• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gallardo Run

newby said:
Lamborghinis are not the easiest cars to drive (I don't know from experience...but that is what I've read). The NSX is made easy to drive.
:cool:

I think they were hard to drive back in the diablo days, but in the murciealgo and gallardo days, I don't think that is true anymore. If anything, the gallardo might be easier to drive with a paddle shifter and AWD.

newby said:
HUGE

Thanks for the info on the bike... I'm more into sportbikes...but I do like the look of the GTS-1000. Thanks for the pictures :smile:

We all know the Gallardo is faster.....that's a fact. What it comes down to is driver ability. I guarantee I could beat a 16 year-old's first day in his daddy's Gallardo with my NSX. If anyone can challange me to this....it's a challange I welcome :biggrin:

Lamborghinis are not the easiest cars to drive (I don't know from experience...but that is what I've read). The NSX is made easy to drive.

:cool:
ugh

Although I dont know him intamately, Im pretty sure he is known as Hugh, and not "Huge". :biggrin:

Armando

They are not all that on the track. A track buddy of mine (who runs equal to avg NSX lap times, was dead even, and eventually passed a Gallardo @ BIR with a modded Gen 3 RX7 turbo. Unless your definition of "track" really was meant to be "strip". Then The NSX will look slow.
MiamieNeSeX said:
Before you Monday morning quarter back, run with one on and off the track.

The NSX is fast and nimble, but not in the same league as the Gallardo.

Armando

T Bell said:
They are not all that on the track. A track buddy of mine (who runs equal to avg NSX lap times, was dead even, and eventually passed a Gallardo @ BIR with a modded Gen 3 RX7 turbo. Unless your definition of "track" really was meant to be "strip". Then The NSX will look slow.

Im not talking about a freind who has a freind who ran against one on a full moon. Drive one and get first hand experience, it will walk away from a stock NSX and its as sticky as the NSX around the twisties.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
Im not talking about a freind who has a freind who ran against one on a full moon. Drive one and get first hand experience, it will walk away from a stock NSX and its as sticky as the NSX around the twisties.

Armando

ARMANDO

You sound like you own the car or have driven on on a regular basis. I can only base my opinion off of what I've read and seen in videos. It's an impressive car...nobody is denying that.

newby said:
ARMANDO

You sound like you own the car or have driven on on a regular basis. I can only base my opinion off of what I've read and seen in videos. It's an impressive car...nobody is denying that.

Only way to see what a car can do is to drive it. Paper only holds ink :)

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
Only way to see what a car can do is to drive it. Paper only holds ink :)

Armando

Do you have one I could drive? I would prefer to speak from experience :biggrin:

And HUGE.......sorry about the incorrect name and your welcome for the compliment!!

newby said:
Here are the stats on his car...which is impressive

Top Speed: 192.0 MPH / 309 KPH
0 - 60 MPH: 4.2 Seconds
0 - 100 MPH: Not Available
¼ mile: 12.2 Seconds

Yeah, that's impressive alright. Here's what's not:

Zero luggage space

Your left foot resting 8 inches behind your right foot when it is on the dead
pedal because the wheel well takes up so much room in the footwell

Heel/toe accelerating - by this I mean having the brake pedal located so
close to the console that anyone with a size 11 or larger shoe needs to do
some serious contortions to press the gas pedal without also hitting the
brake pedal at the same time

Stiff ride and poor seating that will leave your back hurting in no time

Thin fragile Italian leather and cheapo paint

The usual Italian hardware like latches and handles that feel like they will
break sooner rather than later

Marginal rear three quarter vision - progress has been made but not
enough

The car looks like a nightmare to work on and of course the dealer
network is very limitted

MSRP and dealer gouging above and beyond that

And list goes on

IMHO the only real competition to the NSX in the REAL SPORTSCAR YOU CAN GO ON A TRIP IN & YOUR WIFE LIKES TOO is still the Porsche 911

Last edited:
Okay...just for cedibility sake, everyone on here who has personally driven a Lamborghini at speed, or just plain agressively, please identify yourself. I want to see who has some first hand experience here, thank you. :)

In case you are wondering, yes, I have driven a couple different Lamborghinis ('97.5 Diablo VT Roadster, '98 Diablo SV, and even an LM-002). My impression from driving them back to back with my NSX was that the Lambo's have HUGE power, feel great on straightaways, but really take some intense concentration and manhandling driving abilities to drive well on the track, or through some twisties. Great fun to operate, just much harder to drive fast in curves. I am thinking that the Gallardo probably follows that line.

We had this same talk about the Ferrari and nsx. please lets don't go down that road. Armando is right, who owns one? who has lived with the car for a few months? A s far as 'Italian hardware" the car was built by Audi, not that the Italians can't build cars, ala 360, f430 ect.. The facts are the new lambo is an excellent car, yes, i have driven one and am thinking of trading my f355 for one. lets just face it, the nsx is a great car, hell a used nice one for 30-50k is a great deal, however it's no lambo.

vince

j14nsx said:
But if the cars are running as they come stock, then the Gallardo will have Pirelli Pzero tyres, the NSXR on RE070's.

The RE070 are a very sticky track tyre.

They are great, I know I have some.

My quick opinion -- I've not driven a Gallardo, but were the drivers similiar in skills and balls, the Gallardo wins.

On a side note, my favorite tires thus far ok Pirelli Pzero Corsas. No, they don't last long, but I have them on my 911 Turbo and 360CS and they are AWESOME. I'm looking for something like that for the NSX -- something more grippy than the A-022s.

You're right on track, Mitch....
I had the opportunity to borrow a Lambo Gallardo for a weekend. That car was a RUSH :eek: to drive in the straights. I think it runs 0 - 100 mph in around 9 seconds flat. MUCH quicker than my NSX. (I'm thinking of getting a SC just to feel that power once again) Taking turns at speed was another issue. I felt the NSX to be more stable at speed. (This may have been influenced by the fact that I didn't want to destroy a $185,000 car.) Braking seemed similar. Fit and finish was good, NOT perfect. :redface:

Overall I really enjoyed the car, but bang for the buck, etc., I'll keep my NSX. :wink:

Dave

Meeyatch1 said:
Okay...just for cedibility sake, everyone on here who has personally driven a Lamborghini at speed, or just plain agressively, please identify yourself. I want to see who has some first hand experience here, thank you. :)QUOTE]

I have driven the Murci and the Gallardo at speed, the Murci is a beast and very hard to see out of and throw around. The Gallardo does everything the Merci cant, but it does not look as mean or have the cool doors that made Lambo famous. I am looking to get a Gallardo in the near future, the prices are starting to drop now that they anoucend the new Gallardo rag top is comming with 600hp.
The price right now is about $140.000 for a used 6,000 mile car. I would expect them to drop around $100 to 110.000. once the new model hits the streets. On of the best cars on the market right now. imo

Last edited:
I think you meant Murci. And yes, I agree that the Gallardo seems quite interesting. The Audi influence seems quite evident in the interior quality. Not flashy but definitely solid. It seems the car would be more reliable than a 360 but I have no data to support that. It seemed that the Gallardo had a more flashy or contempo look which it may have. But nothing looks like a Murci coming toward or away from you. It looks like a giant stepped on it and squashed it making it super flat and as wide as some cars are long. It can afford to have smoother, less in your face angles as Gallardo because its sheer proportions add enough drama to make up for it.

Back