... THAT WAS BLACK AN - FITTINGS ERIC :)

I’ll bet you won’t sell your lovefab to go back to Basch boost… and nice 37r choice

Peace

Trust me, I can't agree more on fitting's. They came with the kit so that's what I used. I normally use all Black Fittings and Hose or Startlite fittings. This gives me a reason to upgrade the hose too, I had dealing with SS hose.. tears my fingers up! :biggrin:

Once you go black... :eek:

Earls "Anno-Tuff"... black is a nice color... just make sure you get Earls "Anno-Tuff"...

they are the strongest and mopst durable of what ive seen.

attachment.php

Hard to tell from the picture but theres no way the sway bar hit it?

Hard anodizing is great for corrosion resistance and general surface wear and tear abuse, but it would not have stopped this from happening. If you can ensure nothing hit it it might be a good idea to get a stainless steel fitting instead. I wouldn't be surprised if it was installed too tight though like said above.

Last edited:

Hard anodizing is great for corrosion resistance and general surface wear and tear abuse, but it would not have stopped this from happening. If you can ensure nothing hit it it might be a good idea to get a stainless steel fitting instead. I wouldn't be surprised if it was installed too tight though like said above.

nice eye!!!!!!!!

again..../ the FI god picks it out ftw

Yep, you were right. I got my new fitting, installed it and when I went to tighten the sway bar up, sure nuff, it binded against the sway bar. Bye Bye dead weight! :biggrin:

I had the same issue, what brand is?
Mine was goodbridge, I had a oil leak, and few month after a crack.
No problem with earl, summit, aeromotive.

I'm not sure what brand it was..

Back