• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fully Built Turbo Nsx 800 + HP "Coming Soon"

i've never seen a timeslip or video......

you know what they say about that......

Actually, now it's coming back to me. I remember talking to them (Factor X) about their chase for the mythical 9's and them getting very, very close. But it was right about the time they were having much success with the Time Attacks and so they dropped the 9 sec pursuit in favor for the track races. They had gotten the closest but never did, so it would appear that no NSX has officially made it into the 9's.

What are you planning to do with this when complete? The only way you are gonna make that kind of power would be with race fuel, which is going to get kinda expensive after a tank or two....lol. Or with E85 which isn't available to us here in central NJ. Level 10 had given me a price of around $6-8k to build a tranny for my RS6 that would handle 800hp. To be honest when my car was making 600/525 HP/tq it really wasn't much fun unless you were playing highway bomber in 5th gear due to loss of traction. It's not much fun going sideways at 100mph in 3rd gear. But good luck and be safe.

if you want to minitub that thing, I can do it for you.

Would look good with a 10.5W in the back of it...

Let me know.

I thought lovefab broke into the 9's or maybe it was someone else but pretty sure it's been done.

I remember Adam suruwatari breaking records in his Nitto sponsored Nsx back in the day, I don't heare any one make reference to his car maybe it's been to long or he dosent count, if I am not mistaken it was fast.:biggrin:

We care confident this will be the first Nsx in the high 9's at least

Nope there is no proof that Factor X or Cody has run in the nines. Factor X ran a 10.02 and the next fastest is 10.39 by CCathey(who is sometimes here on prime) . So someone needs to run in the nines soon.

What are you planning to do with this when complete
Daily Driver

Fuel question:We are running E85 & yes it is available all over Florida
We are running E85 & yes it is available all over Florida.
I believe Level 10 was much cheaper than that for the Nsx
My car at 600hp with
Nitto 555R 305/35/18 Drag Radials
Dead hooked off the line must be the tires you had on .
Also the car will be set-up with boost by gear so it will only use want it can handle in each gear.

What are you planning to do with this when complete? The only way you are gonna make that kind of power would be with race fuel, which is going to get kinda expensive after a tank or two....lol. Or with in E85 which isn't available to us herecentral NJ. Level 10 had given me a price of around $6-8k to build a tranny for my RS6 that would handle 800hp. To be honest when my car was making 600/525 HP/tq it really wasn't much fun unless you were playing highway bomber in 5th gear due to loss of traction. It's not much fun going sideways at 100mph in 3rd gear. But good luck and be safe.

Last edited:
NA1MT
1)What are you planning to do with this when complete:Weekend Warrior
2)We are running E85 & yes it is available all over Florida
3)Level 10 Race tranny I believe was around 3-4 K
4)Traction Question>I was pushing prior to this almost 600 Rwhp
My car dead hooked off the line with Nitto 555R Drag Radials 305/35/18 of course these boundaries will be tested to new heights .I will update tire performance after testing.

What are you planning to do with this when complete? The only way you are gonna make that kind of power would be with race fuel, which is going to get kinda expensive after a tank or two....lol. Or with E85 which isn't available to us here in central NJ. Level 10 had given me a price of around $6-8k to build a tranny for my RS6 that would handle 800hp. To be honest when my car was making 600/525 HP/tq it really wasn't much fun unless you were playing highway bomber in 5th gear due to loss of traction. It's not much fun going sideways at 100mph in 3rd gear. But good luck and be safe.

Out of curiosity, is the automatic Level 10 tranny you are referring to a completely custom NSX application? FYI, there was a member BAYNSAC that had his automatic tranny built by Level 10 to handle the extra HPs from his Prospeed Turbo kit; end result was catastrophic tranny failure with about 360WHP to the wheels.

I did read about that I am not sure but they are the only company offering this upgrade I believe anyone else here have feedback on Level 10 trannys

Out of curiosity, is the automatic Level 10 tranny you are referring to a completely custom NSX application? FYI, there was a member BAYNSAC that had his automatic tranny built by Level 10 to handle the extra HPs from his Prospeed Turbo kit; end result was catastrophic tranny failure with about 360WHP to the wheels.

I remember Adam suruwatari breaking records in his Nitto sponsored Nsx back in the day, I don't heare any one make reference to his car maybe it's been to long or he dosent count, if I am not mistaken it was fast.:biggrin:

I don't think he counts because that car was hardly an NSX, it was powered by that motor, but the chasis wasn't really a street driven NSX chassis.

What are you planning to do with this when complete
Daily Driver

Fuel question:We are running E85 & yes it is available all over Florida
We are running E85 & yes it is available all over Florida.
I believe Level 10 was much cheaper than that for the Nsx
My car at 600hp with
Nitto 555R 305/35/18 Drag Radials
Dead hooked off the line must be the tires you had on .
Also the car will be set-up with boost by gear so it will only use want it can handle in each gear.

Good luck, but I'm just being honest here, I don't think it's going to be that easy. Factor X tried every manner of tires and it was hard to get it too hook. The main problem I see is that even on a 305 wide tire (and I think you need a wider tire) you aren't getting the full tire contact patch and that is with the camber completely adjusted to the max. Then when the car squats under boost, it makes it even worse as the suspension moves up and tires rotates in. You'll need some sort of camber correction kit to make sure the tires get full contact.

And IF you happen to manage to get full tire hookup on launch, all that torque is going to wreak havoc on your your entire drivetrain from your lug bolts all the way up to your clutch. It will be quite frustrating to play the game of find your weakest link, fix, then find the next. Perhaps you'll get lucky, but I wasn't able to find many stock components in the drivetrain that could handle the 600+ ft. lbs. of torque and they never broke at the same time (only sequentially). And dropping the engine every single time got very tiring and expensive.

if you want to minitub that thing, I can do it for you.

Would look good with a 10.5W in the back of it...

Let me know.

Mini tub to get width is not going to help much. Little help sure, but not really. Tire height is what is going to help. When I went from a 24.6 inch tall tire to a 26.1 inch tall tire in the same width I was BLOWN AWAY. Car hooked good.

The order of getting more grip on a car is as follows:

1. Softer side wall
2. Tire height
3. Tire Compound
4. Tire width

Here lets read:

http://www.enginebasics.com/Chassis Tuning/Tire Contact Patch.html

I remember reading an article about the ferrari enzo WAY back when it was going to come out about how the engineers where upset that they had to increase the sprung weight of the car going to a larger diameter rear wheel, but it was the only way they could get the car to hook and be somewhat drivable. I think it runs OVER A 27" DIAMETER TIRE. DAMN!

Another example. Buddy with a mustang was running the widest tire he could that was 25.8" diameter and the car was a mess. All over the track. IT was a full slick and he didn't understand how guys pull wheelies and what not. I told him he needed more diameter. 25.8" was not going to cut it. He went from a 305 width slick to a 275 width slick and jumped up to a 27.4" tire and the first time out it hooked so good he bogged. Next run he lifted the front wheels. Now explain to me how a SAME MANUFACTURER, SAME COMPOUND TIRE, that is SMALLER IN TIRE WIDTH can do that.....I'll tell you how. Width is not all that and a bag of chips, but man it sure makes the car look good. :)

JR

Last edited:
I always see so much speculation of this can't be done. Yes it can. Might take a custom built tranny and axles. Like the OP said boost by gear and trial and error. Where there is a will there is a way

I always see so much speculation of this can't be done. Yes it can. Might take a custom built tranny and axles. Like the OP said boost by gear and trial and error. Where there is a will there is a way

I don't think anybody is saying it can't be done. Of course it can. :rolleyes:

It's that it's going to be a lot harder than just HP + Tires + Clutch + Tranny + Good Launch = 9 sec 1/4 mile.

On paper it seems very prescriptive. Just get the right parts, elements etc. in order and done! But the reality is that is not the case because the number of intangibles goes up exponentially and so while there may be 5 factors to address to get into the 11's there are 50 factors to deal with to get into the 9's. I'm saying this based on personal experience.

Thank you Vegas I will be running slicks at the track for sure not drag radials I know many have tried but we are confident in our build & expecting to break into the 9s if all goes well

Quote from Vegas>It's that it's going to be a lot harder than just HP + Tires + Clutch + Tranny + Good Launch = 9 sec 1/4 mile.

Vegas maybe your under the assumption that we are trying to go 9 sec flat in the 1/4 mile that is not the case we are expecting to break into the high 9s like around 9.9-9.10 in the 1/4 mile. Also everything you mentioned above is exactly what we will need to achieve that goal>>>HP + Tires + Clutch + Tranny + Good Launch = 9 sec 1/4 mile.

Good luck, but I'm just being honest here, I don't think it's going to be that easy. Factor X tried every manner of tires and it was hard to get it too hook. The main problem I see is that even on a 305 wide tire (and I think you need a wider tire) you aren't getting the full tire contact patch and that is with the camber completely adjusted to the max. Then when the car squats under boost, it makes it even worse as the suspension moves up and tires rotates in. You'll need some sort of camber correction kit to make sure the tires get full contact.

And IF you happen to manage to get full tire hookup on launch, all that torque is going to wreak havoc on your your entire drivetrain from your lug bolts all the way up to your clutch. It will be quite frustrating to play the game of find your weakest link, fix, then find the next. Perhaps you'll get lucky, but I wasn't able to find many stock components in the drivetrain that could handle the 600+ ft. lbs. of torque and they never broke at the same time (only sequentially). And dropping the engine every single time got very tiring and expensive.

Last edited:
Blacknot you are correct when I first started on this forum everyone was suggesting not to pass the 400 hp mark not safe .I ran my BBSC for years at 508 RWHP on 15lbs of boost on stock block with no issues the tuner is everything after a good build.This Turbo set up is not your usual basic set up we will be running up to 35lbs of boost which I dont believe anyone else here has done before everything is top of the line to much to list but build thread starting soon.Side note I ran 11.1 in the 1/4 mile spinning 1st gear on worn down drag radials with 541 RWHP with 200 more hp & slicks 9s seem very possible

Last edited:
For what it is worth, ONESTEP will definitely have the hp to run in the nines. I believe that he will run in the nines, but there will be a learning curve. I also think that if he puts his mind and finances to it, he will make a nine second pass. It is a simple equation......learning curve + money = 9 second pass. If he continues to learn and continues to fix weak links he will run in the nines. Simple as that. PERIOD. I wish him the best of luck knowing that we will all benefit from his endeavor. Hope you go to the track soon as I cant wait. Make it a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a simple equation......learning curve + money = 9 second pass.

Absolutely, however, I would modify that equation slightly.

learning curve + (money you initially expected x 4) = 9 second pass

That's the problem that people find out. Can it be done? Sure can. Do you want to spend the potential 6 figures it's going to take for a fairly meaningless distinction? Most people are going to find, several months and several thousand dollars in, that they realize they COULD do it if they really wanted to, but at the same time realize what it's actually going to take in terms of more money and time and find that it's just not worth it.

Vegas maybe your under the assumption that we are trying to go 9 sec flat in the 1/4 mile that is not the case we are expecting to break into the high 9s like around 9.9-9.10 in the 1/4 mile. Also everything you mentioned above is exactly what we will need to achieve that goal>>>HP + Tires + Clutch + Tranny + Good Launch = 9 sec 1/4 mile.

No, I understand what cracking into the 9's mean. I'm just saying Factor X got a 10.02 run. That car had 850 whp and about $80,000 of work put into that and they still didn't get there. And trust me, they thought it was going to take A LOT less to even get there. So if you want to put more into your build then they did, then it would seem logical that you could easily get there. However, that seems to me to be a lot of money.

Again, not doubting you can do it. In fact, I'm actually pretty sure you will break the 9's. But if you do it on the initial budget you factored from the start (heck even double), I'll actually be more impressed than the 9 sec pass.

Back