• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FS: NSX headers

Has anyone used these headers on a '97+ nsx? if so was the fitment good?
how about increase in hp vs oem headers?

Couple more sets sold. Limited supply left. Get them while they are still here!

Hey MR2,

I'm contacting you on behalf of ChongLee(he is at work), can you PM me your phone number ASAP?

I sent payment some time ago and haven't heard anything since. Are my headers shipped? If so what is the tracking number?

Please PM me with your name and the date of payment and I will get you a tracking number!

Anyone used these on a na2 yet???

I recently purchased Topspeed Headers from MR2Liter. I wanted to post up a dyno graph of my results. I will post up the before and after soon. I do have the dyno graph of the Topspeed header and the Prospeed Rom tune.

DETAILS

Dyno: Dynojet

The car has about 62,XXX miles on it
Mods- Stock airbox with comptech filter, Taitec GTLW exhaust, Top Speed Headers, Prospeed Stage 2 Rom Chip.

Note: We forgot to delete the older text that says "prospeed chip version 2" and "Airfilter with 3.5 velocity stack" We did some extra tuning with it and made the same hp so we kept the existing OEM airbox.

364bf414.jpg

RESULTS

Blue line indicates run with only comptech filter, taitec GTLW exhaust, and Top Speed Headers.

Purple line indicated run with comptech filter, taitec GTLW exhaust, Top Speed Headers, and Prospeed Rom Stage 2

-Peak 270 HP with 204ft lbs of torque
-As you can see we picked up around 8 hp to 14 hp Throughout the powerband. 11hp at 7000rpm.
-The NSX saw excellent gains in torque gain from 8ft lbs of torque to 15ft lbs of torque.
-I was impressed with the torque from around 3000 to 5000 as we gain around 15ft lbs of torque throughout.

We base lined stock with just an exhaust at 256HP and 190ft lbs of torque.
With the Topspeed headers we made 265HP and 198ft lbs of torque.

I was hoping to make 12 to 14hp but i am not dissapointed with the gains for the price. The Topspeed headers picked up about 9 to 10hp throughout and made around 8 to 9ft lbs of torque. For $625 shipped you can't touch it. You might be able to see a few more hp with a fujitsubo headers but expect to pay $2,200 and up. The welds of the fujitsubo headers are flawless! Wish i had the extra bucks.

Here are pics of the installation

07abc445.jpg

33cd7afd.jpg

e9726066.jpg

4a4fc932.jpg

dd730772.jpg

263ba1fc.jpg

All in all i was happy with the Topspeed headers. You can't beat the loss of 15 to 20lbs from the OEM header, the fitment, gains in horsepower, and the extra money left in your pocket. I personally recommend the Topspeed headers.

Last edited:
i am also quite please with the result so far.
work quality looks good. sound is vicious.
and ofcourse, performance is indeed noticable.
nothing like "boost" etc etc etc, but
surprisingly decent.

fyi this is my first header mod ever. lol :biggrin:

i am also quite please with the result so far.
work quality looks good. sound is vicious.
and ofcourse, performance is indeed noticable.
nothing like "boost" etc etc etc, but
surprisingly decent.

fyi this is my first header mod ever. lol :biggrin:

Congrats! Get it on the dyno! :smile:

By NA2 you are talking about a 3.2L motor? Chong's is a 3.0L in a '96.
I'm sorry I guess what I ment to say was that he has bought the newer style 95-04 headers.

just ordered, lets see how these go ;]

Sergey,

There is an issue with the header I bought. Please respond to right away. I can be reached at (206) 228-5988 or via PM or email.

Thanks

Ok so here is the deal, just phone down to Top Speed and talked to one of the sales guys that does not go on nsxprime. The Manager, Mark, is out til tomorrow. So call down and leave a message for Mark to call you and check the board and help you out. The number is below.
1-888-810-0888
Sergey doesn't work there anymore and this has happened before, Mark will step up I'm sure like last time and do you right.

Give him a call. Another nice person to talk to.
Trev

Marks email is on the website below:

http://www.topspeedauto.com/Templates/staff.htm

Back