• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FS: NSX headers

Re: Headers

Here are the 95-04 headers
3yns805.jpg

3ypbuw9.jpg

2zj04rq.jpg

29m4rvb.jpg

:biggrin:

It looks like these do not have the flex tube on the collector is that right? And would that also mean that they are more or less likely to crack under flex / stress?

some insights...

It looks like these do not have the flex tube on the collector is that right?
That is correct, there is no flex-pipe joint on the headers pictured above which are meant for '95+ NSX models.

enkrypt3d said:
And would that also mean that they are more or less likely to crack under flex / stress?
No, that is not correct. The flex-pipe joint which is found on the '91-'94 headers (also being sold in this thread) are the ones prone to cracking over time, as evidenced by similarly-styled aftermarket headers (ie. DC Sports '91-'94 NSX headers w/ the flex-pipe joint).

So, in a nut-shell... the version of the headers meant for '95+ NSX models offered in this thread lack the flex-pipe joint which may be prone to cracking/failing.

Make sense? :)

hey trev...you seem to be in the know about these headers...i'm from canada also...(winnipeg) and was going to order a set seeing as they have got good reviews...just wondering how the shipping works...i'm a rookie...do you have to pay a brokerage fee or something or does the seller look after these things...thanks ..johnny

You have headers.....
Gone home sick, talk to you laterz.
Trev

Well, my purchase is pending on the dyno results and fitment of the 95+ style on a 95-95 model. Common, there should be plenty of 95-Ts out there that would take a plunge. If the results are the same if not better than the 91-94 style, than I'm sold. Patiently waiting...

You probably just hit your EASY button from Staples that sits on your desk.
Did you check the sound out of my home built flowmaster.
It really rips man.
I have been told its only good for 4-8 hp but the sound and the price was right.
Trev

would it be beneficial to upgrade to high-flow cats when using headers and a catback system? Or does it really not matter?

Just ordered these from Aaron @ Top Speed Inc... Cant wait!!!

Altho for some reason he didn't know about the 3 year warranty and said that Mark has left the company 3 weeks ago?? :confused:

I just got a PM from Mark last night too weird.....

Aaron said he could only give me a 3 month warranty on these headers... hrm.

Ok, thats just a mixup.....
I'll call down there tomorrow and fix things up.
Its not Aaron that is takin this stuff over for Mark.... I'm just at home and can't remember who is again.
Will post tomorrow.
Trev
Edited Friday morning April 4/2008
Sent an email down to Brandon and a cc'n to Mark.
The new contact is Brandon down at Top Speed.
Not sure why he hasn't posted here yet.
Mark has moved on to another company in another state, but is still helping out with loose ends.
This is all I know and all I can do.
Trev

Last edited:
Ok, thats just a mixup.....
I'll call down there tomorrow and fix things up.
Its not Aaron that is takin this stuff over for Mark.... I'm just at home and can't remember who is again.
Will post tomorrow.
Trev
Edited Friday morning April 4/2008
Sent an email down to Brandon and a cc'n to Mark.
The new contact is Brandon down at Top Speed.
Not sure why he hasn't posted here yet.
Mark has moved on to another company in another state, but is still helping out with loose ends.
This is all I know and all I can do.
Trev

Thanks Trev! I sent my $ to Aaron though is that correct? He said he should be sending out the parts today.

Hello guys my name is brandon and have taken over the nsx parts in his absence. I will do a 1yr warranty no questions asked. 3yrs i will have to talk with the owner john about next monday. Feel free to call me with any questions regarding these headers!!! :biggrin:

email: [email protected]
phone:972-233-0888

thank you
-B

Just received my headers today at the office. A bit of over kill on the tape on the boxes and the bubble wrap. Took me 30 minutes to cut away all that tape! lol but of course thats not really a complaint!

They look great! some adhesive did stick to the headers so I'll have to clean them up a bit. I'm thinking of having them ceramic coated... What do you guys think?

I only need one o2 sensor extension cable right?

And are the gaskets that came with it, are they the same as the OEM gaskets? These gaskets looks like its 2 thin pieces of metal, with some card board type paper sandwiched between. Are these sufficient for installation?

The headers do look good and I can't wait to put them on! Thanks guys! I'll try to get some pictures taken tomorrow.

Just received my headers today at the office. A bit of over kill on the tape on the boxes and the bubble wrap. Took me 30 minutes to cut away all that tape! lol but of course thats not really a complaint!

They look great! some adhesive did stick to the headers so I'll have to clean them up a bit. I'm thinking of having them ceramic coated... What do you guys think?

I only need one o2 sensor extension cable right?

And are the gaskets that came with it, are they the same as the OEM gaskets? These gaskets looks like its 2 thin pieces of metal, with some card board type paper sandwiched between. Are these sufficient for installation?

The headers do look good and I can't wait to put them on! Thanks guys! I'll try to get some pictures taken tomorrow.
Those gaskets work but honestly i would get something different if you can find it. Those gaskets usually only lasy about a yr. I would get a stock one for the manifold to head and find the others....

Gents,

I had my headers installed yesterday by Acura of Brookfield. Two things happened, 1) the tech said the alignment for the holes sucked, so he had to drill the holes out larger to get them to line up 2) Only one O2 sensor cable thingy came with the headers, and there needs to be another, so they had to fabricate one in the shop (and charge me another $50 or so for it).

Anyway, I wish I would have had a nice day to listen to the sound better, but it was raining and nasty on my way home from the dealership. I did notice the throttle seemed more responsive and there is certainty more snort (sound wise).

I will take it out today and get the windows down and take a better listen. Everything sounds so muffled in the cabin when its raining heavily.

Which holes on which header?
Front? Back? Engine Bolt holes? Cat Bolt holes?
Do you have stock Cats? Test Pipes?
What other comments did they have?
Too bad you only got one cable and not the two that should have been in your bag.
Trev
Need to know the facts!

No idea which header or what holes. I believe it was only one of the two, though.
I have stock cats.
Other comments, none.

Sorry I don't have more info, but they are on and that is what's important (to me!).

Anyway, I just came back from a short ride and here are my thoughts:

The car feels like it has more power, when I hit the vtec range it really hammers.

They aren't as loud as I expected them to be, but the sound is different. (I have an Ark exhaust)

The power band feels strong all the way through.

Before the exhaust had a higher pitch and now it sounds more deep and throaty.

Anyway, for the money, I'm happy. Even with the extra cost of drilling the holes and fabricating a new harness I've spent less for the hardware and install than I would have for a set of "higher end" headers themselves.

Good bang for the buck as far as I'm concerned.

Ya, thats the general consensus!
Snap some pics if you have time, just stick your camera under there and shot!
Trev

I can probably manage that, there isn't much to see though. I stuck my head under the car before my drive and you can only see the rear one, and not to good either!

My car is mess from being in the rain, which I NEVER drive in. It needs a bath, then I'll get some pics.

Which holes on which header?
Front? Back? Engine Bolt holes? Cat Bolt holes?
Do you have stock Cats? Test Pipes?
What other comments did they have?
Too bad you only got one cable and not the two that should have been in your bag.
Trev
Need to know the facts!

Mine only came with one o2 extension cable as well... I guess I should be looking to get a 2nd eh? Along with new OEM gaskets.

I don't remember if mine came with one or two O2 extension wires. I believe only one as that is all you need. But, if you need two, it definitely came with two as I didn't have to go buy anything extra.

I swapped to the new header gaskets that came with the headers, even though my OEM ones looked fine. No problems so far.

Back