• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Garage Queens veses DRIVERS

Are you really exercising that NSX while you are running out for groceries, or sitting in traffic on your commute to the office?

I find the idea of driving a sports car everyday as ludicrous as the idea of driving my sedan, or my SUV at the track.

I dont feel like I sacrifice much. I can find enjoyment driving the car in any type of road/weather condition.

Theres cars that get worse gas mileage, are less comfortable, are less fun, and less practical. NSX was designed for the average enthusiast to be able to daily drive it, track it, and still be able to afford the maintenance :cool:

Id find daily driving a Ferrari or Lambo much more ridiculous. That is unless you can afford to rack up the miles, at that rate more power to ya haha.

What if you drive it often enough to enjoy it, and never sell it?

BTW- this is all silly argument IMO. Every person enjoys things in a different way.

Let me ask all of you "drivers" a rhetorical-

Are you really exercising that NSX while you are running out for groceries, or sitting in traffic on your commute to the office?

I find the idea of driving a sports car everyday as ludicrous as the idea of driving my sedan, or my SUV at the track.

The NSX is for a run to enjoy the changing foliage. The NSX is suited for the twisty roads that go nowhere in particular, or a cruise on a warm summer evening that might get a bit athletic if the traffic is sparse and the mood is right.

That's not to say I disapprove of your choice to enjoy your NSX differently. I understand you guys love your cars, and I applaud your sacrifice. Personally when I am sitting in traffic on my commute to the office every day I prefer heated seats, an automatic transmission, and a functional cup holder.

I think daily driving an NSX is like using thoroughbred to pull the plow.

But that's just me.

P

For the 2 or 3 mile drive to the office I can agree but for those of us who have a longer drive without much traffic the NSX is a great daily.
I think the thoroghbred would still rather be out everyday even if it meant sometimes pulling the plow/driving to work rather than in a barn/garage most of the time:biggrin:

I dont feel like I sacrifice much. I can find enjoyment driving the car in any type of road/weather condition.

Theres cars that get worse gas mileage, are less comfortable, are less fun, and less practical. NSX was designed for the average enthusiast to be able to daily drive it, track it, and still be able to afford the maintenance :cool:

Id find daily driving a Ferrari or Lambo much more ridiculous. That is unless you can afford to rack up the miles, at that rate more power to ya haha.

I could not have said it better:cool:

I totally agree with the person who said, "if you don't drive your car you are just saving it for the next owner to enjoy!" I saw this first hand when I bought a car and barely drove it for a 2 years. After I sold it I felt bad that I wasted all that time owning it sitting in my garage. I drive my car whenever I can but since I have 3 cars and one is a company car for commuting I don't put a lot of miles on either of my garaged cars. I am not afraid to track my nsx though. I think that is the best place to drive it and see how it feels.

I would love to have VegasNSX's car except I can't fit in his seats. You have to weigh 165 lbs or less to squeeze in his race seats. I am too fat for his car.

agreed. Like the owner who put almost 100k on his lambo. That can sit as a garage queen as he blew the motor and it must sit but you cant say he didn't get the full use out of it. The NSX kicks A$$, why let it sit to say "yea, i own a nsx". Who cares if you never let it leave the driveway. I take the prelude to work in ontario, but ever weekend and even when I get off work at night I take it to friends, dinner, weekend cruises, food runs, almost anywhere I know the area and roads. No reason to let it sit, not when I hear nsx's are pulling 400k miles with basic maintaince.

Daily Driver with allowances for bad weather - (Hard rain/Ice & snow)
Back roads in the AM (before traffic) and I-75 PM;
I get to open it up daily;

A good escape from the work day

Driven 3/4 days out of seven. No ice, or heavy rain if at all possible. Washed every two weeks, waxed every 2/3 months. I have a short commute consisting of combination surface streets and highway. Just right for a warm up and a dance through the gears...
Almost a daily driver...

Queenie... gets about 1000 to 2000 miles a year on the road, depending upon the year !

The problem is, I have to spread the road miles out over the other "queenies" in the barn :smile:

She'll be a garage queen.

I'll daily drive something else (unknown at this point) as the traffic in Toronto is quite stop and go. I'll try and exercise the NSX as much as I can during spring, summer and fall (park the daily).

Driver; I drive my NSX when I want to, not because I have to. Right now she is sitting in my driveway getting rained on :)frown:) but I don't own the house/garage where I live and the owner is a douche and won't let me park in there! (moving out within the next six months TO A PLACE WITH A GARAGE!) I have a Daily driver (Miata) that I enjoy, but when the mood strikes me to drive, I drive the NSX.

20k in just over two years (with three track weekends in there) It is safe to say I have a love/hate relationship with the rock chips in my front bumper.

She is a Driven Queen. Drive her as much as possible, of course no snow and very rarely rain, but if caught in it I don't panic. Gets washed a whole lot and detailed so she really does look like a Queen but also gets driven, got over 20,000 mi on this 6 yr old NSX. Though for the winter she does hybernate. Am finding I drive her less since I got a 996tt for a daily driver since the urge is somewhat suppressed but she always gets my attention for any spirited backroad jaunts and long cruises, the P car is just not as comfortable and forgiving.

There you have it, a Driven Queen!

Tytus

I guess it's a garage queen (not driven in rain if I can help it), but 20% of its miles are track events.

I guess it's a garage queen (not driven in rain if I can help it), but 20% of its miles are track events.

Oh oh, by that definition mine is a Queen, I won't track her, got a P-car for that. Too much abuse on the track in traffic, crap flying at you at high speed. I would say if you track your car it can't be a Queen it must be a Driver; unless it falls into the catagory pegged by me as a Driven Queen.

Tytus

WOW 48 states for the NSX!!!! I find that amazing in ANY car let alone the NSX based on your criteria. My wife and I have this goal to take pictures next to all 50 state "Welcome Signs" just on vacations :biggrin:

We've got Alaska covered but I can you we are still nowhere near even 30 states!

EDITED:

I forgot to answer the question in this thread :)

My NSX covered about 1400 miles last year (2010) so I guess that would put it in the Garage Queen category.

rick

Last edited:
After pondering this thread, gotta say mine is more of a garage queen at this time than a daily driver. Have owned her for almost exactly a year, and have mostly driven her on weekends only, with an occasional drive to work. I have, fortunately, (or unfortunately :eek: ) two other cars to drive - an 04 S2000 with 12k miles, and a Highlander. When it is raining, or cold (or snow on the ground like now..... ) I take the Toyota. When its top-down weather I take the S2000 - and when I just want to enjoy the thrill of driving a great mid-engine automobile, I enjoy the NSX.

Having said all of that, I definately plan on putting more miles on the NSX in 2011. And loving every mile of it... :wink: Jay

WOW 48 states for the NSX!!!! I find that amazing in ANY car let alone the NSX based on your criteria. My wife and I have this goal to take pictures next to all 50 state "Welcome Signs" just on vacations :biggrin:

We've got Alaska covered but I can assure you we are still nowhere near even 30 states!

rick

When I started out last year on the beginning of this (silly) quest, I took pictures in front of the welcome signs of Wyoming, Montana and Idaho.

And then there really weren't many more. What with the economic situation in most of the country, it seems most of the states are not continuing to maintain their "Welcome" signs. I grant you I spent most of these drives on lesser used roads, but after missing North Dakota, Montana and Wisconsin, I abandoned the picture idea. It is too bad, it would have been fun.

Perhaps you will have better luck.

I've been 5 times to Alaska and covered most of the state (by small plane, not car.) I really don't think I feel like driving all the way that far. If you have driven your NSX to Alaska, through Canada, my hat is off to you!

Mark

Driven to and from work about three times a week. Wish I could spend more time and money on revamping the interior, but that will have to wait. I have another car, so the NSX could potentially stay in the garage if necessary.

I am a metro guy so garage queen except for weekends (no snow/rain) and before it was even worse as I use to travel so not even weekends. Try to keep it clean as much possible. No kids/parties involving kids in my house coz they can't stop going into the garage - no matter how hard I try!

currently the bee is a garage queen....just happens to be Larry B's garage:tongue:

i use to drive my nsx frequently, which is why shes always dirty

but ever since i got my tl-s, i cant say i miss driving my nsx. the nsx is mostly for the attention whore part of me

My car gets washed very frequently and I like to keep it looking shiny BUT this car will go to EVERY track event in arizona and that is THAT!

Why buy a fantastic performance specimen only to watch it age without enjoying the ride along the way!!! ??

12 track events last year, 20,000 miles overall for 2010, granted my DD was down and I had to drive further to work. This year the summer months will probably be close to no NSX miles.

Last edited:
Back