• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

G35 Coupe vs. NSX-T

I was in the same boat--choosing between a newer G or a several year old NSX.

Chose the NSX and have never been happier. My friends with G35s kick themselves when they realize what they could have got for similar $$. :)

Wow... That production numbers wiki was very humbling. Only 91 White 6spd T-tops with pop-ups were ever made :( A coupe may be in the works after all.
Thanks for all the great links!

Wow... That production numbers wiki was very humbling. Only 91 White 6spd T-tops with pop-ups were ever made :( A coupe may be in the works after all.
Thanks for all the great links!

91 is actually a pretty big selection to choose from! I know people who sit and wait for one of 3 cars to come on the mkt!

Mine is one of 13. One of One CDN cars.

Your own advice is the best advice. Go drive the cars, you won't probably notice much of a performance difference based on year, but more so on how well the car has been maintained or how hard it's life has been.

Once you get into these cars, maintenance and type of driving has much more of an impact than the year of the car. Even if a 97 was 1/2 second faster in 1/4 mile times when it was new, doesn't mean that it will be now.

Find the best, nicest car you can regarless of year and you'll love your NSX forever.

BTW -the Toronto guys will be very helpful to you in your search for an NSX, post on the Canadian section and they'll give you more help than you can handle.

Seriously it is a great time to buy an NSX in the states - I did! But its here with me in Dubai until I return back home...:)

If I were you I'd get a STI for the winter and NSX for the summer. Think about it you can be Aryton Senna (F1 Champion) in the Summer and Colin McRae (rally driver) in the winter. Sounds like fun to me and both cars would keep you from wanting to sell and get something else and also keep the fun factor at a high.

Hmmmm...morbid that I named two deceased professional drivers but heck they are my all time favorites!

Any car with mods can be fast so lets throw that out of the way. NSX = looks. NSX, worst bang for the buck, but it sure is sexy. And eh... don't compare a Vette to a NSX... hahaha I've never seen a NSX rape a Vette except one that had mad money dumped into it. Respect.

Any car with mods can be fast so lets throw that out of the way. NSX = looks. NSX, worst bang for the buck, but it sure is sexy. And eh... don't compare a Vette to a NSX... hahaha I've never seen a NSX rape a Vette except one that had mad money dumped into it. Respect.

Say what? A stock 97+ NSX is faster than a C5 vette.

NSX is one of the better bangs for the buck IMO. Certainly better then the 996 Pcar that it is less expensive then, and better than as well.

RE: Bang for the buck, frankly, for basic performance, there are many alternatives with better bang for equivalent bucks. But when you compare it to other exotics, nothing else comes close.

I would discourage using it as a daily driver but that's just my humble opinion. Make no mistake, it can be done... I just don't think it should be done.

dilemma??

dilemma?? if you were between a S2000 and your G35 yeah i could understand, but an NSX 97+ is a total hands down no brainer to even think twice .... go ahead, DO IT, get yourself a true amazing car!!
Oscar

Haha, 97+ is questionable due to $$ issues, I prefer to pay cash for my cars so that if I ever lose my job I don't have to get rid of them. If I were to get a loan and finance.. yeah.. but I don't know if I want to do that :D It will depend on how much I prefer it to the pre 97 car. If I find it's worth the extra money, I'll pay it, but if not, I wouldn't pay more just for the sake of having a bit better car. That and there's also the fact that I already have the G, and need to sell it and get an NSX. If I didn't have either car, and was just choosing what to buy, it'd be a lot easier choice. As it stands, I would have to take a price hit and lose $ because of timing on the sale, and then spend even more time driving my beater looking for the right NSX, so I have quite a bit discouraging me from making the change.

Either way, I was originally looking for a bit more detailed comparo, like you have of other cars, because really when you just say "better", it doesn't give a very detailed idea of exactly how it's better. You have some very nice comparos of the NSX vs. Gallardo, and NSX vs. FD, so I was kinda hoping one of the people that have owned both (I saw atleast 2 in this thread) could throw together something like that, if they're not too busy.

Thanks again, you've all been really great!

These ABC car vs. XYZ car threads are always tough. It's hard to quantify opinions and at the same time numbers (0-60, 1/4 mile, skidpad, etc) don't tell the whole story either. You'll get more feedback on this thread over time. There are several G35 + NSX owners out there and eventually they'll post thier real life experiences.

What happened to the S2000 & NSX comparo thread?

^That sucks. You can find a NSX, G35 & S2000 for about 20k just gotta look. I actually found a red NSX 1991 this past spring for 18k in California with 80k on the odometer. My buddy right now is selling his red G35 coupe for 18k & for around that price you can get a nice S2000, its just preferences. I'm a convertible kinda guy so I got the S2000. Best convertible I can afford. My next car will be the NSX the pop up lights are my kinda deal. When I get a NSX I could care less about performance although I know it has some. It'll be looks and reliability. I don't see Lambos & Vipers with 100k miles on them.

Lets face it Civics are Hondas fastest cars. Motor swap, bolt-on parts and a little tune & with 300-600whp it'll eat anything up. BUT its still a civic. :biggrin:

This this a joke. The only thing the G35 has to offer is rear seats and maybe trunk space. Oh and it is a bit easier to get into.

Go drive the two cars back to back. The difference is night and day.

Last edited:
Never liked the idea of S2000 "vs" NSX or G35 "vs" NSX. Maybe a S2000 & NSX comparision but I don't see why they have to go head to head with VS. hahaha...

All the cars being compared are nice with he NSX being better. :biggrin:

I have both and there is NO Comparison

G35 = S2000, Accord V6, Acura CL Type S... these type of cars NOT an NSX WAY differant.

Bram

Haha, 97+ is questionable due to $$ issues, I prefer to pay cash for my cars so that if I ever lose my job I don't have to get rid of them. If I were to get a loan and finance.. yeah.. but I don't know if I want to do that :D It will depend on how much I prefer it to the pre 97 car. If I find it's worth the extra money, I'll pay it, but if not, I wouldn't pay more just for the sake of having a bit better car. That and there's also the fact that I already have the G, and need to sell it and get an NSX. If I didn't have either car, and was just choosing what to buy, it'd be a lot easier choice. As it stands, I would have to take a price hit and lose $ because of timing on the sale, and then spend even more time driving my beater looking for the right NSX, so I have quite a bit discouraging me from making the change.

Either way, I was originally looking for a bit more detailed comparo, like you have of other cars, because really when you just say "better", it doesn't give a very detailed idea of exactly how it's better. You have some very nice comparos of the NSX vs. Gallardo, and NSX vs. FD, so I was kinda hoping one of the people that have owned both (I saw atleast 2 in this thread) could throw together something like that, if they're not too busy.

Thanks again, you've all been really great!

Bram, it says you're in Oakville, I'm actually really close by. I work at Dundas & Winston Churchill and live just 5 min away at Dundas & Erin Mills. If you don't mind, maybe when you pull your car out of storage you could take me for a drive?

Either way, I guess I'm kinda hoping for someone to tell me that they're a wretched car, I wouldn't be happy if I bought one, and that I should just keep my Coupe and stop being an idiot.

hahahha. Yeah right.
You'll find here many people to whom money is not a factor, and the NSX was still the car of choice. Over lambo, over ferrari, over 911 Turbos.

I can't think of another car in the same league honestly. You may argue ferrari and lambo are higher, but you would change your mind the first time something broke outside of warantee.

Back