• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fortune RX7 - WOW.

i spotted this car in the spy shot of fast furious 3 in the previous thread.

its fortune rx7 and wow this is one fine bodykit

all i can say is WOW:biggrin:

l6.jpg

l5.jpg

l2.jpg

l4.jpg

umm... doesn't it say VeilSide on the window sticker tho? not Fortune...
I think this kit won Japan's SEMA equivalent best of show according to Modified mag a few months back :)

A bit over done for my taste, but the workmanship is definitely there.

*edit: my bad, it is a VeilSide Fortune style :) only so much my brain can hold

GeNSX

:biggrin: Paint it all black, it looks like Darth Vader!! That is frig-n beautiful car!!!! Love those wheels too!!

Texas91Brent said:
:biggrin: Paint it all black, it looks like Darth Vader!! That is frig-n beautiful car!!!! Love those wheels too!!

i agree. it does look like darth vader. but i love how they covered up that ugly tailight(IMO).

unfortunately this kit is all sold-out....:(

GeNSX said:
I think this kit won Japan's SEMA equivalent best of show according to Modified mag a few months back :)
GeNSX

ya true. don't like Modified mag tho. it has zero content don't buy it!

I'll give it props for workmanship, but thats an ugly RX7. The body lines of an RX7 are so nice as is... Why ruin it!? I know its completely subjective, but thumbs down IMO.

I like RX7. I was thinking of buying one before but that one was own by a prince. I thought the original rear lamp was stylish. Why cover it?

same goes for me, I almost always like the stock look of cars better then kits. Iv only seen this and the fortune nsx ( also in f&f3) and imho havent liked either... its a bit overboard for me. they change too much of the car... basically everythink is different on there cars, or so it seems to me. :redface:

DeNguyen said:
I'll give it props for workmanship, but thats an ugly RX7. The body lines of an RX7 are so nice as is... Why ruin it!? I know its completely subjective, but thumbs down IMO.

ditto.

Actually as far as body kits go I this one looks pretty sharp. I think those rivet things on the hood could probably go, and the back could probably use a little tweaking. The back is little to plain.. I too like the OEM look as far as taillights but with the widebody not sure how it would look. Over all though, from the front it has a McLaren look to it.

I generally dislike kits, because they just destroy the original asthetics of the car. In this case, Fortune somehow managed to completely change the look of the car, but in my opinion, in an entirely good way. Sure, the RX-7 is a great looking car, but DAMN.

I personally don't like it - my RX7 looks just fine stock :smile:

(okay, I admit upgrading to the '99 look :biggrin: )

The Veilside kit is $11,000 if I recall.

I've always felt bodykits that complement the car look much more stylish than a bodykit intended to change the entire look, including bodylines, of the car.

Ugly car + ugly wheels = FUGLY :biggrin:

The exposed fasteners holding the whole thing together are an especially crude touch. Not for me!

That is a pretty wild looking car...I would be afraid to drive it for fear something would happen to it though.

Of course with a body kit like this the little things start to become noticable.. the body panel alignment, especailly on the hood is pretty noticable.

The original RX7 looks beautiful as it is. This kit successfully transformed the car to, you guessed it, an ugly KIT car. To each his own. Often, people see a radical design and get awed by it. IMO, this is really because it looks different than stock and people simply get stimulated. The way I look at this kit is that if Mazda actually produced their RX7 looking like this stock, people will laugh their asses off. Same goes for the Veilside NSX. Then again, it is just my take. Different strokes.
Steve

Soichiro said:
Ugly car + ugly wheels = FUGLY :biggrin:

The exposed fasteners holding the whole thing together are an especially crude touch. Not for me!
I agree with you, IMO the fasteners makes the car look cheap, and the kit itself worthless.

Back